• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kellyanne Conway on cuts to Medicaid: 'get a job.'

Future

You'd think that there would be enough voters out there that have had

- health problems, and seen insurance not able to cover it
- health problems, but full time job not giving benefits
- health problems, but have difficulty finding a job
- known someone with health problems, and has had one of the problems above

But nah let's continue voting in republicans that say this shit

My benefits suck since we're still a start up so I end up having to pay for my own.

Plz do tell me how I could do better than working 70+ hours a week, magic devil woman.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
"If you're poor or disabled, it's free, if you have a job, you or your employer will pay."

Doesn't sound like something the Republicans would want to run on usually.

So basically don't start your own business, work for someone who is a small business, and pray the company you do work for has decent health insurance options. I'm sure every able body person can do that.

I would think single payer insurance for all would actually stimulate job growth, as I imagine the thing keeping people from starting and growing small businesses is how to have and provide health insurance.

Kthulhu

Back then the people handled the situation so the shits with those nice advices get fucked.
Nobody is handling it this time.

Because we live in a democracy where we can vote these people out. Not a monarchy where revolution or regicide is the only option.

Sometimes i feel like people keep on voting Republicans because republican voters value religion, strict immigration, pro guns, pro life, "preserving their way of life" more than reality, science and facts, education, health, and safety. They don't see that it's against their own interests because they refuse to admit they are wrong.

I don't typically like to simplify my statements this much but my only real reaction is "what a stupid bitch" and I don't know if I like that.

MisterHero

People who have jobs still might not be able to cover their bills

they can't afford better training/school, they can't afford to get a better job, they can't get better coverage. God forbid they ever get a spouse, children, or a suitable home.

Sometimes i feel like people keep on voting Republicans because republican voters value religion, strict immigration, pro guns, pro life, "preserving their way of life" more than reality, science and facts, education, health, and safety. They don't see that it's against their own interests because they refuse to admit they are wrong.

Single issue voters are a real problem. They'd rather you cut off their arm to say at least you didn't cut off their hand.

Beartruck

Has anyone noticed how quickly she disappeared from the national media spotlight? She was everywhere for a while then it seemed like she was shuffled off.
Because she would constantly say stupid damaging shit like this. She also looks scary as fuck (like the job sucked her soul out).

Wamb0wneD

Because we live in a democracy where we can vote these people out. Not a monarchy where revolution or regicide is the only option.

The American democratic system has failed it's people. The popular vote doesn't mean shit and politicians became really good at exploiting the system with Gerrymandering, voting times and locations that make it hard for a certain group of people to even go voting and whatnot.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I never had a job with an employer-sponsored group plan until this year.
And the only reason the owner implemented it is that he thought we'd need it because Obamacare was going to be repealed.
So you're saying the GOP plan is working? 🤔

Not serious, but still... 😀

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

I grew up in bum-fuck Florida and I remember when me and my friends finally got into politics, most of them automatically aligned with the Republicans because everyone in their family was a Republican and that's what they were supposed to be. Nothing more than that.

Many of them still don't give 2 fucks about actual issues and the ones that do at least actually follow politics still vote Republican (even if they disagree) because they're lifelong "Republicans".

A lot of people treat politics like sports and cheer for the "team" they were taught to cheer for.

BajiBoxer

Banned
So basically don't start your own business, work for someone who is a small business, and pray the company you do work for has decent health insurance options. I'm sure every able body person can do that.

I would think single payer insurance for all would actually stimulate job growth, as I imagine the thing keeping people from starting and growing small businesses is how to have and provide health insurance.

Not sure about growth, but I have seen studies showing it allows more people to start their own businesses, and saves large businesses significant amounts of money per employee.

"This candidate will be my early death, but he also promised to keep brown people out"

As if good jobs (not crappy ones where you still struggle to make ends meet) are easy to find. I'd say even the crappy ones are hard to find because 100+ people apply to them.

Beartruck

I grew up in bum-fuck Florida and I remember when me and my friends finally got into politics, most of them automatically aligned with the Republicans because everyone in their family was a Republican and that's what they were supposed to be. Nothing more than that.

Many of them still don't give 2 fucks about actual issues and the ones that do at least actually follow politics still vote Republican (even if they disagree) because they're lifelong "Republicans".

A lot of people treat politics like sports and cheer for the "team" they were taught to cheer for.
Which is so dumb. The cubs won the world series last year, but they didn't use their new world series powers to destroy Chicago's public services (although, to be fair, the fans probably did in the ensuing 5 million man parade).

