• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience |OT|

overcast

I like having physical copies of stuff I really like. If I was rich I'd probably buy vinyls too because they look cool as fuck and I'm a fan of great artwork in general.
Exactly. I love going to the store and buying an album that I've been hyping up. I want the vinyl for this album so badly, thing is clean.

whitehawk

Banned
Really enjoying this album. Favourite songs in order:

Let the groove get in
pusher love girl
suit and tie
mirrors
strawberry bubblegum
that girl

The others i'm not too fond of. I'll listen to them more, they might grow on me. I hated SexyBack when I first heard it, but it's actually a great song.

Wow 800k. I thought he was going to flop like Nelly/Christina?

There was a zero percent chance of JT flopping.
tumblr_mjywoe4ZNH1r5ikolo7_250.gif

ReiGun

I'm really enjoying this. The songs have taken a while to grow on me (except Mirror, which I loved on first listen). I do wish some of the songs were a little shorter, though.

Milchjon

Dress On is pretty cool. I like the chorus especially, but the song as a whole doesn't really feel that great. Kind of a shame.

I love the beat, if you can call it that. Very atmospheric.

Also, reading the lyrics to Mirrors, I'm kind of impressed that he made them fit in there.

K.Sabot

This is the most surprising pop record I've heard in the last 5 or so years, it's surprisingly lush and intricate.

The production really soars to the point where Justin plays second fiddle at a lot of points. The songs are very smooth, slightly experimental, and very detailed. The length doesn't harm the songs as they go through many progressive phases and go in many directions.

Was sort of floored by this, as I didn't expect this to be much of anything until I heard Suit and Tie.

Needless to say though, my least favorite song was Mirrors. It seems to fit that pop structure the most, and JT's singing is sort of weak at the chorus.

Crazyorloco

Needless to say though, my least favorite song was Mirrors. It seems to fit that pop structure the most, and JT's singing is sort of weak at the chorus.

I loveee the song -actually my most listened to song., but I think the chorus is wayyyy too long and it doesn't sound as good as the other parts of the song

P.S. since tuesday, I've fallen in love with Strawberry Bubblegum and Dress On.

My current three top favs for this album:
Mirrors
Strawberry Bubblegum
Dress On

Agkel

20/20 is pure sex! I haven't felt like this listening to a record since Michael Jackson. No one will ever replace MJ but JT is definitely the current king. Let the Groove get in was a total miss on me though. I cant get into that song at all, the rest just pure sex in my ears.

tj hazuki

So in the music biz when they are saying 800k projections - is that US or global numbers?

It just keeps going up...
JUSTIN TIME: After poring over the latest retail reports, reading the tea leaves and consulting their astrological guides, HITS’ numbers crunchers have once again revised the estimated first-week total for Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience to…drum roll…850-900k. Whoa. Can you say blockbuster? (3/22a)

Trey

Perfect music because I don't have to scrutinize it. Just turn my brain off and let the emotions roll over me.

Only things I didn't like on the entire album was Jay-Z's verse and Let the Groove Get In.

They didn't have the deluxe, don't think it's available here. But:

The CD art has so much swag. Woop. Love the gold rim.

Target version looks exactly like that, so if you blindly grabbed the cd and popped it in, either you'd get 10 tracks or 12. It's just the cover art that's different I believe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mr. Carter ‏@S_C_
JT x 1 million? Getting my "Suit and Tie" ready for the celebration.

Target version looks exactly like that, so if you blindly grabbed the cd and popped it in, either you'd get 10 tracks or 12. It's just the cover art that's different I believe.
Thanks, I just ripped it and there's 12 tracks, so I think everything worked out fine at the end of the day!

I'm in Canada, but it looks like they ship here! I've been looking for this, when it wasn't on JT or Amazon's sites I figured it wasn't released on vinyl or something. Awesome, thank you!

Glad I could help. I love Insound, they have lots of stuff I never even thought existed on vinyl.

They also have Justified!

Top Bottom