• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct | Review Thread

Couleurs

It's weird, I said KI is my most anticiped game for the line up, and now I'm watching an old ER episode and guess what:

Coincidence? I don't think so! :D

There was another episode where one of the doctors (Mark Greene I think?) was playing KI1 at an arcade. Don't know why I remember that almost 20 years later, but yeah

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
These reviews give 0 online impressions.

None.

Netcode is probably the most important thing to know about a fighting game before launch.

As far as I can tell, I was one of the few people who played online. I had absolutely no issues playing online, so I don't know what the problem was for anyone else.

As someone who really, really dislikes online play for any fighting games other than Tekken Tag 2 and Soul Calibur 5, I can safely say KI netcode is top notch... at least under the current network conditions.

K.Sabot

Net code doesn't mean shit if the fundamental mechanics of the game suck

These reviews are useless to me because they reviewed a product that is not complete (even by KI's launch standards).

I'll definitely be playing this as I have a couple friends who will be picking up Xbones, but I'll be waiting to see some more netcode impressions and see how Season 1 pans out before I invest into my own system ( since this is the only game I want to get an Xbone for).

mollipen

These reviews give 0 online impressions.

None.

Netcode is probably the most important thing to know about a fighting game before launch.

I played the game online some, and mentioned that in my review. (Some because not many people actually have the game at this point.) I would say that all of my experiences were extremely good. There's no real way to tell how good or bad of a connection I had with opponent as, but I never remember any matches being anything but smooth.

Of course, as with any fighting game, your mileage may vary.

MattXIII

Dam, i want this game so much!
At least by the time MS finally decide to launch the xone in my country Fulgore and story mode will be out ;)

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I played the game online some, and mentioned that in my review. (Some because not many people actually have the game at this point.) I would say that all of my experiences were extremely good. There's no real way to tell how good or bad of a connection I had with opponent as, but I never remember any matches being anything but smooth.

Of course, as with any fighting game, your mileage may vary.

D'at cloud

Damn damn damn, hype hype hyped. :)
XBone owners rejoice, too bad I won't be jumping in yet.
I will probably wait for the full disc ultimate edition with all the seasons' content and a $150 price cut before I get an XBone as I am usually a 1 console man (1 console + Nintendo console ;p), but KI is about to change this for this generation.

Need KI now. Broke down and bought the madcatz stick. Sad there will be no Fulgore or TJ Combo at launch though :( Anyway, give me KI now.

Does anyone know if I can play Killer Instinct with my Xbox 360 MadCatz Arcade Stick?

Nope. It'll still be the first thing I try when I get the Xbone set all up, but yeah... going to be $200 to have a stick at launch. hopefully some other method (pcb?) comes along soon to get old sticks working.

Tenki

Nope. It'll still be the first thing I try when I get the Xbone set all up, but yeah... going to be $200 to have a stick at launch. hopefully some other method (pcb?) comes along soon to get old sticks working.

That's a bummer :(

I hope some kind of adapter is coming soon.

Yaari

One of the strongest points this game has for me is the free to play aspect of just Jago. I think we all know these online games that lose their playerbase eventually, but the fact that anyone can play this one with one character for free should really prevent that from happening too quickly.

I wonder what future play are as far as the roster goes. The only negatives are the limited roster size.

This game is setting standards for all fighting games going forward.

Shit, games in general. The amount of info they provide to the player is incredible. I'd love to see hitbox data and other advanced tech tutorials in Halo, for example.

ArjanN

It's baffling that people value story modes in fighters that much. It is so strange to me.

I don't think it's so much that people really care that much about the story, but more that a lot of people like there to be a fairly meaty single player component as well, especially more casual players.

It's weird, I said KI is my most anticiped game for the line up, and now I'm watching an old ER episode and guess what:

Coincidence? I don't think so! :D
I was watching my fiance watch Grey's Anatomy and they had a sick kid playing KI on Xbox One. Doctor comes in and says something about "Having trouble on level 7?" and I just lol'd. At least he knew the right character name, because he said something about "Here's how you fight Sabrewulf."

I've never been a fan of nostalgia revivals, but I have a feeling this game is going to snowball a massive community over the coming years.

It's a part of the game and it's not being reviewed. These incomplete launch reviews the press are putting out are pathetic.

So do you want them to just not review the game until next Monday or something? Some of us want to get the game on launch day and want to make sure the fundamentals of the game are strong before putting down $20-$40

dankir

ULTRAAAAAAAAAA!

Almost fits

intense-soccer-fan-gif.gif

Top Bottom