Sophia

Sure which I knew the magic secret that Kellyanne Conway knows regarding getting a job so I can cover my health bills, living, food, and everything else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(All I'll say is that my disability prevented me from working one of the last three jobs, and I was denied after being interviewed for the other two. I suspect I may have been discriminated against for one of the two, but have no way of proving it. So yeah... )

Kthulhu

The American democratic system has failed it's people. The popular vote doesn't mean shit and politicians became really good at exploiting the system with Gerrymandering, voting times and locations that make it hard for a certain group of people to even go voting and whatnot.

If that's what you call failure, then the system didn't fail, it gave the American people exactly what they wanted.

So when are you guys going to rise up and have a revolution?

Can't you see, we CAN'T. That would make us the bad guys and its inhumane to fight back, even if its for a just reason. He have to meet them half-way and coddle them, or else we're be as bad as they are, or some bullshit like that.

Meh, If I had my way, I'd send them ALL hurdling into the sun. No fucks given, and the world might just be a better place because of it!

EDIT: Also, if they thought that assassination attempt at the baseball game practice was bad, a WHOLE lot of people hurting, getting desperate as fuck and going off the edge will result in something FAR WORSE. I've said this before, you can push a man so far, even when it comes to his healthcare, but when you fuck with their family (significant other and children), shit's gonna hit the fan. And, if the Repubicans were decent human beings, this would not even be an option. When you treat human beings like shit, you are responsible for the monsters you create. Makes me scared of what's to come.

"This candidate will be my early death, but he also promised to keep brown people out"

I live in Houston and working with a lot of people who voted Trump(diverse group with whites, hispanics lots of em
sabu.png
, old black guy
francis.png
that i heard once said muslims has no place in this country
mjlol.png
, vietnamese, Filipinos) and I'm kinda wishing i get in a poli debate against them. Because i like my chances. Fuck them tbh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Despicable.

Let me be clear:

The rich WANT the poor to die off. They do. They just want them all dead.

120v

ironic thing is even with a full time job "with benefits" you're still paying out the ass in most cases. last time i went to an E.R. i just paid in cash

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So you're saying the GOP plan is working? 🤔

Not serious, but still... 😀

Like I said, employer-sponsored plans are heavily subsidized. It just comes in the form of lost tax revenue instead of budget items.
Republicans have a huge problem with one but not the other, which I personally find strange.

Standing in line, marking time
Waiting for the welfare dime
'Cause they can't buy a job
The man in the silk suit hurries by
As he catches the poor old ladies' eyes
Just for fun he says, "get a job"
That's just the way it is
Some things will never change

shiba5

My husband has a very good job (large company) with employee health insurance. Our deductible was $6000 a year for just the two of us, and they only offered HSA plans. I can't imagine how high it will go once this shit bill passes.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Not sure why any of you are surprised. This has been the de facto GOP stance for decades.

kswiston

Too bad no one is putting a stop to the increase of contract and gig jobs over the pension-track positions that all of these 60-75 year olds passing legislation grew up with as the norm.

old

2 big things

1. Not what the campaign promised. "We will take care of everybody" is now "get a job."

2. Shows glorious ignorance of today's job market. Many low paying jobs don't offer health benefits and many middle class jobs are switching to independent contractor positions that too do not provide health benefits.

E-Cat

For me, it's sort of fascinating to look at US politics like an explorer of some ancient culture, but it must really suck for the people getting affected. So surreal, can't imagine.

Their fear of God, minorities and people who aren't heterosexual trumps any reason or logic. As long as Republicans continue to tell them that they matter more without actually showing it, they justify their vote

About 20% of the county is on medicaid.

Unemployment rate (thanks Obama) under 5%.

They have jobs. And a lot of people on medicaid are elderly in nursing homes (like my grandmother).

Shaanyboi

Banned
The complete inability of Republican voters to see how their choice will bury them in the long run must be a mental disorder at this point.

This is something I vehemently disagree with Republicans on, employer based health insurance is incredibly inefficient and overall usually shitty, I don't like it.

Eat ALL the dicks, you spineless cunt.

I'm so fucking tired of republicans saying this same
Shit over and over. "GET A JOB!" Most of us have jobs and they don't provide healthcare. But no, in fucking bizzaro world that these fucks live in, the only reason you don't have something did because you're lazy or poor. Fuck off.

Top Bottom