• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathy Griffin: "I'm no longer sorry. The whole outrage was BS."

She did it to shock people. It didn't go well. The apology seemed unnecessary.

She essentially blunted any of her future criticism of Trump by doing that. If his name passes her lips from now until the end of time, people will instantly recall the bloody head and not focus on whatever she might actually be saying. She's forever the whacko liberal who posed with the head, and that was going to be the case whether she apologized or not.

A winner is you.

It was outrageous for no reason, and I don't want to see any sitting president with a servered head displayed.

timshundo

I get why she apologized, she was losing money out the ass, and she get that "statement" from "Melania..."

But I wish she hadn't. She needs to release the photos officially in high quality and put them in a gallery. Other celebs need to come in and shoot the same photo with the head and post them in the same gallery in solidarity.

Like I said in the first thread: it's a great photo.

Con_Smith

Banned
Still can't believe she got so much shit for that when Obama had so much worse to deal with and didn't cry like a bitch either.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Any sitting president except Trump. He's not any other president. The trans military ban... Arpaio pardon... outrageous for literally no reason.

Eh, still seems like tryhard edgy bullshit to me. Its not something that makes you think or makes any statement. Also in typical Kathy Griffin manner, its not really funny either. I'm in no way offended. I just don't see much value in it.

I don't see how what she did was funny or served a purpose but it didn't deserve an apology to that Nazi piece of shit. And fuck Cooper for abandoning a friend of that long. I'm not a huge Griffin fam, but she didn't deserve to be done dirty like that

Kyzer

Banned
I don't see how what she did was funny or served a purpose but it didn't deserve an apology to that Nazi piece of shit. And fuck Cooper for abandoning a friend of that long. I'm not a huge Griffin fam, but she didn't deserve to be done dirty like that

Yeah, no, you cant do gore comedy of decapitating the president and still expect to do CNN New Years w Anderson Cooper, how is he at fault in any way for her making a bad publicity move? I get that people hate Trump but just because she pretend cut his head off doesnt mean everyone who doesnt cheer that on deserves a fuck you. Losing your hosting gig with a national political news network is not that crazy

Any sitting president except Trump. He's not any other president. The trans military ban... Arpaio pardon... outrageous for literally no reason.

I don't care I don't want to see a sitting president severed head displayed we will vote against him and reverse his positions (exactly like how he's doing with Obamas) the stupidity display by her is not something I stand for. If you want to you can, more power to you.

IronRinn

Yeah, Cooper is a pretty shit friend.

Fuck 45. And fuck Arnold Kopelson for the awful, repulsive letter he told Griffin to send to 45.

DIR9ObwVoAA_jHi.jpg

A winner is you.

It was outrageous for no reason, and I don't want to see any sitting president with a servered head displayed.

Your sensitivity isn't relevant. It wasn't even particularly gruesome or authentic. If anything she should be apologizing for some cheap attempt and not really making it visceral.

Seen better effects made in high school.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Still confused as to why people were so upset. Gwar has been disemboweling/beheading presidents for 20+ years without much fuss.
People wanted to get upset over lack of decorum while the most vulgar & obscene piece of shit to ever become president keeps trampling over the rights of citizens. Kathy didn't go far enough imo.

Scoops312

Banned
She apologized to get back in potential employers good graces and salvage whatever image she had left. Now she realizes that didn't work, so she's doubling down to look like a hero and gain attention as the comedian that's standing up to Trump. It's all just an act for attention and if her apology worked she would be just as sorry now as she was then.

She apologized to get back in potential employers good graces and salvage whatever image she had left. Now she realizes that didn't work, so she's doubling down to look like a hero and gain attention as the comedian that's standing up to Trump. It's all just an act for attention and if her apology worked she would be just as sorry now as she was then.
Essentially. It's so transparent it hurts. She doesn't have a spine and craves attention.

Yeah, no, you cant do gore comedy of decapitating the president and still expect to do CNN New Years w Anderson Cooper, how is he at fault in any way for her making a bad publicity move? I get that people hate Trump but just because she pretend cut his head off doesnt mean everyone who doesnt cheer that on deserves a fuck you. Losing your hosting gig with a national political news network is not that crazy

They were friends outside of that one day a year. CNN firing her was completely understandable

She should have never apologized in the first place.

This comes too late, IMO.

Looks like she's just desperate to be relevant and trying all the angles.

Then again, I can see HBO giving her a Bill Maher type of show.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Holy shiiiiiiit. This letter + the framing of it is so fucking offensive it hurts. It reads like a dystopian parody.

Love this comment on the link (yeah I know, for once it's a good one!)

The President is obviously a kind, compassionate, and forgiving man.

All you need to do is apologize profusely for ever doing anything that he disagrees with in the slightest and totally renounce every ounce of individualism and principles that you possess in order to fellate his monumental narcissim.

It’s not that hard, is it?

Scoops312

Banned
Essentially. It's so transparent it hurts. She doesn't have a spine and craves attention.

*8 year old Kathy Griffen spills juice on the carpet*

CNN: I told you to be careful! That's it, no allowance!
Kathy: I'M SORRY!!!
CNN: To bad.
Kathy: Well you know what, now I'm not sorry and that carpet was ugly anyway so I'm glad I did it!
Internet: Wow, she is so brave.

SeanC

It was off brand for her, not Griffin's thing in the slightest and because it was so far out it surprised people, but she still shouldn't have apologized. She was just worried about work anyways. Just own it.

She can apologize for being a mediocre comedian, though.

I appreciate when people own their mistakes and don't back down (you go Kyrie), but you can't do that after you've already backed down.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Kathy: Well you know what, now I'm not sorry and that carpet was ugly anyway so I'm glad I did it!

Careful you don't burn yourself on that hot take

PsychBat!

Banned

yeah
that's what's happening here

Meowster

She never should have even apologized. Would people have even cared if it happened now after his KKK and Nazi endorsement instead of then? It was very fake outrage.

AntChum

She should never have issued an apology in the first place, but you can't take back one you've already given — that's not how apologies work. Fuck whether or not it gives Barron nightmares; what about the children of minorities, living in genuine fear of what Trump conjures out of his orange arse next? I only have so much sympathy to give, and no Trump will ever get a single shred of it.

jtb

Banned
She shouldn't have apologized in the first place. Anyways, now she's just doubling down on a bad bet. Nobody even remembers or cares about this bullshit anymore. Just shut up for a month or two and let the storm die down and you'll be fine.

8byte

Banned

Look out everyone, we got some real detectives here! Lord knows these guys would have handled it better. They wouldn't bend or bow to anyone, and their spines are cast from iron. Paragons of virtue, these men!

/s

III-V

She has learned whataboutism at least. She should have doubled down in the first place. Never show weakness to POTUS scum face.

Top Bottom