• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
fa3df0b733.jpg

A fanmade cover
wow

j-wood

Guys, let's go OT2 and then the album releases tomorrow (when most new cds are released). If we don't make OT2 it's not happening.

Catvoca

Banned
Guys, let's go OT2 and then the album releases tomorrow (when most new cds are released). If we don't make OT2 it's not happening.

Clearly Kanye's waiting for OT2 to drop before he'll drop the album. He's just looking out for us, waiting until we're ready to feel the greatness

I feel like we've had that same state of mind since the beginning of this thread. "This is something established therefore the album HAS TO COME OUT NOW" "twitter said something it's gotta be true!"

LETS DO IT AGAIN. ITS ADDICTING TAKING SO MANY Ls.

And that fanmade album art. Perfect timing discovering it with IFLT getting a solid quality version too. That cover with the song makes me feel all kinds of ways...

Clearly Kanye's waiting for OT2 to drop before he'll drop the album. He's just looking out for us, waiting until we're ready to feel the greatness

He definitely knows what goes on on KTT.

Last week when it was rumoured the album would drop at 11pm, he tweeted about Yeezy Season 4 right at 11. Sad the album didn't drop but it's kinda cool how he is aware and toying with us lol.

IFLT is even better than I thought it would be. The little synth melody that kicks in during the 2nd chours is so light and beautiful. In contrasts the heavier, bass line in the song perfectly. How is this not on the album?

I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like this
I feel like that all the time.

This may be one of his saddest songs ever. Pinocchio Story and Hey Mamma levels of tear jerking

Ashhong

IFLT is even better than I thought it would be. The little synth melody that kicks in during the 2nd chours is so light and beautiful. In contrasts the heavier, bass line in the song perfectly. How is this not on the album?

Yea, the instrumental on this is amazing. I've never heard a Kanye song like this. The little chimes are so playful

Ashhong

So I finally got around to watching Fantano's review for TLOP, what were people's thoughts on it?

I have to say, while I love the album, I actually agree with most of what he says. He makes really good points/arguments and it's hard to disagree with it. Sure he is a bit more down on some of the songs but he has valid reasons to not like it.

The only part of his review I didn't like was maybe the last 3-5 minutes when he went more into Kanye's character instead of the music. Overall though, solid review.

Catvoca

Banned
So I finally got around to watching Fantano's review for TLOP, what were people's thoughts on it?

I have to say, while I love the album, I actually agree with most of what he says. He makes really good points/arguments and it's hard to disagree with it. Sure he is a bit more down on some of the songs but he has valid reasons to not like it.

The only part of his review I didn't like was maybe the last 3-5 minutes when he went more into Kanye's character instead of the music. Overall though, solid review.

Yeah he makes some valid criticisms but the part where I really disagreed was when he said the album was not a beautiful mess, it's just a mess. For me the whole thing combines to be more then the sum of his parts, and the disparate nature of the album ties into it's themes and is part of it's charm but he seemed to dismiss this idea pretty quickly. I also just like a lot of the tracks way more then he does, like his least favourite track is Fade, that's crazy! It's a good review though. I didn't expect to agree with him when he didn't like MBDTF, but I enjoyed it regardless.

Ashhong

Yeah he makes some valid criticisms but the part where I really disagreed was when he said the album was not a beautiful mess, it's just a mess. For me the whole thing combines to be more then the sum of his parts, and the disparate nature of the album ties into it's themes and is part of it's charm but he seemed to dismiss this idea pretty quickly. I also just like a lot of the tracks way more then he does, like his least favourite track is Fade, that's crazy! It's a good review though. I didn't expect to agree with him when he didn't like MBDTF, but I enjoyed it regardless.

Maybe it's just because he at least backs up his criticisms, but even though I disagree with him, I still respect the review. I too believe it was a beautiful mess, but I can see why someone might just think it's a mess. Maybe it's the stan in me.

His hatred for Fade was pretty surprising, but hey, if you don't like the beat you don't like the beat. I didn't see his MBDTF review, I might have to watch that one. Crazy he didn't like that either.

Catvoca

Banned
Maybe it's just because he at least backs up his criticisms, but even though I disagree with him, I still respect the review. I too believe it was a beautiful mess, but I can see why someone might just think it's a mess. Maybe it's the stan in me.

His hatred for Fade was pretty surprising, but hey, if you don't like the beat you don't like the beat. I didn't see his MBDTF review, I might have to watch that one. Crazy he didn't like that either.

It's been a while since I watched his MBDTF review but I recall his big criticism was that it was all about Kanye as a person, and he doesn't care much about Kanye so he found it hard to be interested in it. One of the few reviews he's done that I thought wasn't very good, considering MBDTF was the album that got me into Kanye after not really caring much about him before, I thought it was a pretty poor criticism.

His MBDTF review was painful to watch after falling so deeply in love with the album then hearing his opinion, thought it'd be impossible for anyone to dismiss it as much as he did.

I hope he has to review TLOP again if a new final version comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom