• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaname Fujioka talks Monster Hunter World: no westernization/casualization

R0ckman

The thing is what to the dev team is arcahic and what they felt was holding game back and what fans considered casualization could be too different things.

Personally I feel that if the game is built more around the fights without too many busy work distractions like throwing a paintball, I'm all for it. Let me focus on the combat.

I was planning on making MHXX on Switch my first serious foray into Monster Hunter.

But now that we're not getting portable Monster Hunter at all, I can't be bothered. Capcom lost me.

But such is the fate of Western gamers who prefer handheld games I guess. We're treated like we don't exist. At this point I shouldn't even be surprised. Even on this forum there are plenty of people who don't even understand why people are pissed that we're not getting portable Monster Hunter, they just parrot the "Nintendo fans" strawman argument over and over.

I wasn't interested enough to play it on 3DS. Switch would have changed that, but of course Capcom had to be dicks.

No. Fuck Capcom, and fuck you.

jesus christ

Raide

Does anyone else think the Palico Farm will come back or do you think they have replaced it with the NPC shops basically just selling goods?

Rncewind

Does anyone else think the Palico Farm will come back or do you think they have replaced it with the NPC shops basically just selling goods?

i dont know farm was really always odd to me

i mean it clearly got introduced and buffed from game to game because capcom recognized majority of people dont like to farm some plants. However its such a weird way of "problem" solving.

Raide

i dont know farm was really always odd to me

i mean it clearly got introduced and buffed from game to game because capcom recognized majority of people dont like to farm some plants. However its such a weird way of "problem" solving.

It seemed like a logical progression from you finding a few bits to make potions etc, to running your own Palico based manufacturing empire. Making bugs etc was super useful down the line. At some point they should just automate making orders me ship them to your box automatically. 😃

Ridley327

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/28/how-monster-hunter-worlds-is-streamlining-a-cult-classic/

New Interview

Mostly covering what has been said ad nauseum but some nice tidbits regarding Fashion Hunter and Post launch support

Yeah, there's not a lot of new news here, but we did at least get confirmation of them doing time-limited events. I'm guessing there's going to be at least one large Elder Dragon tied to them and the usual wacky size monster for people to hunt for special mats.

Zeta Oni

Are you going to go deep on cosmetic items for players who like building their characters? The more subdued art has me wondering if more outlandish looks will still be available.

Tsujimoto: Now that we’re in HD and on televisions there’ll be so much more visual detail to the characters – the armor itself is looking so much cooler and so much more bad-ass.
We totally know that there are fashion hunters out there who focus more on looks than abilities who want to make a really good-looking outfit, and they’re not going to be disappointed by this game.

Just to wrap up – big RPGs with rolling content and constant updates, ‘live games’, are pretty big right now. Is the plan to go fully down this path with Monster Hunter World?

Tsujimoto: Well, as you know Monster Hunter has a long tradition of being really generous with our post-launch roll-out in terms of updating the roster of quests that are available and we plan to keep that same system here.

So after the game releases we’re going to have a roll-out of time-limited event quests for you to join and bringing out more content for players to enjoy online as the game rolls on – so yeah, you can look forward to lots of post-launch excitement.

Good to hear, love making my hunter look fashionable and some of my favorite armors/weapons in particular have been DLC.

JP_

Banned

Yeah it's weird, in MHF2 the farm was a huge chore -- after every mission you'd go collect stuff from the different nodes yourself. In MHGen, it's mostly a few ways to send cats off and you get stuff when you get back, and you can do all of it from your home NPC. But the physical farm is still there and now every once in a while you get a bistro pass or whatever it is and you have to go collect it. I like being able to do most of it from a convenient location and the meowsters between hunts & traders that go away for several hunts are a good fit I think, but there's a lot of running around and loading just to clear notifications.

I guess my hope with next gen is those areas will be consolidated. It's especially ridiculous in MHGen where there's 4 different towns AND the farm AND the hub AND the hub's prep area. Keep MHGen's formula of 1 quick activity between hunts, 1 quick activity every ~6-10 hunts, but clean up the zones.

In MHW, they should just have it be two areas. Offline and online, no loading within those areas. And when you go to the online area, just automatically put your friends in the same instance if you're online at the same time.

Top Bottom