• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Eagle trailer was pretty dope, I'm curious what his instinct mode does.

Music was really good too.

.la1n

He looks like fun. I think my main worry right now is that support drops off for KI but even if it does I'll continue to play with as many people that are interested. Same as I continue to do with Third Strike and Vampire Savior.

tapedeck

He looks like fun. I think my main worry right now is that support drops off for KI but even if it does I'll continue to play with as many people that are interested. Same as I continue to do with Third Strike and Vampire Savior.
I'm getting Scorpio so the free 4K patch is enough for me with all the characters this game has. If they update the UI/HUD assets that would a nice quality of life bonus but who knows if we'll even get that.

Now that we have Eagle I'm good to just enjoy the game in its (finally) finished form in 4K and hope KI4 is in the works for the future.

I still want new KI1 retros tho dammit

.la1n

KI coming to Steam later this year.

Eagle free for Definitive Edition owners.

Eagle's gameplay looked great too. Alleviated all concerns of how he animates.

Free for definitive edition owners only is BS though. So those of us that have bought in since day one and spent more money are expected to pay? Thanks...

.la1n

Is that a guess?

As someone who bought and paid for all 3 seasons, I'd be annoyed if this is true. I've pumped over $150AU into this game.

I edited my post above but agree with you. Award people who just now bought the game while screwing the ones who have actually supported it since day one.

tapedeck

I edited my post above but agree with you. Award people who just now bought the game while screwing the ones who have actually supported it since day one.
Yep that's pretty fucked, but oh well I'm buying him anyway.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Yep that's pretty fucked, but oh well I'm buying him anyway.

I didn't buy Kilgore and Shin-Hisako either. I wanted for them to rotate free and got all the achievements for them in 2 days each.

I'll do the same here. I'll wait for them to go on sale for $1 (like other characters did) before buying. My mate and I have each pumped so much money into this game so we feel really fucked over by the 3 new characters, 2 of which are remixes being charged for.

I believe that KI coming to Steam likely means that Eagle is indeed the last substantial content for the game. Perhaps the next KI is in the works after this?

Eagle's a bit larger than I thought he'd be. Also wow at the Steam announcement, wasn't expecting that. Hopefully it does well as I really want to see sequel with the budget that it deserves.

JaggedSac

We'll just have to wait and see. MS said they're ok with crossplay with Steam last year so who knows.

Given the recent kurfuffle regarding cross-play, seems a bit disengenuous if it did not have it. Would certainly be interesting to see how friends lists were handled.

SimonM7

Given the recent kurfuffle regarding cross-play, seems a bit disengenuous if it did not have it. Would certainly be interesting to see how friends lists were handled.

I'm just going through it in my head, and the current XBL connectivity is a system level Win 10 thing, so I have to assume Win 10 would be a requirement if it's to connect with the XBL player base.

But half the reason there are people who refuse to play the crossplay games that are available already is their sidestepping an upgrade from Win 7.

The Minecraft thing has everybody signing in to XBL, AFAIK.

Well that would annihilate any interest I had. :-/ I can't be expected to pay a monthly fee just to access one game.

I can't recall if XBL was ever a paid service on PC. It's always been free as far as I remember. At any rate it's free now.

Kind of shitty that definitive edition owners get that stuff for free when people who bought all 3 ultra editions individually get the shaft.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Xbox live login =/= Xbox live gold

You don't need to pay to play any of their pc games online

Free account. There's no monthly fee for online MP of Xbox games on PC.

all the PC games with Xbox login have no gold requirement, and also that would help to be crossplay with Win10 / XB1 versions

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. Onward ho!

How often does the game receive balance updates?
Is there a current tier list I could see?
I play zoners, and while I don't tier whore, I also refuse to play anyone low tier.

EmiPrime

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. Onward ho!

How often does the game receive balance updates?
Is there a current tier list I could see?
I play zoners, and while I don't tier whore, I also refuse to play anyone low tier.

All the characters are viable, play whichever one you enjoy the most.

Doukou

Every character is viable, RAAM is probably the lowest tier character but even he has apperances at KI World Cup top 32

Top Bottom