• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Running Man stopped being good when they forgot simple things like Perfect Love for Haha, or The House You Live In for Suk Jin. Show hasn't had the same personality for a while now. Even with kickass guests like Hani. Too many male guests too. It's a bland sausage fest now. They lost their way. Only good male guest in RM was the amazing Choi Min Su.

In any case Ji Suk Jin is secretly the best thing about RM. What a boss. I love him.

flyover

My wife and I are just going through Running Man now, in rough chronological order -- occasionally skipping forward and back. We just finished the Virus episode (#140 from April 2013), and the show has been great to this point.

I don't know how most fans feel, but so much from the Park Ji Sung episodes (#96/97) to where we are now has been gold: Psychic Soccer and Baseball, Reincarnation, Actors vs. Singers (with the double spies and probably my favorite ending sequence ever, where
Kwang Soo, who -- along with Jae Suk -- had no clue what's going on most of the episode, suddenly becomes a genius and singlehandedly wins the whole thing for his team.
), Golden Daggers Asian Tour (all three episodes were fantastic), and Theater Club vs. Athletic Club. Not every episode can be a classic, but the hit/miss ratio is so high.

I also think they really hit their guest casting stride in this era. My favorite guest combos have usually been when they get one man and one woman (e.g., Park Ji Sung & IU, Go Soo & Han Hyo Joo, and Lee Dong Wook & Han Hye Jin).

The show has just been reliably entertaining. Shame it sounds like it may take a dip in quality at some point.

The show has just been reliably entertaining. Shame it sounds like it may take a dip in quality at some point.

You're right about that, but it's also a super subjective show in terms of enjoyment. Some episodes have a great mix of budget, setting, guests, and games, others lack certain parts of those (or all in a few cases) and can make or break it. Also the show has been on for 5 years straight so its no surprise some people are a bit jaded/burnt out on it.

Definitely have more great episodes ahead of you, but like you realized, not all of them can be golden all over. The episodes where they are trying a bit to hard to be entertaining or the staff is doing some obvious edits are the lame ones for me.

feist_

Banned
Someone post BoA at her fan sign (red dress) or IU press event.

CLC teaser seems okay-ish. I need The Ark to put out a good song so I can get behind them.

OMG Seunghee trying to join the list of most promising nugu singers alongside 15& Yerin, Mamamoo Wheein and Solar, and a few others:

Oh My Girl - Interview @ The Show Artist of The Week - 더 쇼 인터뷰 오마이걸(OH MY GIRL) (투도우) (Seunghee @ 5:57)

SOTY Candidate* - 150523 드림콘서트 Dream Concert Oh My Girl - Cupid

Hyosung - 150524 Jun Hyo Seong (전효성) - Into you (반해) CUT @ Comedy Big League

I liked Han Hyo Joo until her brother bullied a soldier into suicide and she paid for burying the news.
things you'd rather not know

Sometimes...
http://cfile27.uf.tistory.com/original/2147E73D553794B4223F65
2467D83D553794B30D78FF
2453013D553794B21AADB1

arena_0502.jpg
arena_0697.jpg

arena_0075.jpg
arena_0639.jpg
Sometimes...

I don't get it, the source is like one single tweet from someone. I get that you don't like "Blackjacks" (Let's be real, most of the international fans calling themselves that aren't even members of the fan club) but this is reaching.

It goes to show that the international side of the Blackjacks are some the most entitled dumbasses in kpop. Then again, this is a bunch of Koreaboo fangirls trying to fight back against what they believe is the 'disgusting' American music industry, and continue to make the kpop world a super secret club for cool people only.

ramyeon

Not knocking really, though never understood aligning with specific fandoms to the point of calling yourself a _______.
There is no point for most international fans really, in Korea they're actual fan clubs that you sign up with and usually have to pay a registration fee to join - membership is only open for certain periods as well. You get perks like merch, fan meets, easier access to live performances etc.

Peru

Speaking of BoA... Crime Scene? Ok.... first variety appearance since Running Man 3+ years ago and that was the first ever.

CF6XogSUsAAenqR.jpg

luso

Soshi comeback incoming.

Is there a date set yet?

Or her solo debut. ;D

ibxFrXfGVFZUv7.gif

I think they'll wait til later in the summer or even September... I wantem all to be 100% for the comeback...

Blonde hair colour as in Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake? But I'm sure style is different.

No way it will be on September, I will bet on late June. Then 8th anniversary will happen and there's the possibilty of a Korean concert. I think (rumours) by September the new SM group will debut, and f(x)'s will be also just before or after it. Tae solo may be on late Autumn (but I'm convinced it has been delayed/scheduled already one or more times).
BTW I'm kind of baffled that her didn't had her solo before. I mean, already 8th anniversary incoming and other newer groups have already members with solos while most popular member of most popular group doesn't. I know there is TTS but I'm sure concepts would never clash, as scheduling given their comebacks are less than 1 per year. Of course, we don't know if Taeyeon's had or not a say on this... I hope so regardless.

Peru

In a way she has had a solo debut, the various OST ballads she did were very popular back in the day, like, those were the reference points when she visited shows more than SNSd songs, and she performed them quite a lot.

luso

That's true, back in... 2008. But wasn't a solo promotion as we know now.
Since then she appeared (on music shows) only 2-3 times for the other OST performances...

vanty

A couple Fei shots

Jerj2tD.jpg
OzJSdA9.jpg

Cupid is weak as fuck compared to Mamma Mia, I was expecting at least something equal. Youngji looks nice though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks, I saw a LQ version of that earlier and knew it was the one for my next avatar but needed a better source.

llehuty

Yeah, Cupid is not at Mamma Mia level, but then again, what is? Mamma Mia was so daaaaamn good. I kind of wish they pushed a bit the experimental sounds used during the intro, outro and middle section (when they spell Cupid); the chorus, while catchy, feels too safe.

I still enjoy the song, but it's probably not going to be one of their highlight singles, just like Damaged Lady. I appreciate that they are trying to diversify their sound a bit, though.

llehuty

Top Bottom