• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Rock calls Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z ticket prices "garbage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polari

Fair play, his music sucks but he's not wrong about ticket prices getting out of hand.

Kid Rock willing to "take a pay cut" that will cost him around $50,000 to $100,000 per night during his tour.

With tickets for Kid Rock’s “$20 Best Night Ever” tour selling for only $20, the rocker seemed less than enthused when asked to share his thoughts on ticket prices for Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake’s upcoming “Legends Of The Summer” tour.

When asked about the ticket prices, which seem to max out at $275 for a non-VIP ticket, during an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan, Kid Rock immediately referred to the prices as being “garbage.”

“It’s garbage. It’s highway robbery,” said Kid Rock. “I don’t care who you are. I would consider both of them in the circle of friends in the business, but I don’t agree with it.”

Kid Rock also revealed that he worked closely with Live Nation to cut the costs for fans and was even willing to take a pay cut to ensure that fans were treated to $20 concert tickets and $4 12 oz. beers among other perks. According to the Detroit artist, the pay cut could possibly cost him around $50,000 to $100,000 per night.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...n-timberlake-concert-tickets-highway-robbery-

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Quit playing Kid Rock. No one was buying those tickets unless you charged $20.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ticket prices are absolutely out of control, I'm thankful most shows I've been to haven't been >$40 for tickets. Usually around the $25 range, which i'm fine with. But some of these acts charge stupid amounts of money for a seat at a show, and that needs to get simmered quite a bit.

I'd take Kid Rock in concert over both Jay Z and Justin Timberlake every day of the week and twice on sundays.

His views and opinions on low tocket prices are fantastic. I dont see how anybody could argue against that.

jaxword

Quit playing Kid Rock. No one was buying those tickets unless you charged $20.

Kid Rock's days in the sun are over, but the group's still rich and they likely mean what they say, they used to say the same thing back in the OH NO FILESHARING days.

Kimawolf

Well yes some ticket prices are nuts. no way i'd pay freaking 275 dollars. When Rockfest here in KC is only gonna be like 39 dollars for several A List bands, and a bunch of smaller bands and 5 dollar beers.

Petrie

Banned
These concerts are rare. I personally don't mind spending it when I can get a chance to see a Jay concert. I am sure it will be well worth it. If you ask me though 20$ is too much to sit through an entire set of kid rock.

No it won't, not at $200+

gdt

Ticket prices have gotten so high cause thats what they make money on. But yeah come on dudes...be reasonable to your fans.

I love seeing indie acts come around with their low prices in Philly. Recently...

$30 - The XX
$15 - How To Dress Well
$15 - Disclosure
$20 - TNGHT

James Blake is coming next month I think his are $30. I can't see myself ever paying for a huge major act with prices like that. Only mainstream act I'd be interested in seeing would probably be the Rolling Stones, and their prices are nuts too. Thought about seeing them in Philly and I had to pass.

You can still see some great acts for cheap if you keep an open mind.

My dad and I went to go see Morris Day and the Time a few years ago. $15 each.
Show was absolutely amazing.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe not your type of music but there is definitely a market out there.
I used to love kid rock when I was a kid. Oddly enough. I'm assuming he is a lot less relevant these days I could be wrong.

In general concert prices have gotten out of hand. I will agree with that.

Polari

If you ask me though 20$ is too much to sit through an entire set of kid rock.

I feel the same way about Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake AND Kid Rock. It's still a good point though. I guess the problem is one of demand. As long as shows keep selling out they'll keep raising ticket prices.

gdt

I did feel a bit ripped off when buying a XX shirt at their show I have to admit. It was $30 for a t-shirt. A bit on the high end really.

How To Dress Well charged me...um....$12 or $15 I think. Showed him my shirt when he was on the floor taking pics and chatting with fans during the opener and he flipped out and was super super nice and we chatted for a bit.

Edit: I need to add The XX absolutely KILLED live. Best thing I've ever seen/been at.

Kid Rock blows but he is absolutely right. I've seen all my favorite bands for under $25

My sister went to see Taylor Swift with a friend and it cost 90 bucks a piece.

CrankyJay

Banned
haha, did you watch the video? he said some artists (including himself) have been known to take their own tickets and put them on stub hub for an inflated price

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Words out of my mouth.

I did feel a bit ripped off when buying a XX shirt at their show I have to admit. It was $30 for a t-shirt. A bit on the high end really.

How To Dress Well charged me...um....$12 or $15 I think. Showed him my shirt when he was on the floor taking pics and chatting with fans during the opener and he flipped out and was super super nice and we chatted for a bit.

Edit: I need to add The XX absolutely KILLED live. Best thing I've ever seen/been at.

Indie acts are the fucking worst when they get a little bit of cache to their name.

I'm looking at you Weeknd. XX is also there too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I spend like $100 if I get drunk at the wrong bar, so I tend not to worry about ticket prices unless they're like $150 or something.

Polari

Ticket prices have gotten so high cause thats what they make money on. But yeah come on dudes...be reasonable to your fans.

I love seeing indie acts come around with their low prices in Philly. Recently...

$30 - The XX
$15 - How To Dress Well
$15 - Disclosure
$20 - TNGHT

James Blake is coming next month I think his are $30. I can't see myself ever paying for a huge major act with prices like that. Only mainstream act I'd be interested in seeing would probably be the Rolling Stones, and their prices are nuts too. Thought about seeing them in Philly and I had to pass.

That's kind of the sad thing. It seems you either make insane amounts touring, or you make very little. I went to see Swans recently and they put on an amazing show, but one of the guys was helping run the merch stall beforehand.

Petrie

Banned
That's kind of the sad thing. It seems you either make insane amounts touring, or you make very little. I went to see Swans recently and they put on an amazing show, but one of the guys was helping run the merch stall beforehand.

That's how it is for most artists. I'd be shocked if they weren't running merch, that's where small bands make money.

I'd take Kid Rock in concert over both Jay Z and Justin Timberlake every day of the week and twice on sundays.

His views and opinions on low tocket prices are fantastic. I dont see how anybody could argue against that.
I'd argue that JT and Jay-Z tickets are underpriced if anything, given the insatiable demand to see them in concert.

Best concert:

VAST. They played at a tiny venue in Atlanta (Smith's Olde Bar), tickets were sold direct from their website so no bs "convenience fees", and the stage was so small I could have reached out and grabbed John Crosby if I had felt inclined to do so. That experience has kind of ruined subsequent concerts for me....

Polari

That's how it is for most artists. I'd be shocked if they weren't running merch, that's where small bands make money.

For sure, it just seems there's a pretty severe dichotomy there. You'd think a band that released one of the best reviewed albums of last year would be doing a little better.

SwagJesus

Banned
I'd bet they are more fun than those wasting $200+ on that shit.

$4 a beer is damn cheap for these types of venues.

Depends on your idea of fun. lol

image.php

Petrie

Banned
For sure, it just seems there's a pretty severe dichotomy there.

Eh, same as any other artistic industry really. The music is just an advertisement for the merch.

For sure, it just seems there's a pretty severe dichotomy there. You'd think a band that released one of the best reviewed albums of last year would be doing a little better.

How do you know how they are doing just because they are working the merch stand though? Makes sense, as you'd obviously sell more merch that way.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'd pay $275 to not have to be subjected to a Kid Rock show.

But seriously, $20 tickets for a bit arena tour is pretty cool of him. I wanted to take my partner to see Rihanna & A$AP Rocky and it was like $75 a piece for shit nosebleed seats. Sorry, I'm not dropping that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom