• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Timberlake is "finalizing" his deal for the Super Bowl Half-Time show.

Per US magazine.
I guess this pretty much confirms Timberlake will have an album out around spring 2018. He's been seen working working with Pharrell, Timbaland, and Max Martin, and the Super Bowl is a pretty good place to perform your new hit single and announce when your new huge album is coming out.

Only question is whether or not he'll rope Janet in for a surprise appearance.

it's easy to forget that Can't Stop The Feeling track is a real human song and not just like background music for commercials or viral videos of a fat person dancing being played on Ellen or whatever

i just recently listened to bunch of his songs and was surprised how many fun pop songs he had. i'm fine with this.

get janet on there too.

Ivan 3414

I'd 100% guarantee Timberlake will try to get her for a surprise appearance.

Haha, absolutely not.

Justin got off scot-free for that incident while Janet's career was ruined. In the Twitter age it would be a supremely dumb move for him to re-conjure such images.

Nope. Delete this. Justice4Janet

tumblr_inline_nd10yck7fQ1r15nba.gif

hoserx

Not bad but when is Weird Al gonna do the SuperBowl?

That'd be the best superbowl halftime ever. I'd actually watch instead of doing something else during the show. He could do a few of his amazing polka-popsong-medleys. It'd be something for everyone. He's one of the true geniuses of our time.

Abylim

Do we really need a post like this every single time?

Only if you've been paying attention.

His shitty single last year was everywhere. Plus he's got some great songs from FutureSex and 20/20.

Jesus, I feel like I struck a chord here.

Next time when someone I haven’t heard about in years gets a thread I’ll keep my opinion to myself!

Wow. Surprised he would be back after the Janet incident. Thought he would be blacklisted for life.
He weaseled out of it and Janet got all the blame.

Next time when someone I haven’t heard about in years gets a thread I’ll keep my opinion to myself!
He had one of if not the biggest hit in 2016 so I would look in the mirror a little my man.

ZeoVGM

Banned

He had one of the biggest songs of 2016. Like, you would need to go out of your way to not hear "Can't Stop the Feeling."

Abylim

This would be great. He'll put on a damn show.

I refuse to believe anyone lives under this large of a rock.

Not everyone lives in America. I haven’t heard shit about him here in Aus, not for a few years. (I don’t exactly have my ear to the ground when it comes to most pop stuff though)

Seriously, lesson learned. Didn’t mean to upset anyone or derail. Good for him, he’s still incredibly relevant apparently.

Not everyone lives in America. I haven’t heard shit about him here in Aus, not for a few years. (I don’t exactly have my ear to the ground when it comes to most pop stuff though)

Seriously, lesson learned. Didn’t mean to upset anyone or derail. Good for him, he’s still incredibly relevant apparently.
Think about what you are saying. This is a thread about the Super Bowl. An American sporting event. Then you say hes not relevant in Australia? And honestly I don’t believe he isn’t popular in Australia.

Abylim

Think about what you are saying. This is a thread about the Super Bowl. An American sporting event. Then you say hes not relevant in Australia? And honestly I don’t believe he isn’t popular in Australia.

Oh, I wasn’t saying he wasn’t popular here, just I doubt he’s as popular here. I mentioned that not everyone is in America for context.

So, I’ve apologised for my ignorance, attempted to provide context, what else can I do now? I even said he’s still relevant today. I’m sorry that my post caused so much strife here. I was and still am genuinely shocked he’s still making music and stuff.

Oh, I wasn’t saying he wasn’t popular here, just I doubt he’s as popular here. I mentioned that not everyone is in America for context.

So, I’ve apologised for my ignorance, attempted to provide context, what else can I do now? I even said he’s still relevant today. I’m sorry that my post caused so much strife here. I was and still am genuinely shocked he’s still making music and stuff.

It's fine, just learn your lesson for next time :)

JCHandsom

Eh, there's no need to apologize. Person doesn't know who artist is, people who like artist tells person who he is and how big he is. Grass grows, rain falls, nature takes its course.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One time I hope they just say fuck it and sign a metal band or something for the half time show. Then again I suppose Metallica is main stream and "friendly" enough they could get away with them if they did some other aging rockers.

Top Bottom