• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 Quick Look EX

Bumping because this shows quite a bit of new stuff (challenges, story missions, cutscenes, good players).

If anyone was wondering what the overall content for the game is, definitely watch this.

Samaritan

This couldn't come out at a more perfect time. End of the year, just built a new PC, and seriously in the mood for a big, stupid open world to blow shit up in. The next two weeks are going to be hard to wait through.

BigDug13

Won't play on my iPhone. Tells me to get an html5 capable browser. I thought the big deal with Apple was refusing flash in favor of html5 so not sure what the deal is.

killroy87

Can't wait, looks incredible!

I still worry about the variety and quality of single player missions, but I suppose that's not where the appeal lies in Just Cause.

Also, I wish they had made more of an incentive to actually use a car beyond just the driving challenges.

ironcreed

Banned
My gods that water looks incredible.

Indeed.

BqYnV5o.gif

Tunahead

As a person who had both rocket launchers left at the end of Resident Evil 4 in case I needed them later, I am super happy that there are unlimited explosives.

Myggen

I'm really interested in this game even though I had no love for 2.

Unfortunately Giant Bomb's video player isn't working for me and hasn't for a couple days now. Just keeps playing the ad and never loads the video, just like on the starcraft 2 video.

If you've got HTTPS Everywhere or an adblock installed, try disabling those for GB. The site player currently has problems with both of those pugins/extensions.

Also yeah, Just Cause 3 looks fucking rad.

Justinh

If you've got HTTPS Everywhere or an adblock installed, try disabling those for GB. The site player currently has problems with both of those pugins/extensions.

Also yeah, Just Cause 3 looks fucking rad.

I have Giant Bomb whitelisted for adblock and Ghostery. This has only been the second video I've had issues with (the other being the legacy of the void quick look). I guess I can just wait in the future the day or so before the new hotness is posted on youtube. Kinda stinks though, because I love love love the "fill browser" thingy in the Giant Bomb player.

I hope they do a regular QL as well, I appreciate the EX version, but I prefer to see impressions, not propaganda.

I might be misremembering (I don't follow GB nearly as much as other members here), but EX Quick Looks haven't replaced proper QL for other games before, have they?

I hope they'll do a proper one when the game comes out too (specially because I want to see Vinny playing lol).

But at least here we get to see someone from QA playing the game, which is awesome.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I hope they do a regular QL as well, I appreciate the EX version, but I prefer to see impressions, not propaganda.

Yeah I noticed she turned the camera away rather quickly from explosions whenever the framerate started to drop a lot, though might just be coincidental given the fast paced nature of the game, of course.

Tainted

I might be misremembering (I don't follow GB nearly as much as other members here), but EX Quick Looks haven't replaced proper QL for other games before, have they?

I hope they'll do a proper one when the game comes out too (specially because I want to see Vinny playing lol).

But at least here we get to see someone from QA playing the game, which is awesome.

Correct, at release they will do a 'normal' QL. The QL EXs never have and never will replace them. It is just a chance for the devs to step into their offices, offer up a preview and provide a bit of insight into the development process

Why are all the JC3 threads so short? It feels like nobody cares this game is coming out in less than 2 weeks. I think this (along with EDF 4.1) will be one of the most pure fun games of the whole year. I mean if people aren't interested they aren't interested. I just find it odd.

I'm excited anyway.

Not able to watch this atm. Is it PC or console footage?
PC. (you can literally see Steam Achievements when they get one lol)

Why are all the JC3 threads so short? It feels like nobody cares this game is coming out in less than 2 weeks. I think this (along with EDF 4.1) will be one of the most pure fun games of the whole year.

I'm excited anyway.
There are some games that are not quite popular on GAF, I feel.

Hitman is very similar with that too. The games are way more popular than the GAF threads would lead you to believe.

Also MMOs and stuff, but those are a given to not be popular over here.

ironcreed

Banned
Why are all the JC3 threads so short? It feels like nobody cares this game is coming out in less than 2 weeks. I think this (along with EDF 4.1) will be one of the most pure fun games of the whole year. I mean if people aren't interested they aren't interested. I just find it odd.

I'm excited anyway.

I have been wondering the same. Seems like many are sleeping on this game.

Tainted

I'm excited anyway.

It wouldn't 100% explain it....but it has come out at a time when alot of people are too busy playing Fallout 4, Battlefront, CoD, Halo, etc to care :)

Personally, I think it looks too samey to JC2... I know the graphics look alot better, but I can't help but get a strong feeling of Deja vu. It just seems like a prettier JC2 with mods.

Kas

I spent a good 150 hours in Juat Cause 2 across 2 playthroughs, and I'm more than stoked for 3.

I've been a bit worried about world size, so I'm hoping that despite being the same as as 2, it'll feel bigger.

Palehorse

JC2 was one of those games I just kept going back to. I'd play a couple hours blowin stuff up and having fun and then put it down. I think it took me a year all told but I finished it.

Satisfying action, can't wait for 3.

Yea, I think people are kind of overlooking this game right now unfortunately. All of the trailers have looked great. Just Cause 2 was one of my favorite games lats gen, and 3 looks like 2 on steroids, which is fine by me.

SJRB

Gold Member

I'm excited anyway.

Because Just Cause 3 is a game that is fun to play but beyond boring to watch. I bailed after watching the quicklook for 10 minutes because it's such a snoozefest.

Not to mention I wouldn't have a clue as to what to actually discuss about the game, it's such a cookie cutter sequel. Not that this is a bad thing per se, but it just leaves little to discuss.

danowat

Banned
Is it just me, or is there not much buzz about this?, I mean it's only what, just over a week away from release?

I was holding off on buying a holiday game this year. This is what I told myself. MGSV was my last new game. I love Fallout, but I'm waiting for a while before I pick it up, due to my plans of clearing my backlog.

The more I see of this game, the more I want it. Plus, I want the devs to have good sales numbers, especially since I loved JC2 so much, and PS Plus gave it to me for free...I owe them!

Durden77

So tempted, but I'm not even going to watch this. Just Cause 2 is one of my favorite games ever, and I don't see how this could dissapoint from what I've seen. So I shall remain in the dark.

Top Bottom