• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC secret recipe potentially revealed by the Colonel's nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.
A skillet kind of like this:
T1LVR9W.jpg

With about 2/3rds of an inch of oil - the chicken breasts were half submerged, then flipped over.

Fuck yeah brother! Is there a Cast Iron GAF? I got one about a month and a half ago and while I LOVE it I would really like to be able to get pointers for care and cooking from other folks with one.

For example I tried to make breaded chicken strips a week ago and even with the flame set to low I still somehow managed to burn the everloving shit out of my chicken.

Pickman

Made it last night with chicken cutlets that I trimmed down into tenders.

Reduced the white pepper to 2.5 tbsp and the paprika to 3 tbsp.

Egg wash was 2 eggs and about 1/4 cup of buttermilk beaten like I was Ivan Drago.

Vegetable oil to ~340 made them crispy, but could have gone crispier I think. Will try at 350 next time.

Was absolutely divine. Nailed that colonel taste.

longdi

Banned
Would this work with an air fryer? I hate oil frying things, the clean up is a big job and stinks up my place.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Tried this last night. It has hints of the KFC taste but it's clearly not the modern recipe we're used to.

I think I slightly over breaded the chicken but it was def tasty.

Pan fried it on the stove top until golden then finished in oven at 350* for 20 minutes.
CwiVIm8UcAAdkay

slit

Tried this last night. It has hints of the KFC taste but it's clearly not the modern recipe we're used to.

I think I slightly over breaded the chicken but it was def tasty.

Pan fried it on the stove top until golden then finished in oven at 350* for 20 minutes.

You're probably not going to get it to taste exactly like KFC anyway unless you have a large pressure fryer, which are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom