• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar: The Heart Part 4 - Single

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
He directly name drops Jay Z tho

and mentions a Nets game

Is he going at jay

for real?

🤔

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The King, has returned.

robotrock

Banned
Do people actually care about rap beef? Like why would Kendrick go after Jay Z and Drake when he's obviously so much better than them?

FZZ

Banned
That second verse was directed at Jay?

I mean idk, prolly not

I misheard next game as nets game

"whole jay z hall of fame go sit your punk ass down/so that means you aint bigger than rapping/so that means no playing in backseats/my spot is solidified"

is direct tho

cordy

Banned
He directly name drops Jay Z tho

and mentions a Nets game

Is he going at jay

for real?

��

Nah he was giving props to Jay all through the track and considers him the best in the game like Jay considers himself the best. He solidifies this at the end when he said "rappers got until April 7th to get yall shit together" which is similar to when Jay ended "Show Me What You Got" with "yall got less than 2 months to get y'all thing together."

robotrock

Banned
Rap disses are often way too lame for my ears but I like a good honest and heartfelt message of encouragement towards another rapper. Kendrick mentioning that Killer Mike should be platinum is a god tier TPAB moment.

"I prophesied on my last song, you laughed at me"

oh my god.

Sounds like a diss track but I can't really figure out who, don't think it's anyone in particular.

Goldboy

Rap disses are often way too lame for my ears but I like a good honest and heartfelt message of encouragement towards another rapper. Kendrick mentioning that Killer Mike should be platinum is a god tier TPAB moment.

Lol, that's actually my favorite line on all of TPAB.

robotrock

Banned
Why can't people just make a whole rap song on like one beat anymore? It's infuriating. There was the song on the last kendrick thing about levitating which had a cool beat and then transitioned into another cool beat, but I don't know why they aren't just two separate songs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My immediate thought was Drake since he just dropped an album.

But I think he's going at Big Sean.
Why the fuck would he waste time taking shots at a pleb like Sean? If Kenny is going to take shots it's at a big fish.

Why can't people just make a whole rap song on like one beat anymore? It's infuriating. There was the song on the last kendrick thing about levitating which had a cool beat and then transitioned into another cool beat, but I don't know why they aren't just two separate songs.

Cant say I feel the same. I love rap progressive music. See Mos Def's song Brooklyn.

Kaelan

Bro the fucking beat switch!! Shit is fucking fire. Great month for music and now we got kendrick man... we eating fam

LotusHD

Banned

Can't say I agree

I know what you mean. There's quite a lot of it about that seems like it's there for just some sort of impact but most of the time there isn't.

However, Kendrick's beat switch in 'U' is like the centrepiece of the album.

robotrock

Banned
Cant say I feel the same. I love rap progressive music. See Mos Def's song Brooklyn.

Can't say I agree

I agree with both of you actually

I know what you mean. There's quite a lot of it about that seems like it's there for just some sort of impact but most of the time there isn't.

However, Kendrick's beat switch in 'U' is like the centrepiece of the album.

Yup this.

also sing about me -> dying of thirst is the greatest thing kendrick has done. might be overselling it a bunch but man it's good

I agree with both of you actually

Yup this.

also sing about me -> dying of thirst is the greatest thing kendrick has done. might be overselling it a bunch but man it's good

The beat switch on Art of Peer Pressure always gets to me.

Sounds like some Aphex Twin Windowlicker shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom