• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters Trailer

Prophane33

We don't even know if the game will be that bad. Chou Climax Heroes looks janky but a fairly decent game all around.

I didn't take that as a bad thing, it's just a quote from Ex-Aid , which can also refer to the fighting nature of the game.

I've liked all the KR games for what its worth.

I didn't take that as a bad thing, it's just a quote from Ex-Aid , which can also refer to the fighting nature of the game.

I've liked all the KR games for what its worth.

I am aware that it's a reference to Brave's catchphrase, but it just really sounds negative. Cuz that's what that catchphrase is, quite frankly.

Prophane33

I am aware that it's a reference to Brave's catchphrase, but it just really sounds negative. Cuz that's what that catchphrase is, quite frankly.

I can see what you mean. I think maybe something referring more to Build (which I'm not clever enough to come up with something, haha) would be better.

I can see what you mean. I think maybe something referring more to Build (which I'm not clever enough to come up with something, haha) would be better.

I dunno, "Kamen Rider! Dissidia! Best Match!"?

No this is dumb.

Their trivia sections in particular are notorious for being hilarious reaches towards anything that particular editor likes and/or mentally connected it to.

Hey, don't you question the validity of wiki editors? They are trustworthy and Silent Hill really is a massive alegory for evils of circumsition. !!

luulubuu

I dunno, "Kamen Rider! Dissidia! Best Match!"?

No this is dumb.

Hey, don't you question the validity of wiki editors? They are trustworthy and Silent Hill really is a massive alegory for evils of circumsition. !!

KAMEN RIDER CLIMAX FIGHTER |OT| I WILL DO THIS WITHOUT DISSIDIA

ex aid quote + allusion to the game genre?

salromano

Pre-orders are up in Japan. Two new screenshots:

3eVqif7.jpg

QjCjcIO.jpg

Also box arts:

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's getting an Asia-English release? Hmm, might have to shell out the dough then.

Did not expect Momotaros' catchphrase to (officially) translate as "I'm FINALLY here!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's getting an Asia-English release? Hmm, might have to shell out the dough then.

Did not expect Momotaros' catchphrase to (officially) translate as "I'm FINALLY here!"

It's a literal translation yeah. TVN really corrupted people.

Though honestly I prefer "I've FINALLY arrived!" to stick with the train puns.

Showa Riders are heavily underpowered compared to the Heisei one. My boy Black won't be in :(

I know the Showa won that battle in Heisei Vs Showa but that was BS.

I kinda like this wave of games adopting the Gundam Vs gameplay and if the sound edition is releasing in the English version gonna be there Day 1.

Gonna play that Ryuki Battle Theme 24/7

NeonZ

Showa Riders are heavily underpowered compared to the Heisei one. My boy Black won't be in :(

I know the Showa won that battle in Heisei Vs Showa but that was BS.

No, Black is underpowered. Showa Rider before Black had crazy stuff like Riders surviving nukes, fighting and defeating someone hotter than magma and stopping a bomb meant to destroy the entire atmosphere with an energy barrier.

Then comes Black RX and they completely forget all that to make the past Riders job to an useless armored monster. It gets pretty annoying to see a 1000ºC fireball hurting Stronger when in his own show he defeated a villain that was stated to irradiate temperatures above 10000ºC, and in later episodes Stronger himself could even absorb heat in order to power up.

Boss Doggie

As long as they keep Gord Drive's name, i'm okay with that.

To be fair, like Alfa, Gord Drive is an actual official name used multiple times. There's that image people like to use to "counter" it, but turns out Gold Drive was actually for a Chinese retail.

It's not the same piece like many of OOO's stuff (don't forget Unkh) which got later updated with proper spellings. Gorenger, Gord and Alfa are "official" in that they have been used multiple times and not just in figures and toys.

Jeffrey

Wish the game didn't still look and animate like it's from the psp ish era.

I do miss those 8ing fighting games. Broken stuff but each rider had some unique mechanics that was fun.

Boss Doggie

There was an English dub of Kabuto? Sure you don't mean Ryuki?

Kamen Rider had a dub up to Kiva or Den-O in southeast asia

it's where the KaGAAAAMi meme came from

props for actually using "transform" than "henshin", we need more people thinking that there's no such thing as "proper verbs" in Japan

jwk94

Kamen Rider had a dub up to Kiva or Den-O in southeast asia

it's where the KaGAAAAMi meme came from

props for actually using "transform" than "henshin", we need more people thinking that there's no such thing as "proper verbs" in Japan
Didn't the KaGAAAMi meme come from Tsurugi saying that whenever he saw Kagami?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Didn't the KaGAAAMi meme come from Tsurugi saying that whenever he saw Kagami?

Yeah I was about to say, the Kagaaaami thing became a meme pretty much right after that episode aired. I've never seen it used in the context of the Toonami dub.

One thing I will never let go off is "henshin". It's too iconic for me and even in dub, I'd prefer to leave it as is, and I don't even like when subtitles leave stuff like "san" and "kun" so it's not like I am just that weeby.

WillyFive

One thing I will never let go off is "henshin". It's too iconic for me and even in dub, I'd prefer to leave it as is, and I don't even like when subtitles leave stuff like "san" and "kun" so it's not like I am just that weeby.

No, "henshin" is still pretty weeby.

Prophane33

No, "henshin" is still pretty weeby.

If it's good enough for Viewtiful Joe it's good enough for Kamen Rider. Also, you'll never hear the term henshin in a Sentai series, it's pretty much an iconic Kamen Rider phrase at this point. Would be a shame to take that out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If it's good enough for Viewtiful Joe it's good enough for Kamen Rider. Also, you'll never hear the term henshin in a Sentai series, it's pretty much an iconic Kamen Rider phrase at this point. Would be a shame to take that out.

Magiranger would like a word with you.

Top Bottom