• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread - 2015 - Making promising projects a reality...again

Hesemonni

Banned
Hyper Light Drifter is doing a cross-over with Starr Mazer
Vqed9bQ.jpg
Holy shit the game looks awesome. Shame about them not reaching the PS4 or Vita stretch goals.

This should be one for Shahid and his team :p

Project Scissors: Nightcry and This Is The Police both got funded. Haven't seen this many successful campaigns in a month in a while. That's 16 funded campaigns in February, and those are only the ones posted about in this thread.

Anybody have any applicable spidey sense on this weird ZRRO thing?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1623845638/zrro-touch-your-tv-from-the-couch/description

I can't think of any of the gaming-aimed Android things taking quite this route on it, and I guess if it actually worked in full that'd be quite a feat indeed considering?
Seems pretty...idk, silly? Play your touch screen games by not touching the screen. How does that improve the experience in any way? Okay, maybe it's innovative but it doesn't make any sense.

Like don't get me wrong, I play a lot of games on my iPad and phone, but it's still less comfortable and precise than a controller. I can only imagine that not touching the screen at all, no feedback at all, would make for a worse gaming experience.

Ending Soon
Added to Ongoing

Unraveled
An adventure, an RPG, a platformer, an interactive story — the story of a little girl whose family has gone missing at a ship breaking yard. Based on real events, Unraveled takes you through a child’s imagination as she seeks out her parents.
637x358.resizedimage

Clive -N- Wrench
Join Clive 'N' Wrench in their 3D platforming, time travelling adventure to thwart the evil Dr Daucus and save the world!
637x358.resizedimage

Albert & Otto
A 2D physics platformer requiring the player to control both Albert and his magical bunny Otto in order to solve puzzles.
637x358.resizedimage

Cadence
Cadence is an open-ended puzzle game that empowers players to create real musical experiences.
build-2014-08-25-15-21-09-29-640x360.png

Added to Upcoming

FreezeME - "coming soon"
FreezeME is a A 3D platformer in the style of the N64-era but wait there is a twist! “R” the main character, has one special tool – the camera around her neck. This camera allows her to literally freeze the objects she photographs.
iNQj4RVWKtKaN.gif

Added to Ongoing

Icy
Icy is a survival RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world witnessing a new Ice Age.
QCAPrW8.jpg

Yup, backed five new projects and I don't have a job.

One of them was my friends.
And it's not even March yet, where we're getting Kickstarters for a cyberpunk cinematic platformer, another 3D platformer, and an UE4 sci-fi action game

---

Added to Ongoing

Adopted
A single player, first-person exploration game in which you play as a dog thrust into a world of human problems
CtAJM6Z.jpg

Glitch Warrior
A retro action game where glitching out the world is your greatest power! Manipulate spawning and variables to bend the rules.
YrOoGJ9.jpg

Toejam and Earl: Back In the Groove
Toejam and Earl is finally back! We're goin' indie, and old skool like GAME ONE, with a fun retro-comics style, and plenty of funk!
cTScYla.jpg

CrossCode
A retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future. Meet Lea as she logs into an MMO of the distant future. Follow her steps as she discovers a vast world, meets other players and overcomes all the challenges of the game.
20150224074013-shizuka-special.gif

titch

Yeah indies are ace :) head on over to the indies monthly thread - some links to cracking games that have just been released.

Added to Ongoing

Slain!
Our homage to the gory hack and slash games of the 80's and 90's.
Bathoryn must battle his way through a doomed land packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) each tower, defeating puzzles, traps and monsters alike.

KNvb7xN.jpg

draetenth

I was looking at Icy and CrossCode thinking I might back them and noticed they were on Indiegogo. I've never used it before... It works just like Kickstarter right?

I was looking at Icy and CrossCode thinking I might back them and noticed they were on Indiegogo. I've never used it before... It works just like Kickstarter right?
Yeah, it's just another crowdfunding site. Gods Will Be Watching, Darkwood, Factorio, and Sword of the Stars: The Pit were funded with Indiegogo

IndieGoGo actually has a few pros over KS, just like KS has a few pros over IGG (namely name recognition).

JC Sera

I know kickstarter has at least once stepped out of a project with hate content, while indiegogo has refused. Can't think of any other differences aside from the funding model. It comes across as less regulated and moderated, but I'm not sure if thats true or not.

