• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwlnd

Banned
Can someone list some jpop artists that they like, there is so much, i have no idea where to start. No jrock plz.

EXID Hippity Hop teaser with swaggin' LE

tumblr_m8cbie2BY41qfllueo1_500.gif

Woollim getting in on the duo action with "Tasty"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can someone list some jpop artists that they like, there is so much, i have no idea where to start. No jrock plz.
Uhhh... so do you want the jpop that is more like kpop? They are very different, you know.

(._.)

Banned
I think all that stuff was filmed before all the drama though. I don't think we will be seeing new t-ara stuff for a little while. things need to blow over a bit. I think it's stupid how they are in like hiding. just come forward and say sorry or something.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
yeah pretty sure that was before the hwa stuff. long hair eunjung was a 1-2 day thing :(

Tenck

yeah pretty sure that was before the hwa stuff. long hair eunjung was a 1-2 day thing :(

Should be a damn crime. I was just loving her even more, and I thought that was impossible ;_;

She's still great though. So can't complain (too much).

And someone help me. Been listening to Swing for three days in a row. This is a very VERY nice change of pace, and I wouldn't mind listening to similar stuff (less cute and artificial and more serious).

giri

No, not necessarily, in fact I'd be most interested in stuff that is different. The idea was that if we share tastes in kpop we might share (some) tastes in music in general.

never listened to any of it :p thx, will check it out
just realise jpop Koreans releasing jpop and kpop are all really different.

Kuno

ifIZAR8gAEt7k.jpg

Left to right: CL, Wooram, Dara
okay, I don't know all their real names

Anyone else check out the D-Unit album last week? I didn't see much chatter about it. I thought "I'm Missin' You" "Crush" and "Turn The Lights On" were really good (even though "I'm Missin' You" sounds like a 2NE1 ripoff).

Wooram is cuter than her older sister too :D

I'm hearing that the SBS LA k-pop concert has been postponed again to a later date. This doesn't sound good to postpone it 4 days before it takes place. something seems up.

edit:

Tickets are being refunded:
https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteKpop

Sounds like its canceled.

Ouch @ the Wonder Girls' Japanese debut:
Wonder Girls debuted in Japan on July 26th with a showcase in the local area. In the first week, the girls charted at the #14 spot on the Oricon, and sold 7,460 copies of their album

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
yep.. god damnit.

We regret to inform you that the SBS K-Pop Super Concert in America has been postponed to a later date. More details will be announced ASAP.

From their twitter.

Wait. so postponed as in everyone gets a refund or keep your tickets, it'll be a month or two away? Fuck.

Dice

wtf man how do you not know yura by now?

yes, most luscious breasts in kpop

dokish

Banned
I'm hearing that the SBS LA k-pop concert has been postponed again to a later date. This doesn't sound good to postpone it 4 days before it takes place. something seems up.

edit:

Ouch @ the Wonder Girls' Japanese debut:
That's good or bad? (@WG)
yep.. god damnit.

From their twitter.

Wait. so postponed as in everyone gets a refund or keep your tickets, it'll be a month or two away? Fuck.

YES! So maybe I can finally watch live SNSD. Hope my visa doesn't take forever like it seems.

Ashhong

Which groups were announced? I think that can explain something.

No T-ara if that's what you're thinking. MBLAQ was scheduled and I'm reading they pulled out. Such bullshit. You can get a refund or keep your tickets. Should just get a refund though. What if the new concert doesn't have the same lineup, you'll be stuck watching lesser acts.

edit: wtf, I called the site to get my refund and they have a message that says "Due to the 4th of July holiday we are currently closed" lol. Anyway, if you bought online they will be done automatically within 7 business days.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yeah.. definitely getting a refund. Postponed to October apparently. Such bullshit though. 2NE1 is in 2 weeks.. might go to that but damn. So med.

oh i forgot about edgeward.. he had front row!!!

edit: @ash so it's auto-refund as in EVERYONE will get a refund no matter what?

Ashhong

Yeah.. definitely getting a refund. Postponed to October apparently. Such bullshit though. 2NE1 is in 2 weeks.. might go to that but damn. So med.

oh i forgot about edgeward.. he had front row!!!

edit: @ash so it's auto-refund as in EVERYONE will get a refund no matter what?

Told him I bought it online, and he said they would be auto-refunded. So maybe if you want to keep your tickets you have to call and tell them? Pretty lame that I haven't received an email informing me of the concert cancellation from AXS. They should send it out to everyone who bought tickets ASAP.

First week Japanese debut sales for comparison:

T-ara "Bo Peep" 49,712
SNSD "Genie" 44,907
MBLAQ "Your Luv" 40,281
KARA "Mister" 29,238
Beast "Shock" 28,532
Big Bang "Heaven" 26,039
IU “Good Day” 21,283

They are promoting Nobody right? lol......

edit:

yep.. god damnit.

From their twitter.

No T-ara if that's what you're thinking. MBLAQ was scheduled and I'm reading they pulled out. Such bullshit. You can get a refund or keep your tickets. Should just get a refund though. What if the new concert doesn't have the same lineup, you'll be stuck watching lesser acts.

edit: wtf, I called the site to get my refund and they have a message that says "Due to the 4th of July holiday we are currently closed" lol. Anyway, if you bought online they will be done automatically within 7 business days.

Told him I bought it online, and he said they would be auto-refunded. So maybe if you want to keep your tickets you have to call and tell them? Pretty lame that I haven't received an email informing me of the concert cancellation from AXS. They should send it out to everyone who bought tickets ASAP.

come fuckin on, this is the second time its been postponed. next time, people won't give a fuck anymore. sucks for the people coming from norcal or other states who already set that weekend. luckily I only live less than an hour from Carson so its not as bad, but still, I already had this week hyped for that shit gg

rumors of October now? might as well postpone that bullshit next year coz all these delays feel the same. I'll be going to the BigBang concert in November so if this is in October then the dates will be too close. ugh.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Just posted on their FB page:

Please hold on to your refunded tickets. We will make sure all those who have purchased tickets for the August 10, 2012 concert receive preferential ticketing options for the postponed concert.
Refund your tickets, but hold on to any emails/tickets that verify your ticket purchase for the August 10 concert to receive preferential ticketing options for the postponed concert. Thank you.

Good to hear but still pissed af :(

Edgeward

All the girl groups better be back in October. Such crap to postpone on the week of as well.

I was so happy to get to see them all up close too. =(((((((((

vanty

Perfume and Amuro Namie are my favourites. Morning Musume have some really good old songs (not so much with new songs...), stuff like Shabondama. Check out Kyary as well if you like Perfume, her songs are made by the same guy, Capsule as well but that's more experimental or dancey music not really jpop.

Dice

Ami Suzuki occasionally releases stuff, but she has a long history worth looking into. M-Flo if you like upbeat hiphop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom