• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

When I group has more than 4 members, there is never a clear # 1. Law of numbers. Prove me wrong.

Yeah you may be right.

While I do think Hani is the best out of EXID as an entire package, I don't necessarily agree with it since they also do have Junghwa and LE. Junghwa is ridiculously gorgeous and LE can easily murder anyone on UPRS, plus she's got one of the top 3 best legs in all of K-Pop.

I think we're better off finding somebody who's a constant bias wrecker. Someone that isn't necessarily at the top but consistently has moments where they completely outshine everyone and they make you question your allegiances easily.

The J-trinity for example are constant bias wreckers.

Maybe you guys didn't notice the "more than 4 members" part.

Uhhhh...

exid-2.jpg

llehuty

Nobody even mentioning Solji when talking about EXID faves

%EC%A0%9C%EB%AA%A9-%EC%97%86%EC%9D%8C6.gif

She is da best.

디홀릭 D.holic color me rad
Yesssssssssssssssssss, they got a MV! It's super cheap, but at least they are trying.

Rena playing Pokemon Go
She or the editros are really weak at identifying 1st gen pokemons.

*ahem* woohee

I would like to agree in this, but I just can't after Subin's solo releases this year. They are both tied in my rankings at this point.

Not disappointing because I kept my expectations in check. I survived One of These Nights (how the hell did that make the essential list over Happiness?) and I'll survive this. Even rising groups are allowed duds every once in a while.
SK has been especially lenient with Twice.

In the "bless whoever voted this, because I didn't expect this getting votes"

I voted for several of those (I think lol (any chance you can show me what I voted for NNE?)). Not surprised people have already forgotten all about Minx and Purfles. So many strong debuts stacked on top of all the groups that were already around. Happy Face's follow up to Why Did You Come To My House has been particularly pathetic though.

LOL at not a single A Pink song making the list. I feel it's appropriate as they have some solid songs, but no greats. Most seriously pleased that Cheer Up didn't make it. Not hating on the song itself, just jealous at the massive success they are having with such a below average song. More Like Ooh-Ahh or Like a Fool in the future please.

Most saddened by
1) No Spica songs made it. Gonna be honest, I can't remember if I remembered to vote for any of their songs, but I think I did.

2) Not a single vote for Clazziquai. We have all failed here.

3) Flashback didn't make it.

4) I forgot B1A4 - Tried to Walk

5) I fucking forgot Talk That. I think I'm the only one on GAF that loves the song and I forgot to represent it at such an important time. Secrets best song by far, and worthy of being listed along kpops greatest, like Closer, Genie, Abracadabra, Nu Abo, etc. Shame on me.

·feist·;212202375 said:
Hwayoung playing Jisoo in the Lovelyz biopic?

That role has already been cast:
T9W9OmD.jpeg

·feist·;212202375 said:
Not like Pledis have another group who can still perform it...

I support these girls, but I'm fairly certain I can support After School at the same time. The company should at least make it final if they'll eventually be shelving either the current lineup, or AS as a whole.

Similar comments aside, your post is made funnier because I've been promoting Eunwoo, Minkyung and 1-2 of the other members of Pledis Girlz.

Unless I've missed something I don't think anyone is making us choose between AS and PG. The best scenario is PG becoming successful enough to fund an AS comeback, which in turn becomes as popular as those ahjussi boy group comebacks of the last two years.

I would have expected Crazy over Hate

Really surprised by this too.

Never even considered any Hello Venus song but I remember Wiggle Wiggle being stuck in my head for a bit.

Glue > Wild

A group could have 2 members and we would still have discussions in this thread of which one is the best member.

Let me try trying to find one clear GOAT member in a group that maybe this community would agree with...

Secret's Hyosung?
T-ara's Jiyeon?

2NE1 = CL
Secret = Hyosung
EXID = Hani

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones that came up instantly in my mind.

5RcDNF0.gif

Selane

I clicked that link, saw someone sitting in a chair with the fog machine cranked up, and closed the window asap before I could get boring ballad'd to death.

JKTrix

I clicked that link, saw someone sitting in a chair with the fog machine cranked up, and closed the window asap before I could get boring ballad'd to death.

The Boring Ballad is a Whitney Houston song. And if you don't know Bestie/Uji, you should fix that!

AReed

Having given it some thought, I reckon it's one of three things:

1. The photographer not being discreet about taking photos of Taeyeon's chest.

2. Taeyeon not being discreet about wearing a necklace given to her by Baekhyun. #OreoGate2016

3. Manager hyung not being discreet about wearing that Wu-Tang T-shirt again.

It was the first.

Boring Ballad'd?

Bruh... you should probably cut your ears off for disrespecting the great Whitney Houston.

It's like saying Prince or Michael Jackson are shit for singing ballads.

llehuty

Rainbow's Makestar has reached its funding goal.

Alas, I didn't get one of the 100 signed copies. I was too busy watching Giant Bomb quick looks when the project went live. :p
Oh, that's too bad. Still, I wasn't qualified for the signatures in the 9muses photobook, but I still got it signed somehow. There is still hope. Did you get it signed at the end? I don't think I remember reading your thought on the 9muses one.

No No Eul

160731 Twice FULL SET Intro + Cheer Up + I'm Gonna Be A Star + Like Ooh-Ahh KCON 2016 LA Day 2

The crowd loving it. In my (definitely 100% unbiased) opinion, Momo gets the loudest cheers.

Oh, that's too bad. Still, I wasn't qualified for the signatures in the 9muses photobook, but I still got it signed somehow. There is still hope. Did you get it signed at the end? I don't think I remember reading your thought on the 9muses one.

Nah, mine wasn't signed, and it took quite a while to arrive, like several weeks after yours. Must have been at the bottom of the pile. :p

It was totally worth the wait though because the photobook is glorious. Really nicely put together and so many gorgeous pictures.

IOI Unit - Whatta Man teaser

Wasn't aware they would be sampling such a known song. Obviously sounds much better than Dream Girls, and they look great. Tentatively hyped.

Uji - Mr. Chu

lmao, judo guys more hype than army guys

I'm loving this much more than the ballad. Mr. Chu has never sounded better. I'd love to her perform it without the pesky distractions.

I thought Yuji's performance was okay, it wasn't amazing.

I can't help but compare Yuji's performance to So Hyang's, and Yuji's is just so plain compared to So Hyang's.
So Hyang - I Have Nothing

Love me some So Hyang.

tumblr_liv099I2xr1qfwc85o1_400.gif

mr_chun

I thought Yuji's performance was okay, it wasn't amazing.

I can't help but compare Yuji's performance to So Hyang's, and Yuji's is just so plain compared to So Hyang's.

Crazy thing is that that's not even one of So Hyang's cleanest performances, at least not the first half. She's done some really incredible stuff, no one quite like her.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*delayed reaction*
I've never even been that much of a fan of YooA to be honest, but I agree that JinE seems to keep getting prettier every comeback. My top 3 is probably Binnie, Arin, JinE at this point. Gotta give Arin #2 cause she's hotter, but she and JinE are equally cute.
I'd say for me it's like Hyojung > Yooa = JinE > Jiho > Rest. I've seen like zero variety stuff for them tho.

디홀릭 D.holic color me rad
Yesssssssssssssssssss, they got a MV! It's super cheap, but at least they are trying.
Good shit. Sound reminds me of Co-Ed School and After School's album Dress to Kill. I can support this as I do Wa$$up's good stuff.

I do think Uji's was boring, but So Hyang's went the opposite direction making it cheesy as fuck. It is a song where a person is torn between desperation and dignity, turning a deeply needed and desired hope into a challenge. Baek Yerin had better emotional resonance with it even when she was a little kid and would probably completely bring down the house these days, and I bet Kang Minkyung could as well. Song Jieun did pretty well years ago. You can't halfass that kind of thing or just make into a matter of showmanship, you have to connect with it. This stuff from Uji is similar to the way Seunghee failed to properly do A Goose's Dream.

zomg officer qt3.14

lol why does she remind me of bomi here, too cute

fany being cute, too

The most nothing song of the summer. Fortunately Kyungri makes anything worthwhile, and I've never been too into Hyemi but she looks rather pretty here. Her voice is okay for the song but Hyuna would have been even better for her parts.

Concept is ehhhh... I mean I know, kpop's gonna kpop, but I've got friends their age with 5 year old kids. Nine Muses has always gone for more womanly concepts anyway so it's a weird vibe for them to take on a different sort of persona even as a subunit. Ah well, it's not as bad as A Pink's recent schoolgirl concept in Japan. I hope GFriend continues appropriately evolving as their years progress.

Edit: Speaking of GFriend I've been busy with moving preparations and missed this but watching now and I'm happy for them.

*delayed reaction*
I'd say for me it's like Hyojung > Yooa = JinE > Jiho > Rest. I've seen like zero variety stuff for them tho.

Saw the preview for their latest appearance on Weekly Idol and they all look so good now. I bet your list will change after watching it.

Mimi and Jiho (team bad bitch) are the best though.

Dice

Saw the preview for their latest appearance on Weekly Idol and they all look so good now. I bet your list will change after watching it.

Mimi and Jiho (team bad bitch) are the best though.
I do like bad bitches, but more the cold type than the rowdy or snooty types.

Pendulum

Variety is reporting it but according to the article it might be unconfirmed, but here it is anyway:

China Confirms Ban on Korean Content, Talent (Report)

Welp, RIP Victoria and Tzuyu.

Still on holiday so I'm out of the loop on most recent news, but had to chime in on this.

Whilst full details are still to be revealed, I don't see this affecting people like Victoria (she is managed independently from SM in China, has her separate projects in China from the rest of f (x)) or Tzuyu (she's Taiwanese). This is going to be more of an issue for people/groups like WJSN (a joint venture between Chinese and Korean companies), possibly Chinese members of groups not currently managed by a Chinese company if heavy restrictions are on the SK management companies (e.g. NCT Chinese subunit), T-ara (who have moved most of their attention to China), Koreans with endorsements in China (without looking it up, propably includes people like Yoona and Jessica) and all those tv shows/movies that use Korean actors or have rights to formats (e.g. Running Man).

It all seems to be centered around Korean talent and co-productions on Chinese television - seen nothing that suggests restrictions are in place for Chinese talent in Korea.

Dice

I wonder if Jessica would be affected or not since she's running her business through Chinese business partners. I guess it depends on if this is primarily a move of cultural isolationism or financial isolationism.

Pendulum

I wonder if Jessica would be affected or not since she's running her business through Chinese business partners. I guess it depends on if this is primarily a move of cultural isolationism or financial isolationism.

Her retail stuff would probably be unaffected, but if she's the face of a product (her own or another company's) on Chinese television, that's a different matter judging from what's been reported. But as I said, we still need full details.

We do know that Yoo In Na has just left China today, even with a few episodes of a drama to film. Assumption is she is being replaced with a Chinese actress.

Top Bottom