• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Ybarra has been roasting Xbox and Xbox fanboys on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, sorry I didn’t see that thread. Mods can lock this one now :messenger_grinning_sweat:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Xbox just needs competent leadership and they could be trading blows with PlayStation. It's sad how far the brand has fallen.
The days of a turnaround, in that regard, are behind them. What they need to do now is, yes, of course fix their leadership, but not to try and go after PlayStation. That's a ship long sailed. They just need games that make people want to invest in their ecosystem. They'll never have the worldwide presence of Nintendo and PlayStation, but it would at least be better than it is now.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Xbox just needs competent leadership and they could be trading blows with PlayStation. It's sad how far the brand has fallen.
If only people knew the full extent of it

I mean it shows but still

Chris Harrison Disaster GIF

:messenger_hushed: He’s not pulling any punches lately….

:messenger_tears_of_joy: I think Hermen Hulst needs to give him a call j/k…but seriously, dude must feel so relieved after leaving Xbox and not having to parrot their bullshit lies and PR.

Yea none of this is "roasting Xbox". Correctly praising PS for making great games does not equal shitting on Xbox. Nice try at stirring shit up and twisting a man's words though. Oh and here is is 7 hours ago praising Hellblade 2

His point about under promising and over delivering I think is a pretty underrated one. Look, Xbox's problems are a lot more than this but it's always so weird to me how they hype so many things so far in advance and they come out as duds.

I always think back to their 2020 showcase. They announced / showed: Everwild, fable, state of decay 3, hellblade 2 and perfect dark (not technically their showcase but still announced in 2020).

That's 5 games, and as of this moment not a single one released. On top of that, only hellblade has a release date and even worse, it's not even a full AAA $70 game. Why the fuck did they show all these games so fast? I feel for their studios because why this is probably just a minor thing, it does put higher expectations on these games that are going to be tough to match; see starfield.

It still bothers me how MS bought Activision, which is basically a COD factory (meaning at most 1 game per year) and Bethesda that was already getting worse and worse even before the acquisition with their PS3/X360-gen engines. In the end they will keep releasing mid games and COD games. Bethesda will need a huge overhaul tbh.

That said...money isn't everything. Sony doesn't have a huge wallet and yet they are releasing game after game since Spider-Man 2 last year either from their internal studios or partnerships and MS is like they just...gave up since Starfield and Forza Motorstorm released.

I really think those back to back underperformances made Xbox reconsider most of their business...and i'm curious to see what their next conference will look like.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
God damn, I'm almost wishing for Xbox to finally end so each and every garbage Sony warriors would shut the fuck up and fuck off

It really feels like everyone is chilling, having fun, enjoying their video games but Sony fans are always speaking their big mouth, bragging all the time. Like there's nothing better to do? Already sick of Helldivers 2?

ReBurn

Gold Member
God damn, I'm almost wishing for Xbox to finally end so each and every garbage Sony warriors would shut the fuck up and fuck off

It really feels like everyone is chilling, having fun, enjoying their video games but Sony fans are always speaking their big mouth, bragging all the time. Like there's nothing better to do? Already sick of Helldivers 2?
It's best to hit ignore on console war threads. It's not worth getting upset over.

I mean...considering that Sony games are hits, maybe "Sony fans" are busy playing them?

I don't think the OP is a Sony fan. Sounds more like he left in bad terms tbh.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
The freedom you feel when you make the realization that you absolutely don't have to respond to everyone on the internet is beautiful.

Bernardougf

Gold Member

DuMSc8t.gif

some.

But it's like refusing to engage in one of the aspects of this forum: talking about sales, business model, speculation, and analysis.

If you look at YT, you will find a lot of it. 6-hour video game podcasts talking about the industry (not just from warriors but gaming enthusiasts as well).

So, don't be salty because 'Sony fans don't shut up,' be salty because Xbox gave them the reason to keep speaking their big mouths.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Preach GIF

Yea none of this is "roasting Xbox". Correctly praising PS for making great games does not equal shitting on Xbox. Nice try at stirring shit up and twisting a man's words though. Oh and here is is 7 hours ago praising Hellblade 2

Read the first tweet again. I'm not trying to "stir" anything up because frankly I don't give a shit since I mostly game on PC.

MS is trying to make it look like you can't have good graphics and gameplay and he says you can have both. That's a roast IMO.

Ozriel

M$FT
It still bothers me how MS bought Activision, which is basically a COD factory (meaning at most 1 game per year) and Bethesda that was already getting worse and worse even before the acquisition with their PS3/X360-gen engines. In the end they will keep releasing mid games and COD games. Bethesda will need a huge overhaul tbh.

ActivisionBlizzardKing is much more than a ‘COD factory’, though. And their revenues + profits are a significant part of why they were purchased.

I hope this teary reply wasn't for me. Go check my post history and you'll see I'm mostly a PC gamer so save the "Sony fans" tearful reply for someone else :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You're very sensitive, and I doubt you're having as much fun gaming as you claim otherwise this thread wouldn't have stirred you up like it's currently doing.

Read the first tweet again. I'm not trying to "stir" anything up because frankly I don't give a shit since I mostly game on PC.

MS is trying to make it look like you can't have good graphics and gameplay and he says you can have both. That's a roast IMO.
Ok not gunna lie, I totally did not notice that he was replying to the official Xbox account. Your point is indeed valid. I apologize.

pressure GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom