• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

You have to consider that they couldn't deliver their product in a timely fashion. This isn't just a bad PR guy blowing up for all the internet to see.

salromano

I also find it funny that Ocean Marketing's Twitter profile is more-so a personal account for Paul than it is an account for the company.

Paul
We are a Premier Social Media Company and SEO Company

Rather than a logo for the company, even the profile picture is one of Paul.

Cruel interwebs.

35l412.jpg

Whitta won't win a twitter beef war with this guy, he's from Boston's Little Italy where we think of gangsters in Boston we think Italians.

If the guys who made the controller are not the same guys as Ocean Marketing, then I think they have a good case to sue Ocean Marketing for ruining their reputation and doing the reverse of marketing their product.

scy

Read this:

Did you read the article? The guy made it to help this disabled kid, but then went on to sell it to a wider audience including 'pro gamers.'

Also the company that makes the controller is N-Control, this asshole is the CEO of Ocean Marketing. Different companies.

I'm aware. Like I said, it's always been marketed at the 'pro gamer' crowd; at least, I remember the first topic on this where it was unveiled with the spin of for the best experience with CoD Black Ops.

It started off designed for disabled gamers, and the demo videos at the time were there for it, but it's always had the 'pro gamer' marketing scheme as far as I know. I'm not condemning them for it, though. It's a "better" market for sales in the end :/

FHIZ

So, he's pulling the "I've got the Mayor of Boston in my pocket." card?

gam_menino_580.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure good ol' Mumbles "Varitek splitting the uprights" Menino is gonna save you.

If this wasn't for the fact that this is between x-mas and new years this guy could get away with it.
But man since everything is on vacation now this is BIGGGG story (not that is shouldn't be) but still this is getting way bigger than if it happened in 2 weeks.

Hex

Banned
The people twittering Ncontrol as if they do not know what is going on are ALMOST more amusing to me.
They are so sincere in their attempts to do good.

Apdiddy

I'm amazed by this. There have been times in which I would want to tell customers off on the phone and give them hell too, but someone who actually has done it is utterly shocking. I understand that people will complain about everything to customer service, but there are some things you just don't do. You don't lie to them like that and belittle them. The customer choose to spend money with your business for a reason and they have expectations for their product....if there is a delay or problem, explain it respectfully (pretty simple enough). After this fiasco, I don't foresee anyone purchasing products with N-Control because of Ocean Marketting.

The problem is: those customers affected have a legit complaint! Yet this guy acts like 'an internet tough guy' and doesn't realize how this makes him (or his company) be perceived.

the guy has to be one of the owner's idiot grandchildren that got an instant high level position or something...

Seriously, with so many people out of work right now (talented people, I might add), how does this jackass have this position?

HOW?

I have to squint and actively decipher what in the fuck he's trying to say with that written diarrhea. It’s like it’s written by some 13 year old dickhead on Xbox Live. Absolutely amazing.

linsivvi

I'm amazed by this. There have been times in which I would want to tell customers off on the phone and give them hell too, but someone who actually has done it is utterly shocking. I understand that people will complain about everything to customer service, but there are some things you just don't do. You don't lie to them like that and belittle them. The customer choose to spend money with your business for a reason and they have expectations for their product....if there is a delay or problem, explain it respectfully (pretty simple enough). After this fiasco, I don't foresee anyone purchasing products with N-Control.

The problem is: those customers affected have a legit complaint! Yet this guy acts like 'an internet tough guy' and doesn't realize how this makes him (or his company) be perceived.

The guy who complained was more than polite in this case. There's absolutely zero reason for that guy to react this way.

Koomaster

In what school do they teach people to put spaces between the end of sentences and punctuation? I demand to know .

It doesn't make any sense . SO FRUSTRATING !
Oddly this is apparently a 'thing'. I know several people that do this. They aren't from Boston though, they are all Canadian. *shrug*

I get upset by people's grammar myself. You don't have to be 100% perfect; but if your correspondence is filled with a lot of simple mistakes and errors, it gets to be a pain to read. Especially working in an office or for a business you should at least take the time to proofread what you're writing before it gets sent out. Have some pride.

I know it's the holidays but the Avenger people need to get in front of this NOW, fire this company and disown his antics completely. The Amazon-bombing alone is going to hurt their sales badly.

No such thing as bad publicity? Tell that to BP. The only people who say that are people who have no understanding of marketing. Presumably the same people who can't even spell it.

The problem here is that I don't think we know whether it's his product or if he just works for a separate company that markets it.

A PR company wouldn't be doing your customer service, nor would they be in the know about shipping and manufacturing from China. The Avenger has to be Ocean Marketing's own product.

A PR company wouldn't be doing your customer service, nor would they be in the know about shipping and manufacturing from China. The Avenger has to be Ocean Marketing's own product.
Nah I really think they're handling N-Control's customer service in addition to their PR.

So Kevin Kelly formerly of G4 and Scott Lowe of IGN have both blacklisted the guy? Awesome.

Kevin is blatantly ignoring his tweets while Scott Lowe has openly blasted the guy. LOL!!!!!

ElRenoRaven

I know it's the holidays but the Avenger people need to get in front of this NOW, fire this company and disown his antics completely. The Amazon-bombing alone is going to hurt their sales badly.

No such thing as bad publicity? Tell that to BP. The only people who say that are people who have no understanding of marketing. Presumably the same people who can't even spell it.

Exactly. I always laugh when people say bad publicity is better then no publicity. That's such bullshit. This case is a prime example that will prove it.

What the fuck is the actual product?
It's like a headcrab for your controller.

Avenger-Controller.jpg

Haha wow

C. K. Ahlstrom says:
gaming pro/david

There's a review on your account saying that you bought one of these things(and loved it). Now your posting with an email account from avengercontroller.com and offering support for it? You also posted the same negative review for three of your competitors products. I wonder if amazon will want to know you post reviews for your own product while posing as a customer.

scy

What the fuck is the actual product?

The "easiest" way to describe it is that it places those "levers" that can be hit instead of the triggers. Lets you utilize everything with minimal finger movement (or without wrapping your hand around the controller).

As far as how it lets you perform better, I'll leave that to your imagination.

Read this:

Did you read the article? The guy made it to help this disabled kid, but then went on to sell it to a wider audience including 'pro gamers.'

Also the company that makes the controller is N-Control, this asshole is the CEO of Ocean Marketing. Different companies. N-Control needs to drop his ass though.

I didn't see that post. I remember this thing being shown a while back and various other postings about the actual controller including the youtube video of this douchebag that doesn't mention anything of the sort.

That does suck for the company. Too bad it's their PR running a smear campaign against themselves because with the actual product it seems it's nothing but good intentions.

But I can only feel bad for them to a point. Nothing has been said from the company and the story is trending everywhere, I'm sure somebody has mentioned something to the actual inventor/creator and people who run the company outside of this terrible Ocean Markettingg.

Granted it's the holiday season so who knows? But you hire a shill and a douchebag to be your PR I can only keep you separated from that pile of shit for so long.

Oh_snap.gif

Nah I really think they're handling N-Control's customer service in addition to their PR.

That just seems weird to me. I didn't think it was usually done that way. Is there any chance that N-Control is just a child company of Ocean Marketing?

One reason I say that is because if you look at the amazon reviews and look at the dates, people have been complaining about piss poor customer service for months now. I would imagine any company seeing that, would get rid of the company doing their customer service. You know unless it is your own company doing it, then you need to fix that shit.

Top Bottom