• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

Uranami in next update, 16th Sept (ohey another Malaysia-related date... obviously coincidence)
Next K2 ship is 5500t light cruiser, so either Kuma, Tama, Nagara, Yura, Natori or Kinu.
Warspite's seiyuu is Uchida Shuu, and it is her 1st work
and oh... another foreign carrier coming

anderedna

Uranami in next update, 16th Sept (ohey another Malaysia-related date... obviously coincidence)
Next K2 ship is 5500t light cruiser, so either Kuma, Tama, Nagara, Yura, Natori or Kinu.

I applied 3 days leave for a full week holiday thanks to said event :)
I'll be fresh on Friday for some ship farming lol.

Another DD for Daihatsu mule huh. My ship slot is not ready, somehow got Zuihou while cleaning up monthly 2-5, and Yuugumo while doing weekly 5-2. Another K2 for CL is welcomed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, so they found someone who could speak British English specifically for Warspite. I wonder if that was because people got mad at Iowa (I actually don't mind her Engrish, it's kind of hiliarous/endearing).

And I hope that Enterprise is coming...

She would be an op murder queen with insane luck and hp, and be able to launch planes in night battle (maybe only a specific named squad tho); with op named squads. I kinda don't want her in the game as I don't think they could do her justice.
They already made planes kind of crazy with the rank system anyway. lol
But yeah, I wonder if they could make her super OP. I think they did a good job with Iowa with her huge FP number if nothing else.

(Maybe she comes with a Damecon built in :p)

anderedna

Huh, so they found someone who could speak British English specifically for Warspite. I wonder if that was because people got mad at Iowa (I actually don't mind her Engrish, it's kind of hiliarous/endearing).

And I hope that Enterprise is coming...

Hey, same boat here. It's just voice, enjoy it. Also, "SALTY, hmm, ii wa yo..".. is the best phrase. Fitting for that Spring event.

/Said ones that really like Abukuma voice.

StayDead

I still need U5-11 and Iowa, hopefully I can get them and Prinz next event. I highly doubt it though with my RNG.

Currently just expeditions and pvping each day for resources/levels on certain useful ships. Need to do quest chain for crane for zuikaku too.

anderedna

I need Graf and both Italia battleship. And yes, sushi. I'll try to get her after next event if resource allowed.

Currently, I just do daily, weekly and monthly quest, leveling newly acquired ships along the way, with 5,37,38 as day exp. and 11,24,40 overnight.
One time quest left are both 5-1 map, Mikawa and those DDs. And yes, that sextuple torpedo quest(ain't got screws and quint torps to finish that quest lol).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've never bothered with the 5-1 comp quests because they are so terrible because of routing. Just doesn't seem worth it, especially since you need to use support and you could go off route.

anderedna

Those are the two that I haven't done. No chain for them, making those quests low priority for me. Since I don't have any other quest now, I might need to look at them. I got all the required ships with level around 60 - 80s.

I'll most probably ignore them until dev introduce a quest that chained from those two :(
Or LBAS could be used in World 5, pretty please.

anderedna

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah I finally just got Zekamashi! :D

Congrats, she's a good ship. Yasen mainly :)

I almost have a feeling that LBAS will be world 6 to make up for the silliness of 6-4...

I'm up to 6-3. Killed the boss once for quest and haven't bothered clearing it it. 6-4 sounds scary.
I asked for 5 mainly for 5-1 map quests. Support expedition so RNG heavy, and of course compass.

BTW, I saw someone speculated that Kinu is the one to be KN2 next update. I don't have her right now. Used for modernized material previously for a couple of times. She's kinda rare as well :(

anderedna

Trying to get her for past couple of days, still no luck. Daily construction and 3-5 only tho.

Speaking of 3-5, which formation did everyone use? I've been using 1CL(Abubear) and 5DDs, just need Red T on second node and they are good. Ayanami K2 recently has been a damage magnets for me. Always got taiha'd some way or another. Already used 3 buckets on her alone today.

