• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major Drunken League SNES Baseball

I have 3 games for my SNES
Super Mario world
A link to the past
And ken Griffey Jr.

Played recently with my brother and the games holds up damn well.

gnomed

How do we get this far without mentioning NHL '94? Tecmo Superbowl?

Also, I'd still take Baseball Stars over Griffey any day of the week.
Hell hath no fury...

Sega World Series Baseball or RBI Baseball still best for me. But Ken Griffey still good.

Get'sMad

never understood why people liked Winning Run better than this

GOAT SNES sports game

all hitting dingers with Tom Verlaine and Johnny Thunders on the Mets

Are those fingers or millimeters OP?

Gonna be dead by the 3rd inning.

Small swigs/generous sips will do. Consider the rules as guidelines. Feel free to reduce/increase/swap the amount of intake per rule. You can add/exclude rules, play a 5 inning game etc.

In general though if you and your opponent know how to play you'll be fine with one full game.

I'm going to be honest, the lack of licensed MLB players turned me off even as a kid.

I played a lot more Tecmo Super Baseball and then the GOAT of baseball games pre-The Show, World Series Baseball '98, than any of the Griffey games.

And Madden '92, NHL '95, Fight Night, Punch-out, Mario Soccer and Golf, NFL Blitz, Daytona USA, No Mercy, Super Dodgeball, NBA Jam...
And Super Spike V'ball in the NES. Always Super Spike V'ball. Also Beach Spikers on the GC.
It also blows my mind that Rare developed Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run.

Completely forgot about that.
Tried so hard to like Winning Run but it pales in comparison to the original Ken Griffey. Also liked the N64 version. MVP NCAA Baseball also ranks high on my short list of great console baseball games.

Brunire

A few months later, wonder if anyone played this and lived to tell the tale?

I played with my brother and cousin. Playing 1v1 was getting ugly fast (especially with a semi-low tolerance), so after one game we switched to passing the controller back and forth vs the computer. Modified the rules a bit but it worked out nicely and was very fun.

Still greatest baseball game of all-time.

I played with my brother and cousin. Playing 1v1 was getting ugly fast (especially with a semi-low tolerance), so after one game we switched to passing the controller back and forth vs the computer. Modified the rules a bit but it worked out nicely and was very fun.

Still greatest baseball game of all-time.

Glad ya had fun.

Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run was better than most baseball games, except for this one.

Yeah, agreed.

Top Bottom