• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod |OT|

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder how many copies of Just Cause 2 this mod sold? Almost literally during each beta this game was on sale :D
Surely Avalanche has to be encouraging it. They jumped into the top 20 sales (based on dollars, not number of sales I believe) today with the mod release and the 80% sale. Plus it's brilliant how it shows up with the rest of the JC2 DLC on the store page as hey, free multiplayer DLC!

so I've never played the MP before, but I've watched multiple videos of it. Do other mods work with this? Mainly skins and the Superman mod.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Game was way worth it before this mod ever existed, so not sure why people hesitated when it was only a couple bucks.

Indeed. You can have fun in single OR multiplayer.

Just having a second person to do jetstunts with is fun as hell.

Also they included a "/boost" command for server owners to add/remove. If you turn it on you can get flying Fire-engines going across Paunu.

How is he accelerating so quickly?

See above. The "/boost" command is enabled.

A friend invited me to ride on top of her Tuk Tuk.

tuktuk-at-sanam-luang.jpg
This was the end result.

Yeah. This game and I are gonna get along just fine.

ACE 1991

The game is certainly cool, but there being no real objectives makes it hard for me to see how this nothing more than a novelty.

jokkir

The game is certainly cool, but there being no real objectives makes it hard for me to see how this nothing more than a novelty.

Of course it's novelty. There were no plans from the start for multiplayer and I think it's too late to release a full multiplayer DLC in the games lifetime.

Pretty fun though especially considering the servers can get up to 800+ people at the same time.

Anyway, boosting is so much fun. Flying boats are too good.

OHHHH SNAP. DAYZ and this, all in one day. WTF, sensory overload!!!

This mod is great fun, I played waaaaaay back at the first iteration of it, and it was ridiculous. I can't wait to see everything that's changed.

Downloading now.

We gotta take a gang of GAFfers and take over an airstrip. This needs to happen.

Anyone else in EST TZ, playing evenings? add me on Steam: Busta_SMurk

Levyne

Banned
This is a dumb question but does the JC2 multiplayer mod pull any information from your single player save?

Fantastical

Death Prophet

You have to make your own fun. We as a GAF group should try to take over the Lost island for example, or the Mile High Club.

Everything interesting happens at the landmarks and airports.

I remember playing this in the early stages of beta, but the testing became too few and far between later on. I'm definitely gonna jump back in later today, the experience was batshit insane!

First thing I'm gonna do is fly to the Mile High Club (if I can, that is)

Sanic

How many people per server on average?

A bunch with 1-10 people, and then a few with several hundred. Max capacity I saw was 5000 I believe.

I really like how races/derbys are generated all the time. There's more to do than partake in random chaos.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How many people per server on average?

Depends on the server. Max I've seen is 10,000(!) but only had like 200-500 players in it.

There's wayyyyyyyyyyy too many servers right now to where you won't see full or near full servers for a while until they consolidate down.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
A friend invited me to ride on top of her Tuk Tuk.

This was the end result.

Yeah. This game and I are gonna get along just fine.

If you do the derby it doesn't let you link cars because the tether isn't strong enough.

But, if someone stays still long enough, you can tether them before they start moving and it'll stick.

I was able to stick some smaller cars to my fire truck and when you pull em just right, they do some SERIOUS air acrobatics. It's SO GOOD.

Also, to the guy who asked, it doesn't pull your save no.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
fuck yeah, those were the days.

Nothing will ever be as amazing as the first test when vehicle jacking was enabled, the airport was absolute chaos.

I do kind of miss the original way it worked. Everyone spawned in that big city and made a mad dash for the nearest airport. If you were able to fly out of the airport with a plane it was a fucking miracle.

Elija2

Goddamn this mod is amazing. So far I haven't been able to get into a server with over 100 people in it so I can only imagine how crazy those get.

I do kind of miss the original way it worked. Everyone spawned in that big city and made a mad dash for the nearest airport. If you were able to fly out of the airport with a plane it was a fucking miracle.

I'm loving the current version of the game, but I would love to see a server that was like this. I'd also like to play on a functional Factions server because I loved that gamemode with a burning passion.

I guess I'll just have to wait until the community has been established more and we start to see the major regular servers.

Played a little last night. I got on a server that had the boost function on by default. Due to pure luck, my first vehicle that I discovered this with was an RV, which I used to eventually soar higher than the Mile High Club before letting it go.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
I know who I like to play as...

My name is Bolo Santosi, I am the leader of the revolutionary army known as duh reapahs.

Top Bottom