• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley: Destiny 2 PC "coming soon", Sept 8 not confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
proof of this? i heard literally nothing about this.

It's in the press release

In September, Destiny 2 will be available on PlayStation®4 systems with additional, timed exclusive* content, and Xbox One (PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription, respectively, required for significant features). Additionally, Destiny 2 will be available on PC at retail and as the first third-party game to be offered digitally via Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment's online gaming service.

*Timed exclusive content until at least Fall 2018. More details to come this summer.

After the bullshit pulled with Nier where nobody acknowledged its existence for the longest time it's not hard to imagine the same thing might be happening with PC.

If Destiny 2 lands on PC at the end of September rather than the beginning, I'm totally fine with it, and I'd even applaud Bungie for putting in the time to provide a proper release.

If Destiny 2 releases months after the console versions, though, it'll take a huge sales hit. You've got to release the game while people are still excited about it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Game is months away and people go apeshit over this...

We'll know soon enough, not like it hurts to wait to buy it anyway.

The length of the delay is critical. I'm not opposed to a small delay as much as that pisses me off if it means the final product is somewhat better, but if you're telling me it's going to be November before I play Destiny 2 on PC? Lol no

Game is months away and people go apeshit over this...

We'll know soon enough, not like it hurts to wait to buy it anyway.

It's pretty shitty given that they said September 8th at the last reveal and never indicated that didn't include PC. They have clearly let everyone including retailers believe it released September 8 on all platforms.

The lack of personality isn't a big issue after the first 100 hours. Do they have cool power ups like in Borderlands? the ability to call mech's to fight with you, throw out sentries and improve them over time (second guns, sheilds, fire missles, ext)? Like beyond loot what else keeps you moving your level up, what improvements do you see?

Nope. It's all about the loot grind really. I think the personality in Destiny comes in the three classes and how each player uses their class / super ability. You can have 3 players all running a Warlock, but if each uses a different subclass they will each play differently and have their strengths / weaknesses for the activities. Case in point: running raids could either be incredibly easy or difficult based solely on players class / abilities choices.

Also, there's a lot of personality in the gear itself. Particularly in the exotics. The majority of them have very distinct looks, abilities and handling.

And to clarify: I played a ton of D1 and the loot grind became, well, a grind. I'm hoping D2 provides more of the activities promised with today's reveal. I never cared about having perfect roll shotguns or whatever. Just let me have fun and get cool stuff. Borderlands did a terrific job of that.

Toni

If Destiny 2 lands on PC at the end of September rather than the beginning, I'm totally fine with it, and I'd even applaud Bungie for putting in the time to provide a proper release.

If Destiny 2 releases months after the console versions, though, it'll take a huge sales hit
. You've got to release the game while people are still excited about it.

Destiny 2 wont be affected one bit by a late PC release though.

The install base from both PS4 and Xbox One has near trippled since 2013 and its the main source of sales from Destiny overall.

Destiny 1 sold 20 million copies without a PC version.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's pretty shitty given that they said September 8th at the last reveal and never indicated that didn't include PC. They have clearly let everyone including retailers believe it released September 8 on all platforms.

Well yeah but they never specifically said it wouldn't either..

We have no idea and like I said, I'm sure we'll know before we get close to release anyway.

Corpekata

Banned

The install base from both PS4 and Xbox One has near trippled since 2013 and its the main source of sales from Destiny overall.

Are you really not able to parse that he means the sales of the PC version?

opricnik

Banned

Yes but it still will be strong community.It is half blizzard game now.

Toni

Are you really not able to parse that he means the sales of the PC version?

End game is still the same tho?. Even if the PC version doesnt meet sales expectations, Bungie wont be phased after a 20 million selling first installment.

sense

Do people think Sony has sway over an activision game..... the more likely scenario is they are going to take a bit more time to make it a great release on the pc platform aka rockstar and also possibly get double dippers.

Floody

Be shitty if true and Bungie won't say. Hopefully the PC-PS4 cross-save thing ends up being true, at least then double-dippers won't have to grind for everything again.

dreamfall

Damn. I wonder if it's a window of exclusivity or they're just polishing it alongside the console versions and needs more time.

Be shitty if true and Bungie won't say. Hopefully the PC-PS4 cross-save thing ends up being true, at least then double-dippers won't have to grind for everything again.

No xbox cross play? they should have cross play with everything. How hard is it to have a save file online?

Floody

No xbox cross play? they should have cross play with everything. How hard is it to have a save file online?

Rumours just said PS4-PC, don't see why Xbox couldn't support it too though.

Edit: here's what the guy who correctly leaked the new sub-classes, weapon loadout system, 4v4 PvP and more said about it.
vcvc.png

I wouldn't mind a release on the following Tuesday. It'd only be a four day difference on the 12th. Launching across three platforms as big as they are would be hellish.

It sounds more like a "we're not sure if it can make September 8th, so we aren't committing" situation as opposed to "it's definitely not making September 8th and is much further off".

Rizific

I'm ok with that if it means we'll get a good and proper pc game out of it. Not gonna let hype get to me this time and settle for a console version. No fucking way.

Lingitiz

i wonder if it has anything to do with battlenet integration

Nah I don't think so. The PC version is not being developed in-house right? If they're being non-commital about the release date on PC it's somewhat normal. They won't really know if they can hit that date until the game is gold and locked on console, and then a lot of last minute optimization and platform specific polishing happens for PC. Same thing happened for MGSV where they expected a delay and then pushed the date up, or for Nier who's date came in super super last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom