• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

shandy706

Is Jago the best starting character for someone fresh to KI coming from Street Fighter?

I find him one of the easiest to play as up front. I also love Orchid if you want to take it easy. I find both their attack sets and combos to be pretty simple to master.

Edit** LOL, just noticed Rash's "Conker" hood.

wamberz1

I guess I could start with an easy characNAW FUCK IT STRAIGHT TO AGANOS

I love characters with armor like gief in sf5 so he should be right up my ally

Also gonna try out hisoka MANIMSOFUCKINEXCITED

So I see that Shadow Jago is available for a limited time but didn't they make him into a proper character? Wouldn't make much sense to be limited if he was a viable and different character.

Sponge

Banned
You've done an amazing job on the OT, Flash! So happy to see everything has come together and I can't wait to download the game after work.

Fulgore
"Forget it, Donny, You're out of your element!" - Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski.

The Flash

Banned
Is Jago the best starting character for someone fresh to KI coming from Street Fighter?

Ease of Accessibility as defined by Keits

Easy:
Jago
Sabrewulf
TJ Combo
Riptor
Rash
Arbiter
Shadow Jago
Tusk

Medium:
Glacius
Thunder
Sadira
Orchid
Fulgore
Maya
Omen
Hisako
Cinder
Kim Wu

Difficult:
Spinal
Kan Ra
Aganos
Aria

I'll probably going to add this to the OP just in case.

Oh my god, I just saw your tribute video, Flash.

I'm crying. It's so good!

Thanks!

pleaselikesharefavoritesubscriberetweetandfollow

So I see that Shadow Jago is available for a limited time but didn't they make him into a proper character? Wouldn't make much sense to be limited if he was a viable and different character.

They did, however, he was made into a real boy through the community fund last year. This fact makes him unique and he is treated as such.

Carlius

Banned
so since i have to wait to get paid to play this, i can play the f2p version with one character, and still play online against others as if i had the whole game?

jwhit28

Do you purchase the supreme edition from within the game? Waiting for Windows to update right now so I can even begin to download KI.

derFeef

Played first match (cpu) with Tusk. this will be my hero. No idea how he really works yet, but damn that guy has reach and does dmg.

anyone having issues with the Windows 10 version?
Have to change my refresh from 144Hz to 60Hz, and V-Sync is off for some reason.
Also not all the characters are unlocked even tho I have all the ultra version of each season as the came out

The Flash

Banned
Have to change my refresh from 144Hz to 60Hz, and V-Sync is off for some reason.
Also not all the characters are unlocked even tho I have all the ultra version of each season as the came out

:( Really wanted to play, but the lowest refresh rate my monitor has is 100hz. this sucks :(

The 60hz issues are being looked into

iwatapleaseunderstand.png

Hey guys, everyone is reading this thread. It's amazing. Thanks a ton from the devs.

Kraig

Thank you, Kraig! It'll get better later tonight. I'll have my commission finished by then.

tariniel

Thanks everyone for the input on the easier characters. Jago is the free character, I believe? I think I'll try the free mode with Jago, see if my stick works, and base my buying decision from there. I've always been tempted to buy an X1 for this game and I'm really happy it finally came to PC.

Ranked question - are there leagues and such so I don't get matched with killers right out of the gate?

I highly recommend going through the dojo at first so you can get a grasp of how the game plays. Jago is also the only one available through the dojo.

Thanks! I'll do exactly that when I get home tonight.

Who do you play in Street Fighter?

Street Fighter 3: Dudley
Street Fighter 4: M.Bison, Decapre, Oni
Street Fighter 5: M.Bison, Necalli

rukizzel

Neo Member

When you say not all, which characters are missing? Can you post a screen for me?

Also like Flash mentioned, looking in to the 60hz stuff.

shoreu

Thanks everyone for the input on the easier characters. Jago is the free character, I believe? I think I'll try the free mode with Jago, see if my stick works, and base my buying decision from there. I've always been tempted to buy an X1 for this game and I'm really happy it finally came to PC.

Ranked question - are there leagues and such so I don't get matched with killers right out of the gate?

Thanks! I'll do exactly that when I get home tonight.

Street Fighter 3: Dudley
Street Fighter 4: M.Bison, Decapre, Oni
Street Fighter 5: M.Bison, Necalli

Sabrewulf, tj combo, Possibly orchid

Ishmae1

Awesome OT! As Kraig said, we're reading and following!

I guess I could start with an easy characNAW FUCK IT STRAIGHT TO AGANOS

I love characters with armor like gief in sf5 so he should be right up my ally

Also gonna try out hisoka MANIMSOFUCKINEXCITED

I like your style.

IG has said a few times they recommend Jago and Sabrewulf from season 1, TJ Combo and Riptor from season 2 and Tusk and Rash from season 3 as the easiest characters to start out with.

Jago is probably the most universal, jack of all trades character though so it's a good starting point.

Definitely agree with this. He has all the tools to get you into the game. Same as characters like Wesker for MvC3, Ryu in Street Fighter, Heihachi in Tekken and Voodoo in Shaq Fu.

Xbudz

I remoted into my PC and Xbox, downloading KI3 Ultra on both right now. Fuck my ISP, I use the Internet how I see fit! lol

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Holy shit this game looks good on PC. Not really into fighters but my brother got this and god dam. I thought Gears of War looked like shit on W10, makes me wish I didn't buy it. This on the other hand leaves me hopeful for Quantium Break on Windows 10.

Gowans

Wow been playing this as it installs, love the four new guys, played I've cpu and gona have a tonne of fun playing.

Need to work out what to spend my gold on, we need a GAF lobby too for later.

Gona install on my beastly PC now to oaky when I'm in my office.

The Flash

Banned
Awesome OT! As Kraig said, we're reading and following!

Let it be known that given enough time I would've had an appropriate spot to put this in the OP

IwMWp55.png

Anyone having issues with cross-buy? I bought KI season 1 at launch but can't seem to access any characters other than Sabrewulf. I no longer have my Xbox One, so I can't access my save game - character unlocks aren't linked to the save rather than the account, are they?

EDIT: Looking at the OP, I have to download an update for the game on XBO in order to access the content on PC. Seems awfully convoluted.

Justinh

I tweeted Keits, hopefully they can fix it fast.

eHNzlOf.png
Ugh, what a pain in the ass...

not dicking around with my monitor settings, that's easy. But when putting my refresh rate down to 60 I get really bad tearing. Right in the center of the screen and it's not subtle at all and almost constant. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I wanted to try it with my Seimitsu equipped 360 stick. (Gsync monitor, too)
How to add game to Steam.

Download: http://bitly.com/StoreAppLauncher_Beta
Please read README file.

1. Copy->Paste StoreAppLauncher_xXX executable file to directory you are comfortable with. In my case it is 'D:\Games\WindowsStore\_Games\' rename file to an appropriate name( this is optional, but you need unique name for an executable or steam will overwrite launch parameters if you have multiple applications added )
2. Add this executable to steam as a Non-Steam Game as usual.
3. Find what you added in your library, Right click->Properties.
4. Set unique app ID as a launch parameter for this executable like this:
CyECWlf.png

( "bp" parameter is optional, use it you want to have an ability to Alt+Tab from game by holding for ~0.5seconds Back+Start+LeftTrigger on your XInput gamepad )
5. Let me know how it works!

Killer Instinct Application ID: Microsoft.KillerInstinct-Win10_8wekyb3d8bbwe!KillerInstinct.App

Low effort grid view icon( someone please make a decent one! ):
R2iq7jo.jpg

Did not test with this game yet( still downloading ) but should work fine in theory :)) Works!

Neat, I'll have to give this a shot.
wow, very impressive OP

Yeah, it's kinda supreme...

Jago
ONE LINER

"My ass might be dumb, but I ain't no dumb ass."
-Samuel L. Jackson in The Long Kiss Goodnight.
I'm not entering, I just like saying that. Maybe it'll come true one day.

Top Bottom