• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kellyanne Conway on cuts to Medicaid: 'get a job.'

Aselith

but I have a job.
and they don't offer medical unless I get a promotion.

luckily I get it through my wife's work but still I don't think I have ever worked a part time job that offers medical, you have to at least be full time and even then it tends to be very basic health coverage.

Guess what their number two punch is...?

Get a better one

Hastati

Ah, the Let Them Eat Cake tactic. Kellyanne Conman and Co. know their history, that same approach worked so well for Marie-Antoinette after all.

Edit: later than Trump's tax returns

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This is not just the sentiment of Kellyanne Conway alone but most of the Beltway. Fuck people, how can we and our donors get this money.

This nation is on its way down the toilet, circling the drain.

Wow, you actually survived that epic thrashing you took in the Trump/Sanders tweet thread.
Keep fucking that "both sides" chicken, breh.

Nydius

Guess what their number two punch is...?

Get a better one

Their other number two punch:

Get a second job and buy individual insurance on the open market.

Which they conveniently forget to mention is absurdly expensive and often extremely rigged against people trying to buy into it.

Tigress

I thought republicans were all about helping the small businessman. This makes it harder for small business to compete cause they can't really work good deals for health insurance and is harder on them. And encourages all business to hire part time or in ways hey can avoid giving benefits.

Putting the onus of health insurance on businesses supplying it for their employees is not business friendly.

So even by their own "values" (business friendly) this is a stupid way of expecting people to get their health insurance.

Jetman

I don't necessary oppose to what she say... if US employers are mandated to give full benefits to their workers

US employers will specifically cut hours of employees to below Full-Time to avoid it. They'll hire a whole slew of Part-Time workers. Saw them do it to one of my exes a few years back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You do realize Trump's base is dwindling considerably?

Is it? His approval rating is heading down, but if he makes it to 2020 they will vote for him again. They will vote for whoever has an R next to their name. They want their team to win.

So why are these people usually so anti abortion? So much compation for the unborn, so much fuck you to all the rest.

"They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked."

How I wish George Carlin were still alive.

So a baby orphaned at an early age, no guardians, with a heart defect? He should pull up his boot straps and go out and get a job, to pay for his over $1 million dollars a year surgery.

I don't think they are. They aren't losing any voters over this.

That's not strictly true. Some of their voters will die without access to healthcare...Sure it might take a few years, but if they pass the healthcare 'reforms' they want, they'll start dropping like flies.

Sucks for those that voted for the greater good and will end up suffering too, but progress isn't achieved without sacrifice.

Vagabundo

Is it? His approval rating is heading down, but if he makes it to 2020 they will vote for him again. They will vote for whoever has an R next to their name. They want their team to win.

Trump won by the slimmest of margins. A couple of thousand people in a few key areas and it would have been Clintons. Also his base has sifted from strongly approve to just approve.

Obviously there is a long time to go and that could turn around, but if the election was held today I'd bet good money he would lose.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Trump won by the slimmest of margins. A couple of thousand people in a few key areas and it would have been Clintons. Also his base has sifted from strongly approve to just approve.

Obviously there is a long time to go and that could turn around, but if the election was held today I'd bet good money he would lose.

He probably would lose, but it wouldn't be because his base didn't vote for him. He'd lose because the lazy swine who stayed at home would actually come out and vote against him this time.

Tigress

US employers will specifically cut hours of employees to below Full-Time to avoid it. They'll hire a whole slew of Part-Time workers. Saw them do it to one of my exes a few years back.

It's what my job does. Even went out of the way to rename managers a year or two back so they could cut their hours too and reduce benefit pay there. Very few people at my job other than managers (our store was considered busy enough they didn't do it so much to our managers) get full time hours and the managers still have to take some hours they are given to budget for associates to manage to get full time. Hell, most of us don't even get close to full time hours.

It's what my job does. Even went out of the way to rename managers a year or two back so they could cut their hours too and reduce benefit pay there. Very few people at my job other than managers (our store was considered busy enough they didn't do it so much to our managers) get full time hours and the managers still have to take some hours they are given to budget for associates to manage to get full time. Hell, most of us don't even get close to full time hours.

The best part is that in a lot of places, they don't even have to tell you. You just get told, hey you are only going to do this many hours from now on.

McLovin

You hear that people with pre-existing conditions, children, and elderly. Just get a job with benefits, its easy!

My job pays me in "units" as apposed to hours. Its roughly 3 hrs to 1 unit. On the paycheck the put the units in the hours section and they inflate the hourly rate to compensate. So even though the pay is ok, it says something like 15 hrs. I've been there for 13 years and I still don't have benefits. I'm actually leaving this year.

tanooki27

i live in the united states. I consider myself a liberal. but for the past few years, something in my head has gotten cold. it's directed solely at myself - and the thought is "If you produce nothing, why should you expect society to care one iota for you? If you can't get it together enough to contribute eight hours, don't you deserve to fade away?"

it's like - we have this society. no one asked to be born. and we have choices. we can die. there are ways to make that happen, both direct and indirect. but we've got this society, and we're here and if we want to live we've got to abide by its rules. and if for some reason we can't - well, take a look back at human history. it seems that even god does not pity those who can't do for themselves, let alone man.

it's a fatalistic viewpoint but it's getting tougher and tougher to distance myself from this bitter feeling. does anyone else have thoughts like these? how do you deal with them?

Gattsu25

Banned
i live in the united states. I consider myself a liberal. but for the past few years, something in my head has gotten cold. it's directed solely at myself - and the thought is "If you produce nothing, why should you expect society to care one iota for you? If you can't get it together enough to contribute eight hours, don't you deserve to fade away?"

it's like - we have this society. no one asked to be born. and we have choices. we can die. there are ways to make that happen, both direct and indirect. but we've got this society, and we're here and if we want to live we've got to abide by its rules. and if for some reason we can't - well, take a look back at human history. it seems that even god does not pity those who can't do for themselves, let alone man.

it's a fatalistic viewpoint but it's getting tougher and tougher to distance myself from this bitter feeling. does anyone else have thoughts like these? how do you deal with them?
It sounds like feelings of depression filtered through a nihilistic worldview.

tanooki27

It sounds like feelings of depression filtered through a nihilistic worldview.

well, I agree. when this feeling sweeps over me, it's definitely not pleasant. and yes, pretty sure I'm depressed. do you ever get thoughts like that, though? if not, what buffers against thoughts like those?

No, I don't blame people for not contributing 8 hours when employers won't even give people that option.

We spend trillions of dollars on our military, take a billion or so and put that towards helping Americans instead of using that money to bomb innocent civilians

tanooki27

No, I don't blame people for not contributing 8 hours when employers won't even give people that option.

We spend trillions of dollars on our military, take a billion or so and put that towards helping Americans instead of using that money to bomb innocent civilians

fully agreed. but I don't think I've ever heard someone in power even suggest such a thing. it's disheartening. I only read about redistribution online. the ACA had some redistribution - SOME - and even that was way too much for people. look at what they're doing now.

That's not strictly true.
I am not politically saavy and hope you lot are right about this. I've just lost any amount of faith I had in Americans the past year. Winning seems too easy for the rightwing corporate party. Icing to the cake, I'm Black. Racial pessimism is through the roof for me.
He probably would lose, but it wouldn't be because his base didn't vote for him. He'd lose because the lazy swine who stayed at home would actually come out and vote against him this time.
Yes. The base is going nowhere, which is gross as hell. I'm going to egg all of my friends and family who sat out. I can't believe we had to nearly bully a relative into voting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tw99M6s.jpg

ZLsokFf.jpg

Top Bottom