• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

anderedna

EDIT: Sorry, first post on new page.

Yeah, done that quarterly ranking quest. Free 4 screws, which I'd probably use in one go. Feels good to S rank in one try, thanks to new planes in the LBAS and Littorio in the fleet. A single seaplane fighter on her is enough to AS on almost all nodes.
3-5 also a bit tame this month, cleared the boss in 5 sorties, didn't even bring cranes and Taihou.

So, Sara KN tomorrow? Kumano already confirmed right?

IronRaven

EDIT: Sorry, first post on new page.

Yeah, done that quarterly ranking quest. Free 4 screws, which I'd probably use in one go. Feels good to S rank in one try, thanks to new planes in the LBAS and Littorio in the fleet. A single seaplane fighter on her is enough to AS on almost all nodes.
3-5 also a bit tame this month, cleared the boss in 5 sorties, didn't even bring cranes and Taihou.

So, Sara KN tomorrow? Kumano already confirmed right?

I think it's just Kumano Kai Ni tomorrow and whatever new quests they decide to add on with her implementation.

Official teaser for Kumano Kai Ni.

vrsjo8jd9q1z.jpg

anderedna

kumano k2 tomorrow. kinda doubt there'll be sara k2 tomorrow
One can hope :)
But yeah, Kumano KN is okay I guess.

I think it's just Kumano Kai Ni tomorrow and whatever new quests they decide to add on with her implementation.

Official teaser for Kumano Kai Ni.

vrsjo8jd9q1z.jpg
Hmm.. looks similar to her sister Suzuya. While I like both, BP requirement for both CAV and CVL sucks tho.
I'll let her be CAV for time being, got enough CVL and CVL quest rewards not that tempting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So are the Suzuya/Kumano CVL conversions just some theoretical thing like the CVB/Jet stuff with the Cranes? The wikipedia pages for either ship don't really mention late model conversions.

anderedna

So are the Suzuya/Kumano CVL conversions just some theoretical thing like the CVB/Jet stuff with the Cranes? The wikipedia pages for either ship don't really mention late model conversions.

Should be theoretical. They aren't even CAV anyway right?

Finally, Taiyou Kai with auto OASW right after converted to kai.
Just realized that she and Hiyou are sisterships. The third one incoming then.

EDIT: And Yura is level 75 now. Should be ready for Kai Ni if she follow her sisters' kai ni level.

IronRaven

My new job really cuts into Kancolle time. QQ

At least now I can afford all the slots and expansions I want. Currently saving up for a new PC though.

anderedna

Hmm.. Myouko class has some seaplane as well but still a CA.
Need to have some kind of deck perhaps?

Nice. Kancolle could be play on ancient laptop tho, as long as you can load chrome + flash.

anderedna

Nice, another UI update, got health bar in ship selection screen, also ship level has different color. Color scheme also changed a bit, mainly on buttons. I like this one.

Ughh... Stock Kamoi didn't get CG. She got an umbrella. Fusou got three :3
And of course, Kumano need BP for both Kai Ni and CVL. Sigh.. No kai ni for Yura yet at 75.

EDIT: Wow, Fusou CG. 1st time seeing this :)

going by patch notes right now, her gimmick seems to be seaplane related? I guess have to wait until ppl check it

edit: oh shit ko-hyoteki equippable
lvl 77, max torp is low (80) so it's not a total abubear replacement

edit 2: seaplane fighter & bomber can be equipped too. I guess yura k2 is basically chitose/chiyoda type av in cl skin screw that. 1/2/1 plane slot lol

anderedna

going by patch notes right now, her gimmick seems to be seaplane related? I guess have to wait until ppl check it

edit: oh shit ko-hyoteki equippable
lvl 77, max torp is low (80) so it's not a total abubear replacement

edit 2: seaplane fighter & bomber can be equipped too. I guess yura k2 is basically chitose/chiyoda type av in cl skin screw that. 1/2/1 plane slot lol

Mine at level 75.
Very happy with her Kai Ni. Midget + Seaplane fighter/bomber (o yes!) + daihatsu + tank. Pretty much OP CL. Can bring her to get AS+ on some maps.

2 BBV, 2 DD, 1 CL and 1 wildcards to 3-5 going to eat some resources tho... 2-5 is easily done with wildcard being another DD(north route).

Mine at level 75.
Very happy with her Kai Ni. Midget + Seaplane fighter/bomber (o yes!) + daihatsu + tank. Pretty much OP CL. Can bring her to get AS+ on some maps.

2 BBV, 2 DD, 1 CL and 1 wildcards to 3-5 going to eat some resources tho... 2-5 is easily done with wildcard being another DD(north route).

1/2/1 slot will only get you to say bye2 at bomber proficiency lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly she seems useful only for maps where CAs and above are not allowed, but you have to gimp her DA to make it worth while.
Maybe this could work for the 3-5 CL/5DD comps?

Also they apparently buffed the fit bonus for 15.2/15.5 guns on CLs?

IronRaven

Honestly she seems useful only for maps where CAs and above are not allowed, but you have to gimp her DA to make it worth while.
Maybe this could work for the 3-5 CL/5DD comps?

Also they apparently buffed the fit bonus for 15.2/15.5 guns on CLs?

It's like having a second Abukuma without her annoying voice. That alone is worth it.

anderedna

I've been away from laptop for a few days, only playing using phone. No cell coverage or wonky 2G(EDGE) signals make things worse. Barely able to play these past few days. Missing a lot of exercises.

Login for 1st time today with laptop, saw the screw count: 5.
That new Hyuuga plane quest required screws: 68.
Sigh... Oh well, at least I got "Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai" at +9 now and another BP ripe for picking. Also, Samidare please drop lol.

BTW, Abukuma is love!
<-- LOVE

IronRaven

I've been away from laptop for a few days, only playing using phone. No cell coverage or wonky 2G(EDGE) signals make things worse. Barely able to play these past few days. Missing a lot of exercises.

Login for 1st time today with laptop, saw the screw count: 5.
That new Hyuuga plane quest required screws: 68.
Sigh... Oh well, at least I got "Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai" at +9 now and another BP ripe for picking. Also, Samidare please drop lol.

BTW, Abukuma is love!
<-- LOVE

I didn't realize your avatar was supposed to be Abukuma. xD

anderedna

Welp, bought two (20) more ship slots in anticipation of incoming event, which should start at the beginning of August and is confirmed a large event. 7 maps incoming with two to three phases in one map.

My ship slots is 200 now. Trying not to scrap rare DD anymore but I'm still not sure if I'll hold.
Hopefully Graf will drop, also hunting for one rare Umikaze to complete my Shiratsuyu collection.

Also, Saratoga Kai Ni this Friday right?

IronRaven

Welp, bought two (20) more ship slots in anticipation of incoming event, which should start at the beginning of August and is confirmed a large event. 7 maps incoming with two to three phases in one map.

My ship slots is 200 now. Trying not to scrap rare DD anymore but I'm still not sure if I'll hold.
Hopefully Graf will drop, also hunting for one rare Umikaze to complete my Shiratsuyu collection.

Also, Saratoga Kai Ni this Friday right?

I doubt we'll be getting Saratoga Kai Ni in the upcoming patch. It will probably be after the Summer event.

IronRaven

Hopefully she got before the event, so we got one nice buffed up CV ready to tackle that event. Probably appear as drop in that event as well due to KN announcement.

I would love for her to get her Kai Ni before the event, but that's pretty rare of the devs to add a KN right before the event. They have done it before, but it's not common.

anderedna

I would love for her to get her Kai Ni before the event, but that's pretty rare of the devs to add a KN right before the event. They have done it before, but it's not common.

Well, last event we get Suzuya KN and CVL. Perhaps this time they are generous and add Saratoga KN.
Of course with BP and Catapult requirement, attached to crazy quests that will drain a lot of resources...

IronRaven

Well, last event we get Suzuya KN and CVL. Perhaps this time they are generous and add Saratoga KN.
Of course with BP and Catapult requirement, attached to crazy quests that will drain a lot of resources...

I do have one catapult left over from the previous event and two BPs. My Saratoga is at level 97. I am so ready if she gets her Kai Ni this next maintenance.

anderedna

I do have one catapult left over from the previous event and two BPs. My Saratoga is at level 97. I am so ready if she gets her Kai Ni this next maintenance.

I do have 2 BP and a catapult as well (sorry Taiyo), and Sara level is 87 (which is real easy to level up), and capped resources to burn.
Let's see what we will get this coming maintenance.

IronRaven

Speaking of upcoming Kancolle stuff, I have a friend in Japan who has agreed to help me buy stuff from the upcoming Lawson collab. I can't wait!

IronRaven

Cards? Ayanami looks cute as always.

Missing 3 are already in Kai Ni form. In b4 Yuuzuki is the one getting Kai Ni...

They're clearfiles. Nice, but not my thing.

That's pretty impressive. I don't really have any of them leveled up like that other than the ones with Kai Nis already.

anderedna

Exercise(for sparkling) + expedition is how I leveled my DDs. Quite efficient I'd say.
Currently running 11 + 37 + 38, aiming for 100% great success every sortie. Can manage to do 2 LSC everyday while reaching the hard cap every morning.

IronRaven

Exercise(for sparkling) + expedition is how I leveled my DDs. Quite efficient I'd say.
Currently running 11 + 37 + 38, aiming for 100% great success every sortie. Can manage to do 2 LSC everyday while reaching the hard cap every morning.

I can't bring myself to sparkle fleets for expeditions and leveling.

anderedna

Hopefully this new Mutsuki DD can carry daihatsu. All my daihatsu equipable DDs are 95+ already lol.

Hmm.. played this game for 1 1/2 years already. Started to play as I was bored at work during end of year 2015 with no project. Didn't even consider spending any money at first. Now I've spent 10 000 Yen, for 100 slots. Maybe more later... lol.

Top Bottom