• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid with stutter astounds judges on The Voice (great GIF potential)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
iFr8igt.gif

Why the hell is Seal on the Aussie voice and his own country's version get fucking Will.i.am?

He should be extradited back asap.

OMG, a talent show where a troubled underdog turns around and warms our hearts by not being the abject failure on stage we were lead to expect. What an unprecedented and non-formulaic turn of events!

edit: More of a stammer than a stutter.

Social

god what a stupid show, the judges crap with the chairs annoys me and makes me want to punch someone.

Great voice though

Ahasverus

so what's the science behind not stuttering while singing?
You know what you're saying beforehand.
I have a stuttering problem, and it dissapears when singing or talking in english (spanish is my mother tongue). It's kinda funny actually.
The thing is in some cases stuttering is not physical, but psychological.

Downhome

I am amazed every single time when I see a case of a stutterer being able to sing flawlessly. There is a guy at my mom and dad's church who is the exact same way. He can barely speak, it's torture for both him and an audience listening to him try to say just about anything, but when he goes up front and sings it is just amazing. Not a single stutter at all.

Downhome

haha ok, so there is not actually a point to the button and turning around. I figured maybe it meant you won or something.

EDIT: Oh, ok, thanks you all for better explaining it.

There absolutely is a reason

They start facing the other way so they judge the people based ONLY on their voice. While the contestant is singing all four judges have the time to listen closely to the performance. If a judge is interested in having that person join their team, that is when they turn their chair around.

At the end of the song, the contestant can then pick from the four judges who turned around to face them to decide which team they join. If none of the judges turn around, the contestant is automatically off the show. If only one judge turns around, the contestant instantly joins that team and they have no decision to make. Also, again, if more than one judge turns around, the contestant can then pick which team to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom