• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuma Kiryu in Hokuto ga Gotoku (Fully Translated & Narrated) Mini Guide

"YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD"

Welcome to The Realm of Eden. Kazuma Kiryu (The Dragon of Dojima) of the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku series is a playable character in the Premium Edition of Hokuto ga Gotoku (FoTNS: Lost Paradise). All his abilities and attributes mirror that of Kenshiro. In fact some of the cutscenes will depict Kenshiro in one segment, then Kiryu in another segment.

FULL PLAYLIST:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0HKt-kbL9saoMhskppMF0jlGD6Mcbhmg

Captured directly from my daily livestreams on Twitch.TV (twitch.tv/TheElecPlay), we started Hokuto ga Gotoku playing as Kazuma Kiryu (The Dragon of Dojima) as he enters the City of Miracles to find his love, Yuria.

Chapter 2 - Kazuma Kiryu vs. The Devils Rebirth

The imprisoned Kenshiro (Kiryu) tells Jagure that he wants to participate in the Coliseum Prison Tournament. However, not many have survived the wounds received in battle and...the 'Devil Rebirth'. Kenshiro enters the tournament and he will eventually encounter the deadliest beast.

Chapter 3 Invasion of Kyouou
Jagure gives Kiryu (Kenshiro) a tour of Eden. However, the ruthless dictator, Kyo-ou along with his imperial army destroy the gates of Eden killing a few garrisons in battle.

Chapter 4 - Finding Toki
Rihaku (a local doctor at Eden's medical clinic) informs Kiryu and Kisana that Jagure has become deranged. Rihaku tells Kiryu of one man who could miraculously heal anyone injured - Toki, Kenshiro's older brother and practitioner of the Hokuto Ujō Ken arts. However, our heroes learn that Toki is imprisoned in a place called 'Cassandra'.

Chapter 5 PART 1 - Cruisin' the Wastelands
Chapter 5 introduces us to two new combat mechanics: Small Enemies and the Pressure Point of Perfection.

Smaller enemies are generally easier to defeat but their leaping attacks are deadly. Pressure Point of Perfection requires timing but the rewards for successfully pulling them off will prove useful in battle: enemies will drop 'heat auras' which will fill your Big Dipper Star Gauge and large objects that can be used in battle.

You can spend time cruisin' the wastelands, collect spare parts/materials and get ambushed by bandits. Last but not least, Death Batting: an all new spin on baseball!

If you have any questions about Hokuto ga Gotoku, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
For those wondering, the Premium Edition also contains a few character Talismans and bonus items for the hardcore Hokuto no Ken fan. Each game is printed individually in the inserts with its own unique code to be redeemed on PSN.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want ask is how is difficulty in this game? And is there new game plus after beating the game?

I want ask is how is difficulty in this game? And is there new game plus after beating the game?

Like with every other Ryu ga Gotoku Game, there is "Endless Eden" (Premium Adventure) and yes you can play the story from the beginning with all abilities you've earned from your first playthrough. I haven't completed the game yet but I bought the strategy guide.

Danjin44

Like with every other Ryu ga Gotoku Game, there is "Endless Eden" (Premium Adventure) and yes you can play the story from the beginning with all abilities you've earned from your first playthrough. I haven't completed the game yet but I bought the strategy guide.
Thanks for reply!!! I super hyped for this game.

Last edited:
Fist of The North Star Lost Paradise demo now available on the PS Store. Omaewamo..SHinderu!

Seems like they changed a few things in the Western release:
Kenshiro runs by default when using the left analog stick to move around. Originally you had to hold X to run.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I played demo and really like the combat and I'm even excited once you unlock more move set. One thing really impress about the game is Ken's animation when walking/running through the town, especially the way he walks down/up stairs.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Banned
Day 1 for me. I'm still in shock Sega localized this. I've been conditioned over the years to always assume the worst from Sega, but they are certainly getting better.

It's a dream come true to play a quality FOTNS game in English. This helps relieve my sadness that we never got an English version of the awesome fighting game from 2005 by Arc Sytstem Works and Sega.

MiguelItUp

It's a dream come true to play a quality FOTNS game in English. This helps relieve my sadness that we never got an English version of the awesome fighting game from 2005 by Arc Sytstem Works and Sega.
Same! God this game was SO GOOD! We used to have an arcade in the area that imported cabinets and circuit boards. When they got this I LOST my SHIT! I went over there frequently to play it and watch others. I eventually imported it on PS2. :)

I loved this game too, not only for how stunning the pixel art is, but how unpredictable it is, and how over-the-top everything is in true FotNS fashion (which is so hilarious). Had a really good time with it with friends. Though it turns out the "established" fighting esports scene hates it or treats it as a joke game that no true fighter fan should give the time of the day (between this and DoA, these fellows don't seem like the funniest bunch...)

There's also an action game on the PS1 by Bandai that adapts most of the material, that has some of the most impressive 3D poly art the PlayStation had to offer, actual blood, ridiculous animations (looked like a dance number) and the abeshi system, a combo system with more than 200 different death cries you could vary depending on your combo timing. And if you knew Japanese, the speech patterns were highly politically incorrect at times.

I played demo and really like the combat and I'm even excited once you unlock more move set. One thing really impress about the game is Ken's animation when walking/running through the town, especially the way he walks down/up stairs.

Walking up and down the stairs is the exact same animation as it was in Yakuza 5 and yes the more moves you unlock, the more varied they are.

Day 1 for me. I'm still in shock Sega localized this. I've been conditioned over the years to always assume the worst from Sega, but they are certainly getting better.

I loved Hokuto Musou (Ken's Rage) since it explained the entire lore. In fact when I was playing Ken's Rage 1 & 2 I always thought to myself, wouldn't be cool if Sega collaborated with Buronson? Both franchises have excellent storylines, memorable characters and are the definition of bad-ass. Ryu ga Gotoku Studio did an excellent job of re-telling the story with their own twist and the Kiwami 1/Ishin/Zero engine really goes to show how visually stunning the game looks with its cel shaded/manga ink-style.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I loved Hokuto Musou (Ken's Rage) since it explained the entire lore. In fact when I was playing Ken's Rage 1 & 2 I always thought to myself, wouldn't be cool if Sega collaborated with Buronson? Both franchises have excellent storylines, memorable characters and are the definition of bad-ass.
My biggest reason Why I didn't enjoy Rage series as much is because I personally not much in to Dynasty warrior type gameplay. I always thought Yakuza's combat system is perfect for Hokuto no Ken series.

My biggest reason Why I didn't enjoy Rage series as much is because I personally not much in to Dynasty warrior type gameplay. I always thought Yakuza's combat system is perfect for Hokuto no Ken series.

Yeah I've heard from many players that the main reason why most players didn't enjoy Hokuto Musou was the fact that it was much slower paced than a traditional Dynasty Musou game. They greatly amped up the speed in Hokuto Musou 2 and the game ran at an occassional 60 FPS (dipped to 50 in some areas).

I loved this game too, not only for how stunning the pixel art is, but how unpredictable it is, and how over-the-top everything is in true FotNS fashion (which is so hilarious). Had a really good time with it with friends. Though it turns out the "established" fighting esports scene hates it or treats it as a joke game that no true fighter fan should give the time of the day (between this and DoA, these fellows don't seem like the funniest bunch...)

There's also an action game on the PS1 by Bandai that adapts most of the material, that has some of the most impressive 3D poly art the PlayStation had to offer, actual blood, ridiculous animations (looked like a dance number) and the abeshi system, a combo system with more than 200 different death cries you could vary depending on your combo timing. And if you knew Japanese, the speech patterns were highly politically incorrect at times.

I used to have that FoTNS PS1 game back in the day. It was displayed at my local game store and I thought it was another Bloody Roar game but the moment I got home I was amazed how stunning it looked. Granted, I couldn't understand a word of Japanese but I knew this was something special.

Same! God this game was SO GOOD! We used to have an arcade in the area that imported cabinets and circuit boards. When they got this I LOST my SHIT! I went over there frequently to play it and watch others. I eventually imported it on PS2. :)

I recently played Hokuto no Ken on the NES and despite the fact that it wasn't based on the arcade, it still was a pretty solid beat em up.

Kiryu in the main Ryu ga Gotoku series has a sense of honor. He doesn't kill. But in Hokuto ga Gotoku, he kills every delinquent and thug in his path (totally breaks his character!)

Top Bottom