• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Official Trailer 1

Should Superman eventually appear in the trailers?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah I totally agree, but do you think using an actual real costume would have been better? I think it would have with some CGI work used only when necessary but I'm sure it would have been a pain in the ass to work with and DC went the easier route.

If there trying to make him the Iron Man type part of the cast, you play the costume to its strengths w/o breaking the bank

Like you see RDJ wear the chest piece or some of the Iron Man armor to give it weight, then overlay CGI on to it
Look at all these:
Gmmb524.jpg

I like this, would have fit him more with the team:
bCugMEk.jpg

If there trying to make him the Iron Man type part of the cast, you play the costume to its strengths w/o breaking the bank

Like you see RDJ wear the chest piece or some of the Iron Man armor to give it weight, then overlay CGI on to it
Look at all these:
http://i.imgur.com/Gmmb524.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bCugMEk.jpg[/IM[/QUOTE]

I'll say upfront I'm not a fan of how Cyborg looks here. Some of the concept art they had was far less comic accurate, and to me that's an improvement. I believe what they wanted to avoid by going with the costumes in those pics is the idea that it's a costume at all. Again, not all that successful in making it look good for now, but I get what they were going with in theory.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qhVv4km.jpg
7Wzxse1.jpg

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Such a butthurt fanboyish thing to say. People don't shit on DC when there's no reason to. DCs TV offerings have been pretty ok, sometimes even being pretty great and people generally are fairly positive on what they do in the TV-lands. Their movies just suck bad or are mediocre at best, so that's why negativity surrounds DC. It's not "in" for no reason.

PYtAPBD.gif

Look at all these:
Gmmb524.jpg

bCugMEk.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that the cosplay in the middle row is for an entirely different purpose?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I actually like Cyborgs design, it reminds me of the Terminator design in a way. Being rather thin at certain spots etc, there is no need for lots of muscles - he's a machine. Could have been even more T800 inspired.

jrush64

Banned
Such a butthurt fanboyish thing to say. People don't shit on DC when there's no reason to. DCs TV offerings have been pretty ok, sometimes even being pretty great and people generally are fairly positive on what they do in the TV-lands. Their movies just suck bad or are mediocre at best, so that's why negativity surrounds DC. It's not "in" for no reason.

Nice Tag you got there.

Veelk

Banned
I don't think anyone can deny that in terms of visuals and actions scenes, Snyder is da Gawd

I deny him as da Gawd. He's one of the few willing to do what basically amounts to DBZ fights, but he doesn't concern himself with whether the fighting moves are congruent with the characters performing them. Best example of this is the final fight with Zod, who is bragging about how he was using his special kryptonian martial arts training while he leap frogged up the side of a building. He also is really bad at showing the impact of the hits his characters take as consequence. There's never any sustained injury except from wounds that are plot relevant. Zod doesn't get a single scratch on him until superman decides he has to break his neck, at which point he gets a permanent injury. Superman doesn't get a scratch on him despite the abuse he takes, except for the cut on his cheek and then the star through the spear. It means the consequences of the fight feel only plot dependent. We're always just waiting for the one hit that matters amongst a bunch that don't.

Effect

I deny him as da Gawd. He's one of the few willing to do what basically amounts to DBZ fights, but he doesn't concern himself with whether the fighting moves are congruent with the characters performing them. Best example of this is the final fight with Zod, who is bragging about how he was using his special kryptonian martial arts training while he leap frogged up the side of a building.

He says nothing about martial arts. He says he was breed to be warrior and we get him saying/question if Clark was trained on a farm. The point is that he's controlling the flow of the fight and letting Clark know he's better. There is nothing said about any type of fighting style he's using.

If Cyborg doesn't really have body, why should his robot parts resemble muscular body he had? I mean lot of criticisms comes from that he looks too small or skinny.

Veelk

Banned
He says nothing about martial arts. He says he was breed to be warrior and we get him saying/question if Clark was trained on a farm. The point is that he's controlling the flow of the fight and letting Clark know he's better. There is nothing said about any type of fighting style he's using.

To know a martial art, a fighting style, whatever, is what it means to be a warrior and control the flow of the fight. Very little of what he did seemed like something that he'd learn how to do on Krypton. If anything, his competence there seemed to mostly involve a gun.

That's what I mean. He says that he's using the abilities he learned as a Kryptonian warrior, but how is any of that visually conveyed in his fighting? What Kryptonian sargeant taught him to leap frog up the side of a wall? Where did he learn to spin around really fast holding a guy's cape? Was holding a steel construction bar an ancient kryptonian weapon? I doubt all that.

BadAss2961

Not to mention Zod's learning powers for the very first time. I mean, why not frog up a fucking building?

Threadkilling Thor 2 meme returns.

Bleepey

To know a martial art, a fighting style, whatever, is what it means to be a warrior and control the flow of the fight. Very little of what he did seemed like something that he'd learn how to do on Krypton. If anything, his competence there seemed to mostly involve a gun.

That's what I mean. He says that he's using the abilities he learned as a Kryptonian warrior, but how is any of that visually conveyed in his fighting? What Kryptonian sargeant taught him to leave frog on a wall? Where did he learn to spin around really fast holding a guy's cape? Was holding a steel construction bar an ancient kryptonian weapon? I doubt all that.
You do really look for any excuse don't you. Is getting jumped in the Kryptonian way good enough for you to show what might be taught
https://youtu.be/ReeAndIhblE?t=64

Veelk

Banned
You do really look for any excuse don't you. Is getting jumped in the Kryptonian way good enough for you to show what might be taught
https://youtu.be/ReeAndIhblE?t=64

Well...no, not at all. They certainly show a different fighting style here, especially Faora with that flashstep thing she does. But that's not something she'd be taught on Krypton, where her physical abilities are basically the same as a human's on earths. She wouldn't have ever been able to do the flashstep thing, or jump 20 feet into the air, so how can she train for it? But lets say I do agree with you that isolated clip looks like it's fought in kryptonian fighting style.

That means that Snyder is, at best, inconsistent because the most important fight, Zod's, doesn't feature that. And I don't look for any excuse, it's just that there isn't anything good about Snyder's movies that doesn't come with a big conditional "but...." I'm not saying the fights MoS has are bad, but.....Snyder's not Da Gawd.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Say what you want about Snyder, but he's the one I trust to actually put something like that on the big screen.

I just like the fact that he's happy to shoot CLEAN images of shit going down, rather than constant jump cuts. Was watching Age of Ultron last night and God fucking damn was it irritating to see shit like

a) Prepare to punch
b) Ultron sees punch coming
c) Punch thrown
d) Ultron blocks punch
e) Cap reacts to punch block.
f) Cap hit.
g) Cap flying backwards.
h) Cap grabs onto truck.

Shit, X-Men 2/Spider-Man 2 were awesome for that shit. Opening of X-Men 2 with Nightcrawler has a lot of cuts, but they bleed into each other perfectly.

Raptor

I deny him as da Gawd. He's one of the few willing to do what basically amounts to DBZ fights, but he doesn't concern himself with whether the fighting moves are congruent with the characters performing them. Best example of this is the final fight with Zod, who is bragging about how he was using his special kryptonian martial arts training while he leap frogged up the side of a building. He also is really bad at showing the impact of the hits his characters take as consequence. There's never any sustained injury except from wounds that are plot relevant. Zod doesn't get a single scratch on him until superman decides he has to break his neck, at which point he gets a permanent injury. Superman doesn't get a scratch on him despite the abuse he takes, except for the cut on his cheek and then the star through the spear. It means the consequences of the fight feel only plot dependent. We're always just waiting for the one hit that matters amongst a bunch that don't.

You deny him as a gawd, but he doesnt deny you as a misguided fan.

You will see the light some day, and when that day comes, Superman will join you too.

Veelk

Banned
Oh god, not the fighting style argument again... I thought we were past this, Veelk.

Different argument, if you're referencing the whole arkham asylum thing. It overlaps a little, but it's point is on a wider scope of character-fighting style connection and includes other stuff like impact consequence (or the lackthereof), while that argument was mostly about what a rip off that fight scene was from the games.

You deny him as a gawd, but he doesnt deny you as a misguided fan.

You will see the light some day, and when that day comes, Superman will join you too.

CeQrWvGW8AAQZRH.jpg

That's what I mean. He says that he's using the abilities he learned as a Kryptonian warrior, but how is any of that visually conveyed in his fighting? What Kryptonian sargeant taught him to leave frog on a wall? Where did he learn to spin around really fast holding a guy's cape? Was holding a steel construction bar an ancient kryptonian weapon? I doubt all that.

The sick neck chops dude!

Floex

Been posted yet?

Justice League was always going to be big. It is, after all, the crown jewel of the DCEU so far; the culmination of Zack Snyder’s unofficial trilogy following the introduction, death and resurrection of Superman that establishes three new heroes and brings back three more all while setting up a myriad of future DCEU movies.

IMDb has listed Justice League‘s runtime as 170 minutes or 2 hours 50 minutes. That’s a good 20 minutes longer than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice‘s theatrical cut which came in at a little more than two-and-a-half hours.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-runtime/

This is going to be a disaster :lol: :fp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom