• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2 LEGEND In-depth Let's Play Guide (Fully Translated & Narrated)

By completing the game on LEGEND mode (unlocked once you've completed the game on EASY or NORMAL difficulty) you will unlock a GOLD trophy (for trophy hunters). This video guide provides all the tips and strategies you need to beat the game on the highest difficulty. It also talks about the history of the development behind Yakuza 2 and its EXTREME remake, Kiwami 2.

Entire Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0HKt-kbL9sbPvOeBg8ISiKVbmatNoQoX

CHAPTER 1: December 2006, One Year after the 10 Billion Yen Incident, Kazuma Kiryu and Haruka Sawamura visit the graves of Nishikiyama, Yumi and Kazama when the Fifth Chairman of the Tojo Clan, Yukio Terada approaches Kiryu seeking a truce with the Omi Alliance when suddenly...

Last edited:
CHAPTER 1 PART 2: Meeting Daigo Dojima
Kazuma Kiryu returns to Kamurocho to find Daigo Dojima.

CHAPTER 2: Ryuji Goda 'The Dragon of Kansai' (FEATURED IN THE DEMO)
Kiryu and Daigo arrive in Soutenbori, Osaka. Kiryu has a fateful encounter with Ryuji Goda, Second Chairman of the Omi Alliance's Go-Ryu Clan. His ultimate ambition: Wage war against the Tojo Clan and kill Kazuma Kiryu in order to become 'the one true dragon'.

Kiryu and Daigo head to the Omi Alliance Headquarters. Jin Goda, the current chairman of the Omi Alliance agrees to a 50-50 truce. However, negotiations falter when Ryuji Goda ambushes the peace treaty.

Kiryu takes an injured Karou Sayama to a local Soutenbori bar called Aoi. NOTE: Substories in chapter 4 can be completed before heading back to Aoi. To be continued...

Kiryu returns to Aoi and we discover that the bullet used by the assailant was not meant to kill but to intimidate Kiryu. Sayama tells Kiryu to find an informant in a padded vest in the mahjong parlor with a series of questions about the rates he offers. Plot twists unfold! To be continued...

Kiryu has a bounty on his head and we are introduced to the all new Nightlife Island - originally featured in Yakuza Zero. I explained how it all works, from translating the menus and how to increase the fanbase within the vicinity to expand the business and gain revenue. Off to Kamurocho in the next chapter.

Kiryu returns to Kamurocho with Sayama. Upon arrival, Sayama falls ill and rests at Serena. Later, Kiryu receives a phone call from someone who has abducted Daigo. Kiryu returns to Tojo HQ to report on Daigo's disappearance but learns that Shindo of the Nishikiyama Family holds a grudge against him. To be continued...

Kiryu learns about Sayama's past and why she joined the force. Later, Kiryu and Sayama head to Purgatory where the Mad Dog awaits...

Majima agrees to join the Tojo Clan under one condition: Kiryu must compete in the Purgatory Underground Coliseum. It's the fight we've all been waiting for: The Dragon of Dojima VS The Mad Dog of Shimano represented in the glorious Dragon Engine 2.0

Detective Date and Kawara chase after Kazuki, the owner of Stardust. Meanwhile Kiryu heads to the Amano Building to rescue Daigo Dojima. What Kiryu finds on the rooftop will shock him...

Kiryu and Date catch up on events that have transpired at Bantam. Date tells Kiryu about his relationship with Kawara and the Jingweon Mafia massacre. However, it turns out someone put a bounty on both Kiryu and Sayama...

Things take an ugly turn for Date as he is wanted for murder. Kiryu and Sayama head to the Millennium Tower to meet Kamurocho's legendary informant, The Florist of Sai (Kage).

Kiryu and Sayama head to the dilapidated Shangri-La to rescue Daigo Dojima.

Kiryu attends Terada's funeral at the Tojo Clan HQ. Things go awry when the Go-Ryu Clan arrive at Tojo HQ...

Kiryu rushes to the Tojo Clan HQ to confront Shindo of the Nishkiyama Family. Kiryu learned from Majima that Shindo sold out to Sengoku during the Omi invasion of Kamurocho. Betraying the Tojo Clan, he reveals that several Tojo officers were assassinated. He also has a 'thing' for middle-aged women...

Kiryu encounters Takashi (The Florist of Sai's son) at Theater Square only to discover that Takashi is philandering with another woman. Kiryu asks the whereabouts of Kyoka (Takashi's love interest in Yakuza/Kiwami) to which Takashi reveals is seeing another man...

Kiryu and Sayama spend some quality time together in Soutenbori.

Kiryu encounters a master tattoo artist of Soutenbori, Kazahori who is on the verge of throwing away his most important piece: The Golden Dragon. Kiryu learns of the origins of Ryuji Goda's tattoo and why Kazahori's disciple refuses to take over the Kazahori name...

WaterAstro

Nice, I'll watch this. I was watching someone's full translation of Yakuza Ishin, but it's still ongoing. Man, wish they localized that.

Nice, I'll watch this. I was watching someone's full translation of Yakuza Ishin, but it's still ongoing. Man, wish they localized that.

I might do an Ishin stream one day but right now I'm waiting for Ryu ga Gotoku 3 Remastered to show up at my doorstep. There are a few key changes made in this remaster that are different than the original release. I'll be streaming RRG 3 Remastered when its out. Translating and narrating as usual.

Kiryu and Sayama embark on a journey to find Keima. They will solve riddles, fight against their enemies, receive mysterious phone calls and inevitably meet one of the Survivors of the Jingweon Mafia massacre. This is one of the most controversial chapters because players are introduced to a third city in Yakuza 2 (Shinseicho) which is absent in Kiwami 2.

