• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Funny, I've spent so much money on slots, but I haven't married anyone because of how they priced it. If it was 500 yen, I probably would have bought a few rings.

I guess I ring whoever reach 99 first...
16b3b23f05.png

next one should be hiei, or most likely i'll end up still not using her for months and then other ship outlevel her just like haruna did

IronRaven

Maintenance time very soon! It's looking pretty minor. Probably just some summer CGs and furniture with summer lines. Maybe a kai ni, but probably not. We'll see.

anderedna

If I follow level 99 ships will get ringed, almost all my subs will get one lol.

Come on Mutsuki class Kai Ni. At least give us this one...

anderedna

how dare you say combat ration upgradeable @ Akashi is nothing :v

Oh really? My screw count would be 0. Must hide the news from Akagi...

Well, it's nice to see swimsuit CGs coming back. Quite happy with this update :)

EDIT: This 6-3... Taiha galore at boss node. Getting A rank is hard.

Oh really? My screw count would be 0. Must hide the news from Akagi...

Well, it's nice to see swimsuit CGs coming back. Quite happy with this update :)

EDIT: This 6-3... Taiha galore at boss node. Getting A rank is hard.

it doesn't use screw. wasting screw for something that is consumable, even tanaka isn't as cruel as that lol. resource use is minimal as well, need another combat ration as sacrifice for upgrade tho, at least I can stop discarding it every now and then and just slowly upgrade 1 or 2

anderedna

Yeah, done all the new quests. Screw gone up to 22 :)
I choose furniture fairy rather than medal for the rewards :p

EDIT: Spent the fairy already for beach chair lol... At least Ryuuhou looks nice with it.

it doesn't use screw. wasting screw for something that is consumable, even tanaka isn't as cruel as that lol. resource use is minimal as well, need another combat ration as sacrifice for upgrade tho, at least I can stop discarding it every now and then and just slowly upgrade 1 or 2
Whew. Yeah I'll do this to gain 1 screw for daily improvement quest then. Didn't even use that onigiri during event. Not even the resupply drum. BTW, who the support ship for this? Tried vanilla Akashi, Akagi and Isokaze, no rice ball appeared.

Gonna have to enjoy the patch once I get home from work. Still no Musashi swimsuit CG. :(
Haruna, Italia, Yamato, Mutsu, Fusou and Yamashiro got their swimsuit back :) Musashi basically wearing swimsuit already, no need another swimsuit CG lol.

checking wikiwiki, so far it's agano & naganami.
0 screw is from 0-5 only, starting from 6* seems need screw. not surprise considering 6-9 typically have increased cost compared to 0-5

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there really even any point to the improved rations? I wonder if they'll be used for the summer event in some way.
It feels strange how they have to balance the game - it's like the AO oil drums, where they were required to clear events on hard until the last couple of events where they were just made irrelevant.

I guess with this being a long event, maybe we'll also have an 8+ node final map, at which point having FastSuck with drums and then your entire fleet with rations in the extra slot is required to kill the boss on last dance. lol

IronRaven

It feels strange how they have to balance the game - it's like the AO oil drums, where they were required to clear events on hard until the last couple of events where they were just made irrelevant.

I guess with this being a long event, maybe we'll also have an 8+ node final map, at which point having FastSuck with drums and then your entire fleet with rations in the extra slot is required to kill the boss on last dance. lol

That would make me cry, but knowing how cruel the devs can be at times, this wouldn't surprise me.

I hope Tanaka shows us mercy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That would make me cry, but knowing how cruel the devs can be at times, this wouldn't surprise me.

I hope Tanaka shows us mercy.
I've done the last two events on hard, but if I see this one is stupid, then I'm more than happy to just go medium or easy for the clear.

That said, I maxed out my ship slots again (340 ships wheee) so this game has me to some extent. lol

IronRaven

I've done the last two events on hard, but if I see this one is stupid, then I'm more than happy to just go medium or easy for the clear.

That said, I maxed out my ship slots again (340 ships wheee) so this game has me to some extent. lol

It has you by the wallet. So far, I'm at 240 slots.

Speaking of spending money on Kancolle, I'm still eagerly awaiting for the Lawson collab to begin.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It has you by the wallet. So far, I'm at 240 slots.

Speaking of spending money on Kancolle, I'm still eagerly awaiting for the Lawson collab to begin.
It's not too bad since I bought the majority of them when the Canadian dollar wasn't trash. Now it's like paying 10 bucks every event patch. lol

anderedna

She's not really leveled at all in my fleet. It's going to depend on what her gimmick(s) are/is.

Most probably a Daihatsu equipable. Instant Kai Ni for me as she's now level 76.

Need to find excuse to level up 4 more Kai Ni DDs tho. Hatsushimo(68), Hatsuharu(0), Murakumo(0) and Ushio(0). I'd probably able to Kai Ni Hatsushimo before next update/event. Other 3, still need to find reasons. All have so-so stats and can't equip Daihatsu. Might go with Ushio next because of her luck.

IronRaven

Most probably a Daihatsu equipable. Instant Kai Ni for me as she's now level 76.

Need to find excuse to level up 4 more Kai Ni DDs tho. Hatsushimo(68), Hatsuharu(0), Murakumo(0) and Ushio(0). I'd probably able to Kai Ni Hatsushimo before next update/event. Other 3, still need to find reasons. All have so-so stats and can't equip Daihatsu. Might go with Ushio next because of her luck.

I really should work on getting more DDs, but I think I have enough for a large scale hard event. I hope.

anderedna

Event starts on 10th August.

Hopefully a long one as I don't think I could spent much time this time. I will try hard clear as I have capped resources and buckets now and only one old ship that I really want to get (if Graf exist), but lets see how crazy this event first.

Old ships that I'll farm if exist: Graf Zeppelin, Umikaze(last missing poi sister) and Arashi(Yamakaze twin).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't been able to hit resource caps for some reason. Maybe because I started doing 5-5 as well or I'm just not being as efficient running expeditions or something.

anderedna

I didn't hit cap on devmats, burner and obviously screws. Slowly gaining them right now. Not possible with screws as they could mysteriously decrease to single digit in a day once I start modernizing again. Buckets, Fuel, Ammo, Steel and Bauxite: Dailies and Expedition 11, 37, 38 all the time are enough to refill them.

I didn't run 5-5 and didn't bother doing monthly 6-1, weekly world 4, weekly 50 transport and daily world 2. Also 6-5, what's that.

I really should start investing in 5-5 and 6-5 tho for more medals(and screws). Problem is the ships that I'd use in those maps are already level 95+ and I don't like sorties without gaining any experience once they hit 99. Same reason why I don't use Abukuma anywhere unless she really needed. Thanks for coming to the base, Yura KN.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really should start investing in 5-5 and 6-5 tho for more medals(and screws). Problem is the ships that I'd use in those maps are already level 95+ and I don't like sorties without gaining any experience once they hit 99. Same reason why I don't use Abukuma anywhere unless she really needed. Thanks for coming to the base, Yura KN.

I was the same way too, but at some point you just run out of ships to level unless you start marrying all of them. lol

anderedna

Yuuzuki, all other Mutsuki class are waiting for you.

CV will be Yorktown. BB will be HMS Malaya. CA will be Graf Spee. Lets see which one hit lol.

anderedna

I would be so happy if it's Enterprise.

Edit: Looks like we're getting an European theater operation for the summer event! HMS ARK ROYAL COMING! I wonder if there's special routing if you have Bismarck.

Archer incoming. Looks like she'll be equipped with longbow. My Bismark is ready :). Should've also kai my Roma just in case.
Looks like there'll be some Japanese DD in the event and a new foreign submarine as well.

BTW, Fumizuki today :)

EDIT:
Fumizuki Kai Ni getto. Lucky I leveled her up a bit more to 77, which is instant Kai Ni upon login.
Both new quest done. Went with Yura KN, Satsuki KN, Fumizuki KN, Minazuki K, Nagatsuki K and Hatsushimo KN. 3-2 compass trolled me quite a few times before pointing the fleet to boss node. Still being trolled there with red tea, but wiped all of them in night battle. Special thanks to Yura for guiding these girls though the rough water. Her plane helped getting AS+, which is pointless anyway, but the opening torpedo did help a lot. Four Mutsuki class against enemy fleet consists of 2 BBs, surviving that node is awesome. I choose expansion reinforcement instead of Daihatsu since 8 normal Daihatsu is enough...

I got free furniture fairy upon login. Tempting to get both Ise and Hyuuga scrolls, but I only have 1 furniture fairy ;.;

IronRaven

Archer incoming. Looks like she'll be equipped with longbow. My Bismark is ready :). Should've also kai my Roma just in case.
Looks like there'll be some Japanese DD in the event and a new foreign submarine as well.

BTW, Fumizuki today :)

EDIT:
Fumizuki Kai Ni getto. Lucky I leveled her up a bit more to 77, which is instant Kai Ni upon login.
Both new quest done. Went with Yura KN, Satsuki KN, Fumizuki KN, Minazuki K, Nagatsuki K and Hatsushimo KN. 3-2 compass trolled me quite a few times before pointing the fleet to boss node. Still being trolled there with red tea, but wiped all of them in night battle. Special thanks to Yura for guiding these girls though the rough water. Her plane helped getting AS+, which is pointless anyway, but the opening torpedo did help a lot. Four Mutsuki class against enemy fleet consists of 2 BBs, surviving that node is awesome. I choose expansion reinforcement instead of Daihatsu since 8 normal Daihatsu is enough...

I got free furniture fairy upon login. Tempting to get both Ise and Hyuuga scrolls, but I only have 1 furniture fairy ;.;

How do you have so few furniture fairies?

anderedna

Hmmm...I can't imagine why. :p

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/kancolle/comments/6sdk9n/misc_news_from_comtiq_august/

Tons of news for the event and future plans for the game and event hints. Looks like they're preparing to move away from Flash.

Wow just 7 new ships. My slots probably ready(or not). Sounds like there'll be a lot of farming, basically in the EO. Aquila, Graf and Warspite said to return as drop, only to those who still doesn't have them - another farming for me. Saratoga KN tomorrow or after event done?

Finished this month 1-5, 2-5, 3-5 and 4-5. Got 80+ screws for emergency improvement. Will try my best to clear all in hard mode.

I won't be able to start early this time I guess. Going out somewhere this weekend. Should be able to start on Monday, which hopefully we'll get some reliable info and strategy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have a complete kandex, so I don't build anything. lol
I should really start crafting and upgrading the more advanced radars, but everything costs so many screws anyway that it seems kind of pointless until they add a method to farm screws beyond doing the monthly EOs.

I thought I wasn't going to hit cap before the event, but I guess it will just happen naturally if you do the expeditions.

StayDead

I did exactly what I did last time and lost interest in farming between events so I'm poor still.

30k of fuel, baux and steel (little more for some, near 300k for ammo for some reason). One of these days I won't be poor in Kancolle.

anderedna

Incoming event: 3 IJN DDs: Hatakaze[E2 reward], Sagiri[MO drop], Amagiri[MO drop], 1 BB(Most probably French)[E4 reward], 1 Italian SS[EO drop], 1 RN CV(Most probably Ark Royal)[E7 reward] and 1 unknown.

Bored while waiting for maintenance to finish while not having much work today in office. Playing around with KC3 graphs for one year reports lol.

Screws:
Miserable state. Didn't even hit 100 units. Spikes usually caused by event(as they rewards with screws). The recent spike caused by recent update, where onigiri could be improved daily, thanks to Naganami. They'll be all used up after event, probably from improving new equips or Zuiun for the Zuiun skilled quest, my last improvement quest currently available.

Bucket:
I started collecting more buckets after Summer 16 event, continuing until after Autumn 16. Maxed right before Winter 16. Dropped during event and maxed during normal days. Monthlies didn't give a dent as it usually finished with ~50 buckets used, which could be regained in 2-3 days.

Resources (Fuel:Green, Ammo:Brown, Steel:Grey, Bauxite:Amber):
Same situation as Buckets. Fuel and ammo easily depleted during event. The last one was worse as I farmed both pasta BBs in Normal mode on the last EO map. Surprisingly Bauxite didn't took that much of hit. Steel barely took a hit, so that's why devs are adding quests that require a lot of steel now. Side note: I should probably do monthly 5-5 and 6-5 after this...

Oh, Ships and Equips as 2017-08-10.

Top Bottom