• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

Mina is still best AOA, I'm talking of general popularity. The Kyungri and Sera comment was in the same direction (Sungah still the best).

Receipts? Nah, it's all love.

You guys have been here long enough to know that none of us ever really snipe at each other outside of lightweight trolling.

Haseultheworld's latest video just reminded me we've only seen 5 Loona members, with silhouettes of another 2-3 future members... from a total of 12.

We've yet to reach the halfway point. Yikes.

이달의소녀탐구 #110 (LOOΠΔ TV #110)

이달의소녀탐정6 #?? (LOOΠΔ TV Prequel6 #??)

Cuddler

QM released two new tracks that will be part of his new EP titled "2 cool 4 trap":
QM- S.O.S (Sound Of Street) M/V
QM - 서울키드(Seoul Kid) M/V

Both songs are nice, if only I could understand the lyrics they would probably be even better but unfortunately Google translate wasn't of great help. Anyway, the full album will be out on the 24th of May. For the people that don't know who QM is, he's a rapper that also seems interested in talking about society problems in his songs, which is nice. One of his last year songs (Nazca) was in the list of my favorite songs of 2016. And he also collaborated with Kittib in a song titled "Voice Memo":
Brand New Music end year concert 2016 - Kittib feat. QM (Chaos, Voice Memo) - start at 01:31:15
If anyone is interested in other artists the link is to the entire concert.

I also found other interesting songs lately:
어언 - BORN TO BE BLUE
I really like this song, really chill vibe and both the music and the voice feel really well together. Looking at his past release it looks like Urm is actually a rapper.
아미마 - Wave
Another nice song even if I'm not too sure about the last 15 seconds.
KANG SEUNG YOON (강승윤) - '너(YOU)' HIGHLIGHT TEASER
I was forced to listen to this song on Spotify and it is really nice. I think it was already posted by Agent Chris but it's worth a repost.

On the variety side, not sure how many Lovelyz fans there are here but
Shindong
and Yein were the MC for a show called "GoDaku Expansion", there are 12 episodes, all with different arguments. As you can imagine by the title, the arguments are related to anime, cartoons, comics, movies, etc (Dragon Ball characters power levels, lol). The MCs did a pretty great work and they interact well with eachother (sometimes hilariously).
Shindong put on his lighthearted dress, pink sweater, always smiley, light make up
and Yein did also really well by also being cute and funny but without being too much.
Godaku episode 1 playlist(1-12)[ENG SUB] vlive
The show probably contains some spoiler about the arguments they talked about (obviously).
You'd think with the liberals being _guaranteed_ a victory I'd be happier about the prospects of this election than the last - but what do you know, the leading candidate is happy to parade raging homophobia around to appease the christian groups. What a rotten fucksack.
Really a sad situation, I'm sure you already know about this, but I was speechless after reading what happened to some guys in the army:
”You Didn't Even Have Oral Sex?": S Korean Military's Gay Witch-hunt in Depth - koreaexpose.com

·feist·;235862389 said:
Haseultheworld's latest video just reminded me we've only seen 5 Loona members, with silhouettes of another 2-3 future members... from a total of 12.

We've yet to reach the halfway point. Yikes.

I got bored of this gimmick a while ago. It's been months since I watched a video or heard a song of theirs. Still looking forward to their eventual actual debut, just can't be assed with all this predebut bullshit.

·feist·;235850407 said:
You now attend the Church of Perfect Mina, though. So it's understandable.

Mina has even perfected the blandest and lamest face imaginable:

WkNLs8M.gif

llehuty

A couple of "Uh oh" news:

Soyeon and Boram have decided not to participate in T-ara's last comeback
What a crappy send off to the group. :(

FNC released a statement saying that Choa has been on break since their March concert. She requested it herself
On the plus side, she is allowed to get a rest when she want... on the other hand... ermm... doesn't look too good for AOA as a group.

A couple of good news:

KARD is performing a new song in their North American Tour
170503 K.A.R.D 카드 - I Can't Stop 난 멈추지 않는다 @ Wild K.A.R.D 2017 in Vancouver
I guess this will be part of their official debut. It sounds like a very straightforward EDM-Pop song, but it songs good.

Psy's final tracklist said:
Tablo feature!!

A "what a lazy piece of shit teaser pic":

Pendulum

Edit: despite it being posted an hour ago, I swear llehuty's post wasnt there when I last looked. More alcohol needed. RIP 6-ara. Long live the holy trinity + 1

Uhyve

For anyone watching, the 2nd episode of Crime Scene now has an english sub on OnDemandKorea... The guest for the 3rd episode is gonna be fun.

Edit: Ah, T-Ara makes me sad.

Sigh MBK. If it's Soyeon and Boram's own choice then I respect that, but somehow I feel there's more to it. They don't even need a banger to go out on, even if the 666 concept is so perfect in theory. Like Jewelry's final stage with Seo Inyoung and Park Jungah, the song is alright but it has the perfect emotion and feeling of closure. I think MBK would just love to have them disband quietly like the other groups they ended (Speed, Gangkiz, The Seeya), but T-ara is too big to pull that one off. It doesn't make sense, but that seems to be the norm for MBK so whatever.

Boss Mog

So yeah was gone for like 4 months, it's been a pretty decent year so far. I'm still salty about I.O.I though. Such a waste to dump them all in nugu groups. Pristin might have potential though. Definitely my fav out of all of them, Nugudan being the worst for me. Hopefully Dodaeng's group won't be total shit.

Don't get me wrong I like Twice and all (no Sana no life) but I can't help but think how overrated they are. Jihyo is really the only good vocalist they got and I would put her below Sejeong and Yeonjung. They don't have any English speakers, almost half of them aren't Korean, and their songs are mostly just okay. I just don't get their overwhelming popularity and the fact that they've pretty much taken the title of Nation's Girl Group away from SNSD. Actually TT is probably about to pass IGAB in YouTube views as I'm typing this. IGAB was a legendary song/video, that beat all the top western artists for Music Video of the Year at the 2013 YouTube Music Awards. TT is just an okay song by comparison. I just think I.O.I was better than Twice in every way, better singing, better visuals, better dancing... Sorry for ranting I had some alcohol, and things tend to come out when I drink.

Anyways about the whole Choa taking a break thing, even if Seolhyun is the most popular member, Choa is the face of AOA, there's no AOA without her. If you took away Chanmi people probably wouldn't even notice and go "who?" but not Choa. Glad to see you guys like Mina, I thought I was the only one. Her and Choa are so far above the rest in my book.

Loci

Boss★Moogle;236009161 said:
I just think I.O.I was better than Twice in every way, better singing, better visuals, better dancing...

this is the truth.

the best members of each company forming IOI > whatever JYP used to fill up empty slots around tzuyu and japan line

llehuty

Well, duh!. Supergroup made from a pool of 101 trainees is better than a group with members of a single company. What did you expect?

And Twice songs are fantastic, and that's mainly why they are the top group.

I have a feeling the Broduce group isn't gonna be as strong as I.O.I ... To me there are no clear front runners (by which I mean the ones that end up on top don't have the Somi or Sejeong appeal) and the way everything is edited into a sob story with very selective trainees getting the spotlight, it's kinda messy. It's like everyone is Sohye. I watched the 4 subbed episodes and took a peek at who got eliminated already, I don't even know. There are some that I like, some of which got the boot but whatever. If they show reaches the point of introducing original songs maybe it'll get more interesting IF they can reach the quality of last season.

Wabi

Neo Member
And Twice songs are fantastic, and that's mainly why they are the top group.

Twice songs on the whole are average at best imo.

I always thought they were so popular because the show they were formed from had such a big following.
So, they're debuting with an already huge fanbase, which most other groups don't have starting out. Pretty much an unfair advantage if you ask me.

*see debate about Twice having shitty music*

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

Where the hell where you guys when I started this crusade during TT's release?

llehuty

Twice's success bringing all the salt to the yard. Anywaaaaay:

Alice Vicious - Plastic World (Audio)
Another jam from Livii.

I have a feeling the Broduce group isn't gonna be as strong as I.O.I ... To me there are no clear front runners (by which I mean the ones that end up on top don't have the Somi or Sejeong appeal) and the way everything is edited into a sob story with very selective trainees getting the spotlight, it's kinda messy. It's like everyone is Sohye. I watched the 4 subbed episodes and took a peek at who got eliminated already, I don't even know. There are some that I like, some of which got the boot but whatever. If they show reaches the point of introducing original songs maybe it'll get more interesting IF they can reach the quality of last season.

Yeah, I really don't know what to think about Broduce 101. The show is still entertaining, but ugh, it gets on my nerves seeing people completely outperforming another, and the audience fangirls voting the other way around.
The boy in Luv result had me boiling.
UGHHHH. And I know it's going to get way worse once the online vote shifts to only voting for 1 person.

And yeah, they are focusing too much on finding Sohyes this season, if more than one ends up in the final group is going to be a mess.

*see debate about Twice having shitty music*

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

Where the hell where you guys when I started this crusade during TT's release?

I was the original Twice hater. I adore the members (except Jihyo), but I just think their songs suck. TT is their best song though and its OK.

Boss Mog

I never said their songs were shitty, just okay. I kind of have high hopes for Signal actually since JYP is doing it himself. He did "Like OOH AHH" iirc no? cause that is still my favorite Twice song. Also Jihyo > Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon.

Only 4 days left til Music Bank, looks like it still needs work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuHPfHetMNs
Yewon-noona's progress is pretty fucking amazing. She looks good too, don't know why she dresses like shit 90% of the time. The girl is stunning:

Top Bottom