• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He definitely needs to come out to Toronto, and probably will. And while he's at it, Drake and J. Cole should cross their tour on the same date and make a megashow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
I actually love the fergie part in AOTL, especially when that bass kicks in heavy
Its grown on me but...

cmon son, the song would've been better without Fergie's raps. The transition to the Rihanna bit makes it worthwhile.

I just heard "That's my Bitch" and it's great. How did that not make the album?

I guess there's not much there in terms of lyrics, but that's not bothering me.

neptunes

Did rhymefest ghostwrite Kanye's verses on "Gorgeous"? His flow and delivery is so much different than the rest of the album. It almost sounds robotic, as if he was reading the lyrics before rapping them.

edit: Sorry if this has been asked/stated/revealed earlier :lol

HiResDes

Kanye doesn't need rhymefest to ghostwrite his shit :lol

...Kanye has helped both Pusha and Nicki Minaj write their verses. He knows how to switch up his flow, and he knows how to write for different rapping styles.

PBY

Banned
neptunes said:
Did rhymefest ghostwrite Kanye's verses on "Gorgeous"? His flow and delivery is so much different than the rest of the album. It almost sounds robotic, as if he was reading the lyrics before rapping them.
im gonna go with no

Ashhong

neptunes said:

edit: Sorry if this has been asked/stated/revealed earlier :lol

I had to double check your user name because I thought for sure you were PhoenixDark based on your post.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Would be INSTANTLY better.

25 Best Kanye Verses of 2010

Next year, ‘Ye will release Watch The Throne, a joint LP with Jay-Z. Half a decade ago, critics would have questioned his ability to rap alongside Hov for an entire abum, but ‘Ye has come a long way from pushing miracle whips. There’s no better proof than his musical output this year, where he rapped like a motherfucking monster on every song he was on.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Ye is one of my favourite lyricists. Not the most technically skilled/conscientious/cream of the crop, but one of my favourites.

Power Remix 3rd Verse is too low.
Deuces Remix is too low
Blame Game verse is too low
CDDF, Hell of a Life, Power are top 10, which is good.
Start It Up is too low.

5. So Appalled Verse
4. Devil In A New Dress (2nd Verse)
3. Monster Verse
2. Dark Fantasy (1st Verse)
1. Gorgeous (3rd Verse)

Discuss. In before PhoenixDark.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Double post, but CDQ Final version of Christmas In Harlem is out. Vado verse makes it listening to, as he kills everyone else on the track.

7RIaZ.png

And that's the end of G.O.O.D. Friday tracks I assume.

It bugs me on kanye's verse on so appalled I've seen this lyric misquoted a couple times now:

That's why another goddamn dance track gotta hurt
That's why I rather spit somethin that gotta purp

for this:

That’s why I never gawd damn dance track, gotta hurt
That’s why I rather spit something that gotta perch

the second set don't even make sense. maybe thats nitpicking...

Tucah

you speak so well
Christmas in Harlem is available on iTunes now, but it's a shortened 4 minute version - only CyHi and Teyana Taylor, no other guests. Odd.

Ephemeris

elephantsonparade said:
It bugs me on kanye's verse on so appalled I've seen this lyric misquoted a couple times now:

That's why another goddamn dance track gotta hurt
That's why I rather spit somethin that gotta purp

for this:

It's like that sometimes, I mean ridiculous.

elephantsonparade said:

What the hell does perch mean?

Also on the same track I always thought there were saying Champagne"wishes DIRTY WHITE BITCHES I mean this shit is fucking ridiculous!

I think the way I heard it works much better:lol

enzo_gt said:

Thanks for the link, I went through the entire thing. It amazes me people still discount Kanye as a lyricist. I don't think his flow is amazing but his lyrics are underrated in my opinion.

CRS

MWS Natural said:
Also on the same track I always thought there were saying "Champagne" wishes DIRTY WHITE BITCHES I mean this shit is fucking ridiculous :lol :lol :lol

I think the way I heard it works much better:lol

RZA thought the same thing when they were recording and Kanye had to correct him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ChldRebelSoldr said:
RZA thought the same thing when they were recording and Kanye had to correct him.
Seems like RZA wasn't alone in thinking that :lol

MWS Natural said:
Thanks for the link, I went through the entire thing. It amazes me people still discount Kanye as a lyricist. I don't think his flow is amazing but his lyrics are underrated in my opinion.
Different definitions of lyricist I guess. If Ye can evoke emotion and still do some clever wordplay while he's at it, I count him as a good lyricist. He has his downs for all of his ups, but so does every lyricist.

And I would say his flow is pretty amazing on songs like Monster and So Appalled, and even say Blame Game. Shit is, fucking ridiculous.

CRS

enzo_gt said:
Seems like RZA wasn't alone in thinking that :lol
I thought the same thing. :lol Is the only reference to the line the SNL performance or is there something else?

enzo_gt said:
Different definitions of lyricist I guess. If Ye can evoke emotion and still do some clever wordplay while he's at it, I count him as a good lyricist. He has his downs for all of his ups, but so does every lyricist.

And I would say his flow is pretty amazing on songs like Monster and So Appalled, and even say Blame Game. Shit is, fucking ridiculous.

HUH?!

cdyhybrid

Can't stop listening to this album. I think Kanye's a good lyricist. His verses don't necessarily have the same complexity (rhymes within rhymes within rhymes etc.) of, for example, an Eminem, but his rhymes are very clever. All IMO, of course.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
These bumps are KILLING me. :lol Has yeezy gone on blackout or something?

I find it really weird that he basically just disappeared. Shouldnt an artist promote the album after it releases too? :lol Where the fuck is the next single?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom