• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) |OT| Jazz was always there between us

Status
Not open for further replies.
are those supposed to be amazing animes or something?

I don't know if they'll end up being better than Kids on the Slope, but Mysterious Girlfriend X and Space Brothers are both very good so far.

Ayumu Watanabe has extensive experience, but is mostly unknown in the West due to exclusively working on the Doraemon franchise. His first shows outside that franchise show that he's got the goods, although the top-notch Nobita's Dinosaur 2006 film already showed that.

Onemic

I don't know if they'll end up being better than Kids on the Slope, but Mysterious Girlfriend X and Space Brothers are both very good so far.

Ayumu Watanabe has extensive experience, but is mostly unknown in the West due to exclusively working on the Doraemon franchise. His first shows outside that franchise show that he's got the goods, although the top-notch Nobita's Dinosaur 2006 film already showed that.

hmmm... will add to my already extensive animes to watch backlog.

Funny how Shinichiro is involving himself in some of the best stuff going on this anime season. First he's doing KotS, but then he's also the music producer for the new Lupin series. Crazy cool.

totowhoa

Banned
With Crunchyroll, you can watch the episodes a week later for free in SD with ads correct? Pretty sure I read that on GAF the other day. I'm not sure if I want to bother purchasing a sub right now unless it's necessary, so I'd rather do that.

duckroll

Whoa, I just noticed Crunchyroll posted full credits for stuff on their page.

In particular:

Opening Animation
Storyboard / Animation Director / Key Animation Supervisor / Key Animation
Kazuto Nakazawa

Ending Animation
Storyboard / Animation Director / Key Animation Supervisor
Akemi Hayashi

Key Animation Takashi Kojima, Akiko Nakamura, Akemi Hayashi

Whoooooa....

duckroll

NAKAZAWA!!!

HosannaExcelsis just told me Nakazawa also did the Kuroko no Basket OP this season. I just watched it... and it's kinda meh. :(

There's more music info on the CR page too:

Original Sound Track Music
Yoko Kanno -Piano & Keys
Yasuo Sano - Drum
Masato Suzuki - Bass
Shinpei Ruike - Trumpet

Music Composed & Arranged by mabanua, DJ Mitsu the Beats

Kanno on the piano for BGM! Mmmmmmmmmm....

iavi

I just gave Kuroko no Basuke's OP a watch. Definitely not the most impressive/imaginative of ops, but middling with impressive bits, imo. I still feel like he'll deliver in Apollon's case.

Branduil

HosannaExcelsis just told me Nakazawa also did the Kuroko no Basket OP this season. I just watched it... and it's kinda meh. :(

There's more music info on the CR page too:

Original Sound Track Music
Yoko Kanno -Piano & Keys
Yasuo Sano - Drum
Masato Suzuki - Bass
Shinpei Ruike - Trumpet

Music Composed & Arranged by mabanua, DJ Mitsu the Beats

Kanno on the piano for BGM! Mmmmmmmmmm....

This is for the music performances?

duckroll

Oh okay. Is Steve Conte still around? Not that I'm sure he'd be good fit for this show.

I'm sure he's still around, but I don't think he's involved in this project at all. They're keeping it pretty Japanese because it actually takes place in Japan.

They both have a similar number of eps (13 for Lupin, 12 for KotS), and they both have some really-talented folks working on direction and animation, in particular. Alongside Space Brothers, these two productions will probably dominate this Spring season in tandem.

Branduil

Hyouka and Fate/Zero are the only other two shows I can see approaching the production value and talent of those two. Maybe Tsuritama as a dark horse.

Oh and AKB0048.

Jarmel

Banned
Not sure how interesting this is going to be to watch, should be amazing to listen to. Just doesn't sound intriguing to me.

Branduil

It has one of the best directors in anime, one of the best composers, some of the best musicians, and some of the best animators. It's based on an award-winning manga. I mean it's always possible something will go wrong, but there are usually warning signs when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom