• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Heart Forth Alicia, 2D Metroidvania (W/M/L/PS4/PSV) WiiU@$200k 3DS@$245k

VariantX

New update

#46 PSX2016 Report, Development Updates & Juicy GIFs!

Some quick bullet points:

-Wii U port is still happening
-Switch is probably an eventuality
-Game runs at 16:9 instead of 15:9 aspect ratio now since they never hit the 3DS goal during the kickstarter campaign

There's a couple of nice gifs of gameplay and a look at some of their development tools at the link above

chLhF72.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So glad this is still happening, I backed it way back when. The dev posts regular stuff on Twitter so I've never been too worried but its always good to get confirmation

jonno394

New update

#46 PSX2016 Report, Development Updates & Juicy GIFs!

Some quick bullet points:

-Wii U port is still happening
-Switch is probably an eventuality
-Game runs at 16:9 instead of 15:9 aspect ratio now since they never hit the 3DS goal during the kickstarter campaign

There's a couple of nice gifs of gameplay and a look at some of their development tools at the link above

chLhF72.gif

Never heard of this game until today. Nice to know it might come to switch as it looks and sounds great.

Psxphile

Backer Update #47 - Happy Birthday Edition

Bucking tradition, Alonso has gifted us instead with an extensive look at what they've got cooking. Click the link for all the improvements the HFA team have made to the game in order to make it more player-friendly while also still providing a good challenge for the hardcore lot. Also news on the new Alpha demo for qualifying backers.

And gifs so huge it would be irresponsible to embed them here.

Just got the update in my email. Downloaded the demo but I haven't been able to try it.

Looking forward to reading impressions here. I hope it's compatible with Xbox 360 controller.

This looks really cool, never heard of this before. Already disappointed to hear that it'll be released "well into 2018" at the earliest. Also surprising that it's still coming to Wii U. Will it be the last Wii U game? I gotta wonder if the Wii U eShop will even be up by the time it releases.

FranF

Banned
Reminds me so much of the Momodora games in tone, I see it as a spiritual sister. And the graphics are beautiful, I'm sure a lot of love has been put into the game in these 10 years. Can't wait!

Koren

This looks really cool, never heard of this before. Already disappointed to hear that it'll be released "well into 2018" at the earliest. Also surprising that it's still coming to Wii U. Will it be the last Wii U game? I gotta wonder if the Wii U eShop will even be up by the time it releases.
Well, they offered it on Wii U, it's hard to say "we're late, so we ditched the Wii U version". They're a bunch of honest and enthousiast folks.

I wonder if they'll do a new poll for platforms for backers. I think I have something like Wii U + Vita + PC, that may not be the most convenient solution. I'd welcome it on Switch.

I mean it's only a matter of time before they have to move Wii U development to Switch out of market necessity at this point.

That said I had Wii U + Vita tier.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I would gladly see them scrap a WiiU version if it meant bringing the game to Switch. The WiiU's corpse has been in the corner for so long, it's already been home to three families of mice.

VariantX

I just want to like somehow inject this game's soundtrack into my veins if possible.

That demo made the wait for the full thing all that much more difficult.

I backed for wiiu and then further funded to help get the 3ds goal

They didn't

So I was gonna give away a pc code

Then I got a vita

And now I don't want the game on wiiu

So if a switch version doesn't happen I'll get the game on vita and pc.

Funny how life works

Lain

I liked the demo. Responsive, well animated, fun. I died like a moron with the... boss? during the trial. I want to blame me playing on the keyboard but I dunno. Super excited for 2018 though.

I don't understand why someone would make a 2D platform type game in 2017 that you can't control with the D-Pad. Is there some trick I'm missing to binding it?

AlonsoMartin

Neo Member
We're working on releasing a patch within the next couple of days to fix some gamepad issues people were having, including the d-pad issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also, thanks for keeping this thread alive!

Koren

We're working on releasing a patch within the next couple of days to fix some gamepad issues people were having, including the d-pad issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also, thanks for keeping this thread alive!
Hey, that's great to have news directly from the boss...

Happy backer here, though I've carefully avoided any build so that I can enjoy the game as you envisioned it when it's done. But I'd like to take this chance to thank you (and all the team) for all this work and the updates. I'm glad you can bring this to fruition, and it looks great (and I'm sure it plays great too). But don't waste your health on this ;)

Teppic

Haven't played this in wait for the full thing. As long as the intention is to get it made I don't really care how long it takes, or even if it ends up not being completed in the end. I don't understand people who are inpatient or angry when things fall apart when it's clear the developers did their best to get it made. Not that I've seen a lot of it in this project, just usually how things are on Kickstarter. Take care of your health first and make the game when you're feeling better.

Honestly, when I first saw HFA on Twitter in 2015, I got a Vita. It was one of the game's that sold me on the system (which has gotten a ton of love from me since then). Even if it's 2019, this game is part of my destiny. I can't wait to finally play it. What a long awaited joy.

AlonsoMartin

Neo Member
Sorry for the really delayed response. We had a big earthquake on the 19th that left me without power for 8 days and showed me how fragile everything is. Everyone I know is fine, in case you're wondering.

We uploaded a patch to the Backer's Club site with most of the reported gamepad issues fixed. It seems one or two buttons in some Logitech gamepads cannot be mapped, so we'll look into that.

To download it, head to the Backer's Club by clicking here.

Here's a quick list of fixes for this release:

All-Backers Demo 7.5.9w
-Gamepad dpad mapping fix
-Keyboard mapping issue fix
-Inverted gamepad A/B button fix
-Icon support for ps4 buttons
-UI gamepad fix
-Black circle transitions didn't work
-Sound/Music sliders fix
-Block push fix
-Other small changes & fixes

Top Bottom