Again, taiha'd. Her level is among the highest for my DDs and yet still manage to get taiha every single time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For 3-5 I do the CL5DD most of the time. If I get angry because of runbacks, I do a CAV as well, but that can lead to more anger because of getting thrown off route. lol

anderedna

Finished 3-5 with Abubear and friends. Replaced Ayanami with other DD and it's smooth sailing afterwards. Previously I tried using northern route, never again xD. Resource drain with Hoppo waiting before boss. It was
not
fun.

So the maintenance starts in 12 hours or so and I'm driving for 6 to 7 hours tomorrow(please no traffic jam) which fits the maintenance window. Time to rush morning PvP and prepare the long expeditions :)

Kinu still missing tho. Tried 3-5 B,K and 4-1 C,D with no luck.

EDIT: Did Kinu got her K2? Didn't see her page updated. Also, Uranami is another plain DD :(
Uranami get!!! Only after getting 2 buckets and one dev mats in 2-4. That map is such a troll.

And done B79 on first try, one damecon used on Shiki.
9dBEEu3.png
Now what to do with these Ura, Shiki and Isonami...

anderedna

yeah i'm not touching 6-5 ever
0ra02pi.jpg

the question is how long until tanaka will implement this in event maps

I watched someone cleared it. Poi, Iowa, Taihou, Shoukaku, Maya and KTKM. North node, shortest route, LBAS on boss and preboss. That guy could even clear 6-3 and 5-3 for the LBAS unlocking quest.

And I finally able to clear B41 Mikawa, which is required to unlock 6-3 quest.

EDIT: Maintenance tomorrow. My first fishing event. Hopefully it's a fun one, not a salty one.

Event done, selected Aganon banner instead of more useful spotlight. Anyway 2nd WG is nice. Kinu also showed up. Time to run 4-3 for her :)

anderedna

Medium scaled event with 5 maps total and Saratoga as new CV.

How's your plan and resource?
- I have 284k/284k/300k/237k [F/A/S/B] with 2k buckets (will continue resource gathering during first few days of event while waiting for guides).
- I'll probably try hard on all maps(heavily depends on rewards).
- Will try to get Italia, Roma and Graf(if they drop), also Sakawa with lowest priority to complete Aganon collection. Hopefully they drop this time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll probably go medium unless there's some OP plane for hard finish. I'm actually at 260/300/300/260, so I'm fine with resources unless there's some super trolling.

anderedna

2016 has been not so good year. Hopefully Tanaka doesn't close it with the hardest event.

I'll try hard for a few runs and drop the difficulty if it's too difficult, provided that the rewards aren't much. Otherwise, I'll try to push on. Need lots of medals for BP, got couple of ships that are waiting for their turn.

I'm at 24k, 26k 300k and 44k.

I'm too broke for an event unless it's super easy.

Ouch. Well spam 5, 21 and 6? for a week and you'll probably good. And/Or ask your subs for some intensive Orel cruising.

Started E-1H: 286/291/300/246 2.1. No support expedition needed. Could S/A rank boss no problem. DD, CL, FBB, CVL, DD, DD. 2 ASW ships. ACFHL 100% routing.
Cleared E-1H: Resources same. 9 runs, 6 boats + 1 drum for -49 for each run(A rank). 5 buckets used; 2 Mutsuki, 3 Kisaragi. No retreat. Best ship droped, Mogamin lol.
Cleared E-2H: 283/290/299/241 2.1. Didn't use support since LBAS. Subcheese, dev fixed the thing. Ended up using Souryuu & Hiryuu path(which is very reliable). Baux took a beating since map need 300(400++?) for AS+. Best ship dropped, Harukaze!!! Yamakaze didn't appear tho.

StayDead

I think I might just easy my way through to the end of E-3 and stop there if I have no resources. The E3 ship is cool as hell, not too worried about the carrier as much, but if I can get it I'll go for her.

anderedna

I'm still stuck at E3H LD(3rd tries). Head-on encounter make it pretty much impossible to kill the boss and I keep on getting that at boss node. Not to mention, debuffing is a real pita. Seriously, 2 successful air defense is harder than killing the boss herself, so I just brute force to clear the map. I managed to kill the boss once or twice from sheer luck during the chipping run.

I don't think Yamakaze will drop for me. Farming E2/3 in hard mode is hard.

Cleared E-3H: 279/286/295/248 2.1. Used boss support. Baux increase lol, most probably due to 4 days break and running expedition. No boss debuff, 8 tries for last dance, S rank the last one. Lo and behold, Tanikaze... E-4N perhaps as lots of experienced players struggling with it. Good bye flight deck.

anderedna

E4H: Tried a few runs for TP gauge. No problem clearing that. However due to lack of time and the other gauge, I changed it to normal. At least the plane reward is good, I guess, and I already have both crane in CVB mode.

E4N TP: First run, S rank the boss, Yodo drops. Not that important as I already have her at 80 and no point getting more FCF. Hagikaze decided to greet me at M node.
E4N HP: 2 times retreat at O, 2 at P, 7 at S, 0 at Q. Reached boss: 2 A, 4 S. Used boss support. Got Hayashimo on S node.
E4N: 278/281/292/257 2.1. 12 runs for TP, 17 runs for HP. Single last dance with A rank.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So E4 and E5 are idiotic on hard. I'm finding it really annoying that event maps have just turned into these crappy RNG-fests.

anderedna

I've unlocked E5 hidden start point on easy, then changed the difficulty to normal, the hidden start point remains. Phew...
So I'll debuff the boss on easy next and clear it on normal, boss killable with Pudding in the fleet. Gotta add Nagamon and hopefully Sakawa(please come already) later for increased firepowar.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've unlocked E5 hidden start point on easy, then changed the difficulty to normal, the hidden start point remains. Phew...
So I'll debuff the boss on easy next and clear it on normal, boss killable with Pudding in the fleet. Gotta add Nagamon and hopefully Sakawa(please come already) later for increased firepowar.

Apparently it only resets when you go from easy/medium to hard, That's probably because of the weird shiplock mechanic where hard gets its own locks, and their programming treats it as a different map or something.

anderedna

I am currently doing E1 on hard. It'll take a lot of runs (maybe need more drums) but it's worth it.

E1 shouldn't be that hard if you have ASW ships. Isuzu alone could bring down 3 subs if you pair her with FBB. The rewards are awesome as you got two interceptors, which is needed for later maps.

Apparently it only resets when you go from easy/medium to hard, That's probably because of the weird shiplock mechanic where hard gets its own locks, and their programming treats it as a different map or something.

Yeah, I read that on wikia, and going to test it myself. Apparently it works. Tho the map quite hard already even on easy. 648 air power for AS+ on first part, and over 1k for 2nd half... I settled with just AS. Bauxite and fairies gonna cry.

I'll try getting Sakawa while debuffing the boss for now. Still got 10 days :)

Edit: Boss debuffed. Need to do all the things listed there, including S rank the F node(Once I did this, finished that sortie after clearing A, and the quest completion sound rings). Sortied again and saw the debuffed boss. Changed to normal, sortied to boss and the debuff sticks. Now excuse me while I try to find Sakawa. BTW Pola drops at boss node even at A rank; source: me.

Cleared E-5N: 265/273/286/245 2.0k buckets left. Opened and debuff on easy(10 runs), cleared on normal. Boss node: 6A, 1S(last dance). Retreat 3: 1O, 2P. Best ship dropped: 2 Pola, 1 Hatsukaze, 1 Shoukaku, 1 Kaga. Sakawa 404.
r6F4mXp.png

Kisaragi for scale.

Time for LSC tomorrow(Sushi please come).

anderedna

E-3 aren't that hard. Just use the shortest route (1 sub node, 2 air attack) and you'll reach the boss.
No need to debuff her as the debuff runs might took a lot more resources than simply killing the boss, especially with easy.

If only Yamakaze and Sakawa dropped, I'd finish this event already. 4 days farming and none of them showed up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, between easy and normal whatever debuffs and whatnot stick, probably because of farming. I'm probably going to try hard just because people say it's not impossible.

I was also lucky and got Sakawa on O of all nodes.

anderedna

Just got my Pyaa... Node O as well after 26 runs. Resources burns like oil.
E5 hauls: 3 Nagato, 2 Pola, 1 Sakawa

Now just need to get Yamakaze.

StayDead

I keep getting really shitty luck on E-2. If I et to the boss I S Rank it, but two of my lower level girls I've brought in keep getting taiha'd on node I. Gah.

EDIT: Changed where I was bombing to I, working better now.

anderedna

Cleared the map on Hard... and perhaps as a joke, the game gave me another Sakawa. Not sure what to do with her. lol

So got another medal for all hard clear. Nica and congrats. Sakawa: strip her gun and use as modernization fuel.

I keep getting really shitty luck on E-2. If I et to the boss I S Rank it, but two of my lower level girls I've brought in keep getting taiha'd on node I. Gah.

EDIT: Changed where I was bombing to I, working better now.

Hope you mean E-3 as E-2I is a selection node. Put your duckie as FS second fleet and watch her swat all those planes. AS+ on all nodes helps as well.

StayDead

Meant H. I just can't get to the boss/kill the boss of E-2 for the final time. Every event is like this. Admittedly it's because two of my ships are probably underlevelled, but this is E-2 on Easy and I keep getting fucked by RNG.

anderedna

Try using southern route if you have Hiryuu and Souryuu. It's easier to gain AS.

1-D-F-I-K-O: Mizuho, Myouko, Haguro, DD, DD, Shouhou (easier to boss, try use 3 historical fleet at least)
2-A-B-F-G-J-I-K-O: All subs with some observation plane and pray
3-C-G-J-I-K-O: DD, DD, CA(V), CA(V), Hiryuu, Souryuu (I prefer this one, more firepower)

anderedna

Ouch, that would be a challenge then. Hmm.. Having both Mizuho and Shouhou will skip that H node as well, but Mizuho is a rare ship.
Maybe just concentrate LBAS with all LBAS planes & torps bomber on H node(since enemy don't have any air power there), and use boss support. A few tries might yield the result.

StayDead

My problem is (and the one I don't understand) is every time I got to the boss node previously I S-ranked it. I realise the final kill is meant to be harder, but I just end up getting taiha'd either just before the boss node or for some reason Shigure decides to Torpedo cut in in night attack to the one ship that isn't the boss and I miss out on the kill.

I'm going to try grabbing torp bombers for my second airbase. I was using air defense to cut down on resoources, but I just need to finish the map now imo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So got another medal for all hard clear. Nica and congrats. Sakawa: strip her gun and use as modernization fuel.
I thought about leveling her as well, but yeah, I probably only need 1. Unless she was important in some other battle they didn't do yet... lol

anderedna

My problem is (and the one I don't understand) is every time I got to the boss node previously I S-ranked it. I realise the final kill is meant to be harder, but I just end up getting taiha'd either just before the boss node or for some reason Shigure decides to Torpedo cut in in night attack to the one ship that isn't the boss and I miss out on the kill.

I'm going to try grabbing torp bombers for my second airbase. I was using air defense to cut down on resoources, but I just need to finish the map now imo.

E-2 only allow one base to attack, other one will be relegated to defense or does nothing.
You could try to arm up the LBAS full with bomber + catalina/taitei and hopefully they'll snipe the boss.

Perhaps, you could show your current fleet and their equips.

I see that the final form has an upgraded carrier along with a battleship, so there's second shelling, which doesn't really help here as DD only does a bit of damage. Yeah LBAS should be fitted with all LBAS plane(8 range and above) and snipe the boss node.

I thought about leveling her as well, but yeah, I probably only need 1. Unless she was important in some other battle they didn't do yet... lol

Her second form have no equips. No point leveling her copy, unless there's a repeat to this event. Sakawa AFAIK didn't involved in any battle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I was reading the wikipedia entry on her... what was E5 all about then? The nuclear test where she was blown up with Saratoga, Eugen and Nagato?

Top Bottom