• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just a heads up, we did an update that covers most of the item cards (from Europe) as well as new weapons and others. So if you haven't scanned since the first time, there are about 30 new scans available. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/guide/29604
Great, thanks for all that!
Could you highlight the new additions in some way? Trying to scan 80% of those 200+ cards again would be a chore...

I just sniped Prinny halfway across the map as Pit, as Dark Pit with both our HP next to death.

My smile grew three sizes this day.

Greg, how much of single player did you play?

MegaByte

Great, thanks for all that!
Could you highlight the new additions in some way? Trying to scan 80% of those 200+ cards again would be a chore...

Off the top of my head, most of the items, Light/Dark Fighters, and at least one additional weapon under each category. The game keeps track of which idols you've scanned through AR, so you can run down the list and match it with our lists instead of trying to scan every one.

Ah. Everyone's trying their hardest to get good items. It isn't bad to go play single player for a bit and get some better items, most of the good weapons I use are just random things I've found while playing.

Whoa, I just got this power called "Angelic Missile" Hard to aim but its pretty much makes you shoot in a straight line in any direction.

Ah. Everyone's trying their hardest to get good items. It isn't bad to go play single player for a bit and get some better items, most of the good weapons I use are just random things I've found while playing.

No different than MK then, except now Nintendo understands how to make proper bots :p

Neiteio

Orbitars are freaking fun when you do a side-dash charge shot. I love the way he spins through the air!

My favorites so far are probably the Phosphora Bow, Pandora Claws and Crusade Blade, though. Oh, and Twinbellows Cannon is beastly. I had quite a bit of fun with clubs when I experimented with them, too.

All of the weapons are great, lol.

Bullza2o

All of the weapons are great, lol.
Pretty much this
I disllike clubs
. It depends on how you tweak those weapons.

It really sucks that Spring Break's over and class is back tomorrow :(. I want to play more of this game! You guys should play around early evening CDT so I can join.

OmegaZero

I love my Laser Staff.

Standing across the stage?
BAM, 280 charge shot damage right in the face!

Oh, you dodged?
Well here: take 190 damage from my side dashed continuous attack instead!

Too bad I have to rely on powerups during close range combat.

Korosenai

1800 pts in a match, my highest so far.

Gotta break the 2000 pt mark.

I think i've hit 2500 twice. I was using the halo club and just blasting the other team with charged shots.

Pretty much this
I disllike clubs
. It depends on how you tweak those weapons.

It really sucks that Spring Break's over and class is back tomorrow :(. I want to play more of this game! You guys should play around early evening CDT so I can join.

Same. I've got accounting early in the morning and then i've gotta go to music appreciation.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I was at the movies seeing The Hunger Games, and I got my first Kid Icarus Streetpass today! This is the soonest I have gotten a streetpass for a game after launch, and I have been pretty consistent on getting all the big 3DS titles at launch.

It means nothing, but dammit I want this game to succeed! 11 chapters in and the game is simply amazing (besides control problems).

Hm, apprently as long as you unlock a mutiplayer item, you can use it in any match but the chance of it spawning is very low(or possibly based on how many people have it unlocked)

I don't suppse many people have an
Eggplant bomb
unlocked?

zupVf.jpg

These are my best ranged and melee items respectively.

I've just managed to breed out self injury -3 from the melee by creating the bow. I'm still trying to find a good fuse candidate to turn it into claws. Go in there with double transparency. Maybe see if I can breed in effect duration to it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't get how people can like Orbitars.
They're so slow and do such little damage.

What benefit do they have at all.
Maybe the Guardian Orbitars, since they can block stuff.

Wanted to like them.

Guardian doesn't block shots, it shoots a giant ass wall you cant touch that locks you in hit stun

I am genuinely surprised by how good this game is.

The controls are eccentric as fuck and Sakurai definitely should have included a bounding box aiming option, but the actual game design and presentation is top-notch.

If you can get past the controls - wait, no let me rephrase that. You can get past the controls, but if you can hold on until they click, then this is absolutely the 3DS's killer app.* Way moreso than OoT3D, Mario, Mario Kart, or Resident Evil.

*This does not apply if you are a bitter husk. If you have a jaded mentality, this game will not change that.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The balancing for multiplayer seems fairly clever, really... am I right in thinking that:

1) Your weapon "power"/value determines how much life your team loses when you die.
2) Your power -also- determines how much energy you have in "free for all mode".

?

This seems a handy way to avoid the "the best weapons win all matches" problem plaguing so many modern online games...

I am genuinely surprised by how good this game is.

The controls are eccentric as fuck and Sakurai definitely should have included a bounding box aiming option, but the actual game design and presentation is top-notch.

If you can get past the controls - wait, no let me rephrase that. You can get past the controls, but if you can hold on until they click, then this is absolutely the 3DS's killer app.* Way moreso than OoT3D, Mario, Mario Kart, or Resident Evil.

*This does not apply if you are a bitter husk. If you have a jaded mentality, this game will not change that.

I feel sorry for these people.
This is exactly what games should be (minus the odd controls).
It's quirky. It's feature rich. It uses everything possibly to make you WANT to play it. Plus, it just keeps fucking going with things to do!

The balancing for multiplayer seems fairly clever, really... am I right in thinking that:

1) Your weapon "power"/value determines how much life your team loses when you die.
2) Your power -also- determines how much energy you have in "free for all mode".

?

This seems a handy way to avoid the "the best weapons win all matches" problem plaguing so many modern online games...

Correct, your weapon score determines how much life your team loses.

Jintor

I can't believe how impressive the game's script is for something they could probably just have thrown up. It's goddamn hilarious. Walks that fine line between corny and amazing really well.

Nicko

HEY! I freaking love this game and would be super up for some GAF "togetherness"

I added my name to the google doc and added EVERYONE on it!

Please add me and look forward to lots of good gamin'

Nicko: 4253-3495-9513

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Correct, your weapon score determines how much life your team loses.

I can't remember now, but does your weapon score impact your "life meter" in Light vs. Dark, or is that just in Free for All? I ask as I know I saw a range of life bars in Free for All, but I didn't think I remembered that in team play.

backlot

I can't remember now, but does your weapon score impact your "life meter" in Light vs. Dark, or is that just in Free for All? I ask as I know I saw a range of life bars in Free for All, but I didn't think I remembered that in team play.

Yeah, weapons more powerful weapons effect your teams life meter more than weaker weapons in Light vs. Dark.

KevinCow

Banned
Hooray, I was finally able to play a full multiplayer match without my internet crapping out.

And I totally kicked ass with my giant honking cannonballs. Got over 1000 points and the next highest was at like 500 or something.

Codeblue

The power up items you bring with you have a huge impact on how you're doing. I'm still a little slow in picking up where to use each one, but I have gotten used to always placing a landmine in the doorway behind me and it's been a huge help.

Invisibility is also essential if you play Angel in an evasive fashion.

Healing blows though. It heals a small amount and does it slowly, I found it's easier to just spot some food on the floor and make a mad dash for it.

Top Bottom