• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters Trailer

WillyFive

If it's good enough for Viewtiful Joe it's good enough for Kamen Rider. Also, you'll never hear the term henshin in a Sentai series, it's pretty much an iconic Kamen Rider phrase at this point. Would be a shame to take that out.

Viewtiful Joe is intentionally weeby; that's like it's thing. Henshin shouldn't be used for anything mass market, that would just be bizarre.

vareon

"Henshin" is transform unless/until it's officially stated as Henshin. Kinda like Masked Rider became Kamen Rider since W.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
One thing I will never let go off is "henshin". It's too iconic for me and even in dub, I'd prefer to leave it as is, and I don't even like when subtitles leave stuff like "san" and "kun" so it's not like I am just that weeby.

Henshin is really just a generic verb. In Japan it doesn't really have any big meaning to it.

The Sentai equivalent is actually "Change". It's why you hear many Sentai transformations using "change".

Basically it's just a pet peeve of mine where people think a person transforming into a hero is some unique Japanese thing that they have a "special word" for it, when in fact it's literally just transforming. And that the concept of a person transforming into a hero isn't really uniquely Japanese.

Didn't the KaGAAAMi meme come from Tsurugi saying that whenever he saw Kagami?
Yeah I was about to say, the Kagaaaami thing became a meme pretty much right after that episode aired. I've never seen it used in the context of the Toonami dub.

I always thought the dub also had it.

If it's good enough for Viewtiful Joe it's good enough for Kamen Rider. Also, you'll never hear the term henshin in a Sentai series, it's pretty much an iconic Kamen Rider phrase at this point. Would be a shame to take that out.

CHORIKI HENSHIN
MAHOU HENSHIN MAJIMAJI MAJIRO

and variation of TENSHIN

hell, the Japanese dub of IT'S MORPHIN TIME of MMPR is "MINNA, HENSHIN DAAAAAAA!"

But Change is essentially Sentai's "common word".

delSai

Gematsu has some new details.

Basically confirms both Ranked and Player matches. You can customize both the mask and belt for your lobby avatar. And crossposting from the Toku thread, unique skills for some of the Riders:
Ghost can float and is immune to attacks for a bit during it. Omega Drive Grateful is his finisher.
W can switch to Fang mid match and get some health back by doing so.
Den-O can cancel moves by switching between his 4 forms.
Hibiki can mash buttons during Kurenai form to get more damage from his sound based specials. (And it seems like his specials actually change by mashing as well)
Ryuki can summon his dragon to attack or guard him.

Some screens:

Kamen-Rider-Climax-Fighters_2017_10-12-17_001.jpg_600.jpg
Kamen-Rider-Climax-Fighters_2017_10-12-17_004.jpg_600.jpg
Kamen-Rider-Climax-Fighters_10-12-17_002.jpg
Kamen-Rider-Climax-Fighters_2017_10-12-17_022.jpg_600.jpg

Top Bottom