Kiryu learns that Haruka was 'Taken' by the clutches of Sengoku. Truth, deception and betrayals. Although wounded, Kiryu will stop at nothing to rescue Haruka. To be continued...

Kiryu enters the Osakan Castle, narrowly escapes the deadly Machiavellian traps, uses a machine gun to obliterate Sengoku's henchmen and fights two feral tigers!

Kiryu and Haruka spend some quality time together. To be continued...

Kiryu, Haruka and Sayama head back to Kamurocho where Kurahashi has taken Date hostage at the Millennium Tower.

(SEGA America copied the title I gave for my live-stream...or maybe its just a coincidence)
Kiryu shares a tender moment with Sayama. Meanwhile, our heroes learn that Kamurocho is in danger! To be continued...

Kazuki recovers and tells Kiryu, Date and Yuya that Kamurocho is rigged with 33 bombs. Shortly after, Kiryu returns to the Tojo Clan to inform Daigo, Yayoi and Kashiwagi about the bombs. Kiryu makes a choice: he will fight off the Omi Alliance while Daigo and 300 Tojo men work together to defuse the bombs to protect the city.

Majima defuses the last bomb using only his 'instincts'. Meanwhile at HQ, Sayama cracks the disc and discovers something shocking...

Amon Battle Bouncer Mission : LEGEND difficulty

You are about to embark on what is probably the HARDEST BOSS FIGHT in Ryu ga Gotoku history. It is recommended that you acquire ALL of Kiryu's abilities in your main playthrough, complete the game, start a Premium Adventure and purchase all the special end-bonus weapons from Kamiyama. Equip Kiryu with the 'Protection of The Dragon' armor set pieces and spam the Golden Pistol. Be cheap because the Amon Bros are the definition of cheap.

Now that KIWAMI 2 is officially released internationally, I hope this LEGENDS guide will help you clear the game in the hardest difficulty WITH EASE. Once again, I recommend completing the game on Normal (or Easy) difficulty, completing all substories and side activities, starting a Premium Adventure, Creating a separate save, and using the save data created from Premium Adventure to start your LEGENDS playthrough.

Last edited:
Tip: Visit the acupuncture clinic in Soutenbori to gain skills Kiryu learned from Kiwami 1. You'll need to frequently visit the clinic from time to time upon completing substories.

The EASIEST way to earn money is by playing Nightlife Island (Four Shine) in Soutenbori. You can farm as much money as you want as long as you meet the requirements by your customers. Assign the right hostess to the right patron, you'll be all set!

----
Game design difference #1. When you get to Chapter 4 in the original Yakuza 2, there are certain aspects of the chapter where you'll have to 'think outside the box' especially when you have to talk to the Mahjong Informant. Remember, always talk to Kurokawa (the purple suited thug that kisses up to Kiryu) so you won't have to pay a dime to the Informant when he asks for 300 grand:

In Kiwami 2 however, they've made it so that Kiryu realizes Esaki is hardballing him and decides to go to Kurokawa. In the original, you had the option to pay the guy 300 grand.

Game design difference #2
By far the most controversial at the time of its Japanese release, was the absence of Sinseicho - a third city featured in the original Yakuza 2. Sinseicho was based on Shinsekai and the Tsutenkaku tower.

Pro-tip: Every week you'll receive Kiwami Fun Packs which contain characters for Majima New Clan Creator as well as costumes for Kiryu which you can swap in Premium Adventure Mode (complete the game on your first playthrough). It's easy to farm money in Clan Creator but you can farm millions in Nightlife Island.

Minor game design difference:

When Kiryu and Sayama enter the Millennium Tower to meet with The Florist of Sai, there is a cutscene in the original Yakuza 2 that was removed in Kiwami 2.

Gameplay scenario difference:

At the beginning of Chapter 7, Kiryu and Date take the injured Kazuki and Kawara to Emoto's Clinic. In Kiwami 2, you can make your way through the underground theater (inaccessible in the original Yakuza 2) to avoid pedestrians and police.

Game design difference:

In Chapter 10, Kiryu, Sayama and Date have a discussion about Bessho and Kawara. In the original Yakuza 2, the cutscene takes place at the docks where Kiryu fought against the Shimano Family where he learned the truth about his parents. In Kiwami 2, the cutscene takes place at the rooftops right above Serena.

Game design difference: In addition to Chapter 10, when Kiryu and Takashi meet they're both having a drink in Kiwami 2 but in the original Yakuza 2 they're awkwardly standing inside Shellac.

Game scenario difference:

During the sweet montage where Kiryu and Sayama spend some quality time together in Soutenbori, there's a scene in the montage in the original Yakuza 2 that's missing in Kiwami 2. In the original, Kiryu and Sayama are at the pachislots. Kiryu loses his chance at the slot machines but Sayama gets all Lucky 7's. This scene is missing in Kiwami 2.

Last edited:
I managed to watch your streams a while back. It was very helpful. How do you beat the Amon bros?

You're gonna have to acquire a few items. I don't know what it's called in the localized English version but in Japanese its called Protection of the Dragon. You'll have to equip three items:
龍の瞳+龍のサラシ+龍神の加護

You'll need the Dragon's Eyes from the Ryujo Building north east of the batting center

The Dragon's binding - I think you acquire this from one of the hitman missions

Dragon Amulet - It's been a while since I played Kiwami 2 but I think you get this when you beat the hitman missions

Bring a ton of food, recovery items with you and get drunk before battle.

Top Bottom