• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

Wanna One (워너원) - 에너제틱 (Energetic) MV
The right track won. This has high chances of put the debut with the highest views to sleep, so that we don't have to bring it up again.

The Glen Check Experience EP (Teaser)

HYPE!

Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) '날아올라(Fly high)' 응원법 Ver.
Learn those Dreamcatcher fanchants in preparation for their world tour.

@AgentChris - double title tracks from Taeyang, so I assume it's at least a mini album.
Hmmm, YG is doing quitea lot double title tracks with their artists, and nothig else: Blackpink, Winner, Ikon....
Actually, has any of their artists aside from PSY released something more substantial than an EP this year?

Edit: 8 of the top 10 tracks in melon comes from "mnet acts":

8yOMW9R.png

Survival shows are here to stay.

Bowlie

Banned
Yeah I hope people aren't sleeping on this... though judging by how you can't even get the album on Apple Music, most probably don't even know this exists.

The entire album from start to finish is fantastic and 42 is probably the most pop/radio friendly song out of it but it's so damn good... I think I might've found a song that'll dethrone Bolbbalgan4 and Mad Clowns collab from early this year.

It was such a great surprise, I love finding new artists like this. And I know you and me love Lost Without You, haha I can't say which one is better, both songs are so pleasant to listen to.

Thanks for the heads up. It's on Spotify!!!
Eyedii doing a summery EP is not something I knew I wanted, but this is good and very chill.

I should have looked at streaming services, thank you as well!

havokex

Just watched the Fantastic Duo episode with Rose, something about her voice really bothers me while she sings. It almost sounds unstable, especially when you compare it to other competitors she was against.

/Readytobeflamed

Oh wow at the amount of lines/screentime the one that got 12th got in the Wanna One song. Yeunjung was robbed.
There's one guy I really don't remember at all from the show. One of the rappers that isn't Daniel or Guanlin.

He is the guy with the eye patch, from Brand New Music. Woojin or something like that.

Yea, I remember him from the Never performance now.
In fact I was looking for the 'new version' of Never, but apparently it's exclusive to the physical album or something?? It doesn't seem to have been uploaded yet. 'Energetic' is a pretty good title track though.

Hokuten

Neo Member

Yes! I've been waiting for something new from them.

Dreamcatcher is so adorbs, This song has grown on me a lot since the first listen. Hope they have a successful tour and maybe I'll get lucky and they'll perform close to me.

Oh wow at the amount of lines/screentime the one that got 12th got in the Wanna One song. Yeunjung was robbed.
There's one guy I really don't remember at all from the show. One of the rappers that isn't Daniel or Guanlin.

Guanlin and maybe Bae Jinyoung are the weak links here.

Guanlin's spot should've gone to Samuel.

The new JJ Project album is great. It has a very grown up sound.

Yeah, I'm pleased that the promotion track isn't a romance song. Today, Tomorrow is great.

Jay Park + Dok2 team stage was lit.
Shame about Double K.
I agree with the way the songs are charting, Team Dynamic Duo and Codeine (zico & dean) were the best. DoPark teams stage was cool to watch but now listening to the song it's not that memorable. JunoFlo shines tho

11 hours on, and it's almost the middle of the day on the anniversary of their debut. "Holiday" at 14, "All Night" at 27. I'm surprised at the domestic response to this release, honestly.

SNSD just ain't relevant anymore beyond generally speaking

Ondemandkorea has it but without english subtitles

there's a group putting out subs called khiphopsubs
they even sub the raps well with notes and shit so I watch it live or soon after and then again with subs lol

llehuty

Moon Hyuna x EU Erine (문현아 x 이유애린) - 둥둥 (Doong Doong) _TEASER
HYPE

알파벳 AlphaBAT - 원해 Get Your Luv Official M/V
Surprised this group is still alive.

구구단 오구오구 (OGUOGU) - ICE CHU (Teaser)
Gugudan was a mistake. I can't believe they are from the same company as VIXX.

POST PANIC(포스트패닉) - 1996 (Teaser)
Glen Check AND Post Panic releases? Sign me in.

[Special Stage] 170808 DreamCatcher (드림캐쳐) - INTRO: HORROR + Fly High (날아올라) @ 더쇼 The Show
That creepy intro!

Boss★Moogle;245659552 said:
Weki Meki 위키미키 - I don't like your Girlfriend M/V
It's alright, at least it's not cute and Yoojung got to rap a little. Yoojung's visuals have gone up a notch though.
This is all over the place. The different parts are ranging from good to ok, but I don't think they work well together. They tried.

170808 위키미키 쇼케이스 직캠 - I don't like your Girlfriend Weki Meki 4K fancam by Spinel
That choreo though. Really good. I like the slow-mo during the half-time version of the chorus.

The album is also quite good, although not very cohesive.

I think the debut, overall, is better than nugudan's, although the single it's just too out there.

Boss Mog

I listened to the whole Weki Meki album and while it's a bit rough it shows a lot of potential. "Stay With Me" should've been the title track, it's better than "I Don't Like Your Girlfriend". "Neverland" is decent too.

llehuty

Jaehwan, the independent trainee that is Wanna One's main vocalist, signed a contract with CJ E&M, in effect right after Wanna One disbands in 1.5 years.

So, I'm assuming that the cut that corresponds to him from all the Wanna One promotions, will go entirely to him? No company cut or anything? Must be nice.

Weki Meki is very disappointing. The entire mini is just meh. Forehead girl looks great though!

Jaehwan, the independent trainee that is Wanna One's main vocalist, signed a contract with CJ E&M, in effect right after Wanna One disbands in 1.5 years.

So, I'm assuming that the cut that corresponds to him from all the Wanna One promotions, will go entirely to him? No company cut or anything? Must be nice.

Yea that's pretty nice for him. Of course we don't even know if every trainee got the same contract. Like individual trainees might have signed for a smaller cut of eventual profit if they made the group etc.

Yup, Weki Meki is trash tier just like the name.

Probably the worst one out of IOI too.

Both Gugudan and Pristin had forgettable debuts but the songs were decent and I guess I get the appeal of Wee Woo even though I still don't think is a good song... whereas Wonderland was too safe of a debut song, but of course now I love it lol.

This one though?

This must be what IGAB sounds like to the people who didn't get it.

PInk Tape

Banned
I got Kard's album today and it's so shiny. The photoshoot is nice too.

Wow :eek: He's super lucky if that's the case.

Niks

Korean comments about Jessica talking about SNSD give me life.

1. [+3,397, -461] She's probably regretting it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2,489, -370] Tried to pass herself off as a designer until the industry started putting her down ㅋㅋㅋ now she's calling herself a creative stylist? Is this a comedy? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2,230, -342] I knew she'd say this someday ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+2,060, -371] Is she not doing well on her own? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She should know that she was able to sell anything at all thanks to her SNSD name ㅎ

5. [+1,614, -237] The reason she gets hate is because she didn't leave in a positive way in the first place but keeps releasing her albums at the same time as SNSD and uses them for dirty marketing ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+479, -87] I would've understood if she wanted to leave to go solo because of musical differences but she said she was going to quit being a singer to focus on design. She's back to being a singer only after she saw no results as a designer, how are we supposed to view that positively?

7. [+373, -60] She's probably better off not talking about Soshi

8. [+397, -70] Her and Jang Hyunseung are the same

luso

From twitter:

Anyway, I read Jessica announced on 4th, SM on 7th. Logistically, I don't know how planning fansigns works regarding their schedule and planning ahead, surely is not something that is arranged immediately and should be planned ahead with venue holders. Either way, coincidence or just SM being SM, it's funny.

Here's some Yuri reading a book

Top Bottom