• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct announced for PC

FordGTGuy

Banned
Looks like it'll be for Win 10.

https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/610985973850210304/photo/1

CHqogWbUkAA4LuW.jpg

Of course it is, most likely being rebuilt for DX12 on Xbox One and PC too.

It's going to be on the Windows 10 store, that's how cross-buy works.

I don't think it was guaranteed as cross-buy

I can imagine them putting up a version on the Windows 10 Store, and one on the Steam store. Kinda like how Witcher 3 and GTA5 handled it with their own storefronts

MUnited83

For you.
Basically makes that PC is now the platform for fighter fans(access to both Killer Instinct and Street Fighter V + a very active userbase thanks to cross-play)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cool, this game is free to play right? Buy extra characters and skins?

Free to play, rotatin character

Right now it's $20 for characters per season (8 characters) and $40 for full season

But procing may be different on PC when it releases

And hopefully there's a third season to be announced soon

vg260

Fantastic news!

Expected, but great it's finally confirmed.

I bought an Xbox One for this game and am still thrilled.

Just let me transfer my progress for the love of god.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I don't think it was guaranteed as cross-buy

I can imagine them putting up a version on the Windows 10 Store, and one on the Steam store. Kinda like how Witcher 3 and GTA5 handled it with their own storefronts

It's a 1st party title man.

It's going to be cross-play, cross-buy, DX12 and Windows 10 only.

denx

Killer Instinct exclusive for the W10 store was a given, he did mention cross-platform.

I'm totally OK with this tho.

Cleve

I hope it's on the app store (and cross buy as a result). I'll hardly ever need to turn my xbone on again after that, well, other than to play 360 games I guess.

God damn it, thats another exclusive gone.

Its good that more people get to play it, but MS cant keep porting all of their exclusives ._.

I need reasons to keep my xbone, not sell it.

Already own it on Xbox One, but if it's cross-buy, I'll try it out on my laptop. It'd be nice to have a semi-portable Killer Instinct...though, I'm not sure that my laptop would run it decently. Or at all. We'll see...

SimonM7

How confident are we/people about cross-buy for this stuff? It's strange that they haven't said anything concrete about that.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Its good that more people get to play it, but MS cant keep porting all of their exclusives ._.

Well there's Gears, Halo, Forza, Crackdown, and damn if I'm not drooling over that Rare Collection.

But if those make the jump to PC, my Bone is going up for sale lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How confident are we/people about cross-buy for this stuff? It's strange that they haven't said anything concrete about that.

Cross buy exists, as has been discussed at build conference

But only cross play was mentioned. We'll have to see if it's cross buy, but it's unlikely.

Cross play means you can play against people on Xbox

sangreal

Why not? It's the same strategy as valve in reverse

The Windows 10 store is a huge opportunity for them, that they cannot afford to fuck up again

shaowebb

This cinches it. Time to upgrade my PC to Nvidia stuff, and set up for next gen. Not missing this one and not really needing an X1.

Top Bottom