• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3: Sephiroth boss return still being deliberated, devs fear it might be redundant

KH2!Sephiroth was such a letdown in comparison to KH1!Sephiroth, so I'm here for more redundancy for him to reclaim his Vaguely Intimidating Bonus Boss status.

I don't think it matters if we fight Sephiroth, I would prefer if we didn't. HOWEVER I need a secret boss that is like Sephiroth and just fucking destroys me the first time I fight them

Yeesss to this. I'm also trying to remember how many secret bosses have been dudes in black cloaks, but there is at least two I can think of.

...I guess Sephiroth was a dude in black coat...

I mean... don't they have to resolve Cloud's story arc?

Yeah, along with Zack and Sephiroth's feather, etc.

Poppy

no one in the entire world cares about seymour guado, his dead aeon mom is the only cool thing about him

and i guess the music for the battle with seymour omnis but that fight is so piss easy it doesnt even deserve it

Blobbers

Sora, Goofy, Donald and Mickey find themselves in a hidden, dark cave
sudfdenly a voice from the shadows

"Ohhhhh... I'd recognize the stench of a king anywhere"

Ardyn appears and as he leaps Magna Insomnia starts blaring as the ultimate 4-on-1 superboss battle commences

silva1991

Anyone who thinks this game won't have at least 5, maybe 10+ optional bosses is ridiculous.

KH2 only had two for people outside of Japan which is less than what people got in KH1.

Wouldn't surprise me if KH2 will have less than 5 optional bosses.

edit: actually was Lingering Will even in the original non FM release? if not, then that means OG KH2 only had one secret boss....

_Nemo

Sora, Goofy, Donald and Mickey find themselves in a hidden, dark cave
sudfdenly a voice from the shadows

"Ohhhhh... I'd recognize the stench of a king anywhere"

Ardyn appears and as he leaps Magna Insomnia starts blaring as the ultimate 4-on-1 superboss battle commences

Then Seph comes and pushes him off a cliff as the real battle finally begins.

Kinsei

Banned
KH2 only had two for people outside of Japan which is less than what people got in KH1.

edit: actually was Lingering Will even in the original non FM release? if not, then that means OG KH2 only had one secret boss....

Lingering Will is 2FM exclusive. Sephiroth is the only super boss in vanilla KH2.

Toxi

Banned
Darth Vader as the secret boss would be, uh, something. He doesn't really fit the super agile, flashy style of KH so I don't know they'd make him challenging without looking incredibly dumb. This is the one place where the prequel style Jedi fights might actually be better. Yoda vs Mickey?
You don't really have to add flashy flips or anime runs to make Darth Vader work as a boss in Kingdom Hearts. In the original trilogy he chucked his light saber like a boomerang, blocked blaster bolts with his bare hands, and could leap/fly great distances. Just take his conservative swordfighting style and ramp it up, like Star Wars Rebels did.

Mit-

Make it a two stage boss with his final form. Make him sport an updated Dissidia or Remake look. I'd be very about it.

That would actually be the entire point of using him. In all the flashy, speedy combat, you put in Darth Vader who is the antithesis to that. He is measured. In control. And you give him a moveset to control the battlefield. Let him shut Sora down if he tries being flashy. Attack from afar with magic? It's reflected. Jump at him with some flashy move? Grabbed with the Force and tossed aside. The only way to win is to play how he wants. In melee. On the ground. And your parry game had better be on point because against the Dark Lord of the Sith... it's all you have.

Of course, after you hit that first combo, he'll do his "Impressive. Most impressive." line and get serious. Congrats, you made Darth Vader take you seriously! Oh, right. That's probably bad. I'd imagine his style would more or less be one of constant melee pressure. Just a straight up swordfight. Vader doesn't do fancy. Naturally, if you run, he'll throw the lightsaber for a one-hit KO.

It's telling that when he fought Ahsoka in Star Wars Rebels, he took control of the fight and forced her to fight his fight, instead of the more acrobatic way she usually fights. I'd take most of his moveset from that fight, to be honest.

That sounds extremely frustrating.

I love it.

I'd be down for another Seph fight as long as Sora's the guy who gets to actually kick his ass. Them retconning in that Cloud has to be the one to defeat him was shitty, I liked that Sora just went in on him in the original KH (before Final Mix).

13ruce

Banned

I think KH3's final mix will atleast be dlc content this time around no point in releasing that way later now in the west. So if we only have a couple of secret bosses expect alot more later in the final mix dlc.

Or atleast that's what i hope if they do final mix i ain't gonna wait years again for those versions here in the west:p would be insane tho if they do the seperate release again in Japan tho even while dlc is a thing nowadays.

Mit-

Just watched the KHII Sephiroth ending and it'd be a shame if they didn't resolve the Light/Dark Kingdom Hearts mashup story they were crafting.

It'll be weird though--the original FFVII costumes are gonna be back in style/relevant, whereas they already jumped into the future with all the trash ass Advent Children designs.

Parfait

Lightning, the Soldier.
Lightning, the Goddess.
Lightning, the Savior.

With one theme each from each game remixed by Yoko Shimomura.

MGJXx1x.gif

I loved the Sephiroth fights so bring him back. You can have more than one secret boss. Give me Grabranth too, just because his armor is amazing.

Keinning

Sephiroth was always lame, since VII
Search it in your heart, you know it is true

Secret boss should be the spirit of Walt Disney, god knows the man had a terribly dark side to himself

TheCed

Plot Twist :
Sephiroth is the Heartless
Cloud is the Nobody

Lightning is the Somebody !!!

But seriously, we want to finish this story.
Even if there is no boss, we want to see a conclusion to this mini story.

TuXx

Eh, why not?

Winnie the Pooh and Sephiroth are basically staples for the series.

After this trilogy is over, then try something new.

Didn't KHII introduce a plot for Sephiroth with Cloud?

It would seem weird to drop it now.
That "plot" is literally the worst garbage ever put on a videogame.

There is nothing to resolve. Nobody is on the edge of their seat to see Cloud beat Sephy. The way they handled them in KH2 was such a trainwreck it should be kept buried.

McNum

That sounds extremely frustrating.

I love it.
Well compared to superbosses who replace the commands in your menu with instant death, or cast Cure when you do, or has all kinds of stupid OP things that break one rule or another, it'd be fun to have a superboss that's just completely honest. Vader will not throw any fancy stuff at you, but... he will shut any and all of your fancy stuff right down, too. Blade to blade. One on one.

Of course, the reward for beating him should be a lightsaber keychain for the Keyblade. I mean, duh. What else?

Also, Vader would be kind of thematic for Kingdom Hearts, anyway. I mean a story about a grand battle between the Light and the Dark? Vader has opinions on that!

Malyse

Actually I changed my mind.
Code:
[IMG]http://img07.deviantart.net/31e0/i/2013/068/a/6/wip__kh__sora_meets_gilgamesh_by_angel_wing101-d5xjfj2.png[/IMG]

I really hope they get some secret bosses in the game. This KH game is sounding light on content if there's going to be less worlds and they haven't decided on optional super boss fights. I hope there not cutting corners and gonna slam this game with DLC because they cant get it out in a timely fashion.

Malyse

This is actually not a bad idea, although I can't see Disney allowing a teen paired up with Goofy and Donald to best Vader in combat.

You don't understand how hands off Disney is with this series then. Nomura has pretty free reign to do what he wants; they've never rejected any of his suggestions.

OK, so imagine, you finally finish the tournament fights. Next time you talk to Phil he's like "So, I know you two have a little history by now and I didn't want it to be boring, but uh, this time he brought friends".

Select the newly available "Infinity Match".

You get teleported to a rock floating in space. A giant throne is before you. In front of the throne stands; a man in black armour, breathing through a respirator; a purple skinned humanoid with a golden gauntlet; a man dressed in black wielding a sword of unreasonable size.

Do you have the skill to take on Vader, Thanos and Sephiroth all at once?

Top Bottom