Added to Ongoing

Crowfall
A seamless blend of an MMO with a large-scale Strategy game!
Players control the universe, to shape as they see fit. We call it a Throne War Simulator

Titl1.jpg

The Song of Seven
The Song of Seven spans an entire world and tells a story of forgotten celestial siblings, isolated villages, seafaring pirates, ghosts, monsters, leaders, artists, mystics, lovers, dancers, inventors, and the power of connections. Its gameplay hearkens back to old school point and click, inventory-based adventure/puzzle games
VBPRFF9.png

Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders
A beautifully pixelated point-and-click thriller set in ancient China where you play as the legendary detective Di Renjie.
o0R0yNf.png

Nephil's Fall
A fantasy metroidvania platformer with unique mechanics telling an epic story about a fallen guardian in a corrupted world.
op6Xj1c.jpg

titch

Cool another of the long list of to look out fors

Poignantly unlucky for luckslinger just now - it defo has some potential

Ending Soon
Added to Ongoing

Holobunnies
Holobunnies is a side-scrolling adventure game that happens across every corner of the universe. You play as one of the Holobunnies, which are hologram brothers and sisters bunnies, living together aboard their very own starship. Explore planets, fight with vile and weird creatures, mighty and not-so-mighty bosses, meet with special and peculiar people, collect treasures and collectibles
kQA3OLk.jpg

Deadwod: The Forgotten Curse
Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse is an action/adventure game with a unique survival twist. You play as Lathe, a teenage woodling and an avid inventor. During your adventures you are accompanied by a stone giant named Roguard. Together you must fight back hordes of wooden zombies, better known as "The Deadwood" and stop the curse from spreading through the land of Knottington.
FAbWnOt.jpg

Coolluck

Super Slam Dunk Touchdown is an amazingly fun multiplayer game. I played it at PAX South and had a blast. Came back to the booth several times to play again. Don't know if I can justify spending $15 on it since there's no console release, though.

Added to Upcoming

MachiaVillain - End of April
MachiaVillain is an indie horror mansion management game, inspired by Dungeon Keeper, Prison Architect and all the horror movie clichés!
Build your own manor, Raise your own monsters, Set up your traps, Isolate your victims, And slay by the rules… The Horror Movie Rules!

PFPeXPQ.jpg

It's from the devs of the awesome indie game Freaking Meatbags, so definitely keep an eye out for this one

Abounder

Banned
2 puzzle oriented games:

Wormhole City for PC/Mac/Linux; stretch goals for Xbox One, and PS4; 29 days left
Wormhole City is a single-player sci-fi adventure game with third-person platforming, racing, puzzle and action elements developed in Unreal Engine 4 for PC. Solve gravity-defying puzzles and gain power-ups through exploration and defeating enemies. Participate in the criminal-infested Mechalympics Racing Tournament and interact with characters and the environment to make game-changing decisions in your story.

Release: Early 2016

photo-ed.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wormholecity/wormhole-city-sci-fi-pc-game-xbox-one-ps4-stretch

-----------------------------------------------------

Spectrum: An Elegy for Piano; Kickstarter staff pick, 34 days left:
Spectrum is a puzzle-based adventure game designed around the concept of synesthesia, a unique ability in which the five senses – touch, taste, sight, smell, and sound – overlap. For Timothy, a young synesthete and the main character of Spectrum, sight and sound are intimately mixed. Timothy hears music as color, a skill that allows him to solve the beautiful, original puzzles that Spectrum presents, challenges full of light, sound, rhythm, and color.

39c29d5834629534058760e6087f3a98_large.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rienzig/spectrum-an-elegy-for-piano

Ending Soon
Added to Upcoming

Ira - April 2nd
Ira enters stasis and upon waking finds himself alone, isolated in a situation more dire and perplexing than anyone could have anticipated. Past and present bleed together in this surreal point-and-click adventure through a mysterious solar system.
w59xVbl.jpg

Added to Ongoing

Spooky Pooky
A 3D platformer set in cartoon Hell. Sell Spooky Poo's soul to The Devil in exchange for black magick powers & one wicked wish.
wO0R72j.jpg

Wormhole City
Wormhole City is a single-player sci-fi adventure game with third-person platforming, racing, puzzle and action elements developed in Unreal Engine 4 for PC. Solve gravity-defying puzzles and gain power-ups through exploration and defeating enemies.
NgOUijM.jpg

Spectrum: An Elegy for Piano
Spectrum is a puzzle-based adventure game designed around the concept of synesthesia, a unique ability in which the five senses – touch, taste, sight, smell, and sound – overlap.
AxkIrtM.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So friend of a co-worker is apparently making this game, and it actually got me really interested - take a look GAF, tell me what you think

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kenseto/halcyon-6-starbase-commander/description

A rogue-like sci-fi strategy survival game with base building, tactical combat, crew management and emergent storytelling.

Halcyon 6 is a passion project inspired by our years years spent playing classic games like Star Control II, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and of course, rogue-like games like FTL.

Halcyon 6 will target the PC/Mac first with other platforms later on.

I'm seeing XCOM and FTL influences galore, seems pretty interesting.

Top Bottom