• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

The only thing that worries me about him is the fact he can freely combo break after a failed guess break while in instinct mode. :S

It's only a one time use, as it ends Instinct mode right then and there. I consider that a fair trade. I mean, no other character in the game has a combo break mechanic for their Instinct mode. I consider that a good mechanic in the context of the game.

I missed the stream, so I'll have to watch it when I have the time. From what I hear, Gargos seems really crazy, and hard to play? Hmmm.

MagnesD3

It's only a one time use, as it ends Instinct mode right then and there. I consider that a fair trade. I mean, no other character in the game has a combo break mechanic for their Instinct mode. I consider that a good mechanic in the context of the game.

I missed the stream, so I'll have to watch it when I have the time. From what I hear, Gargos seems really crazy, and hard to play? Hmmm.
It only costs him half his current instinct and he can gain instinct by eating his minions.

It only costs him half his current instinct and he can gain instinct by eating his minions.

Well, I guess it's the opponent's job to rush his shit down then. The halving of instinct for using a "burst" still doesn't bother me.

Gargos seems to need meter in order to summon his minions anyway, so his crazy options do have their price.

MagnesD3

Well, I guess it's the opponent's job to rush his shit down then. The halving of instinct for using a "burst" still doesn't bother me.

Gargos seems to need meter in order to summon his minions anyway, so his crazy options do have their price.
Hard knockdown ender plus one shadow bar equals half of your instinct refilled safely, i think the free combo break after being locked out is a little too braindead as is but we will see how the community reacts on release I suppose

.la1n

How does Brandon Alexander already have Gargos?

Several community members were given the update early so they could show off the character until launch.

How that factors into him not being available until next Friday for everyone else is as good as guess as any but I would imagine two scenarios:

A) the logistics of distribution to a few vs thousands

B) it's just Gargos, not the full update.

I would think B is a given since as far as I know they can take the character online, not sure though as I don't know the details. It's a nice idea though because we get to see more of the character leading up to launch than we normally would have.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Several community members were given the update early so they could show off the character until launch.

How that factors into him not being available until next Friday for everyone else is as good as guess as any but I would imagine two scenarios:

A) the logistics of distribution to a few vs thousands

B) it's just Gargos, not the full update.

I would think B is a given since as far as I know they can take the character online, not sure though as I don't know the details. It's a nice idea though because we get to see more of the character leading up to launch than we normally would have.

Unless is box is a dev kit box?

.la1n

Unless is box is a dev kit box?

Not sure, I thought essentially any Xbox could be a "dev kit" box now? Even if there are special dev kits I wouldn't think all those guys would have one. Most likely just a manual push to certain users like other developers do when they want to run closed test of games in development.

Keits

Developer
Hard knockdown ender plus one shadow bar equals half of your instinct refilled safely, i think the free combo break after being locked out is a little too braindead as is but we will see how the community reacts on release I suppose

You know he can't... block... like at all... during instinct right?

Warxard

Banned
When Gargos uses burst does the hit boxes from that burst have projectile properties? Hearing back and forth things regarding it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Gargos' new look accessories are really good, I'm pleasantly surprised. The Angel wings are amazing.

.la1n

I think I like the dragon set the best. The team deserves praise for giving him full sized wings and they actually look great. No easy feat for a fighting game character.

vg260

I think I like the dragon set the best. The team deserves praise for giving him full sized wings and they actually look great. No easy feat for a fighting game character.

They really do. The wings look awesome, especially all the variants which are so detailed and different.

I just wish they'd tweak his stomach so I can stop seeing a frowny face on it.

Lomax

Does buying the Shadow Jago figure unlock the character in game? I'm guessing no, but if it did it would be pretty tempting.

Edit: found a listing that said you had to already own the character to unlock the color that comes with the figure. Ah well.

Pulled the trigger and bought the Hisako figure.

Not huge on collectibles but with the discount code combined with getting color 10 I couldn't resist buying her.

.la1n

Pulled the trigger and bought the Hisako figure.

Not huge on collectibles but with the discount code combined with getting color 10 I couldn't resist buying her.

I'm not a big collectibles guy either but Hisako is well made, probably the most solid of the bunch.

Montresor

http://www.trueachievements.com/a181749/stylish-sabrewulf-achievement.htm

How do you get that achievement? It's Stylish Sabrewulf: Unlock a color for Sabrewulf.

The achievement guides in the link above are out of date and I think refer to season one, back when Double Helix was developing the game.

My brother is trying to unlock this achievement. He reached level 3 with Sabrewulf last night - that unlocked a new colour for him but no unlocked achievement. Anyone have any tips?

bumpkin

http://www.trueachievements.com/a181749/stylish-sabrewulf-achievement.htm

How do you get that achievement? It's Stylish Sabrewulf: Unlock a color for Sabrewulf.

The achievement guides in the link above are out of date and I think refer to season one, back when Double Helix was developing the game.

My brother is trying to unlock this achievement. He reached level 3 with Sabrewulf last night - that unlocked a new colour for him but no unlocked achievement. Anyone have any tips?
I think it's one of those weird YMMV things. People have been saying the achievements are notoriously flaky in the game since Season 2.

Doukou

Seems really fake it has a lot of obvious info and most of it is non info like Skorge was talked about.
Project Spark always meant for Conker seems really fake as I'm not sure why a KI employee would be part of it.

Not to mention he shifts from saying We to MS and Iron Galaxy.

remz

Just so nobody gets confused, the schnoz in that picture is Photoshopped. Here's how his actual retro face looks:

bSAfZVx.png

Wouldn't the photoshopped schnozza be aesthetically pleasing though? :)

Seems really fake it has a lot of obvious info and most of it is non info like Skorge was talked about.
Project Spark always meant for Conker seems really fake as I'm not sure why a KI employee would be part of it.

Not to mention he shifts from saying We to MS and Iron Galaxy.
Adam confirmed its fake on the KI forums, though that sounded obvious right as I was reading it lol

vg260

Holy crap.
I made it to Killer!
image.png

Went from 0 to 500 over the weekend, and 500 to Killer tonight. I thought it would take me months or never. I think I just lucked out tonight with matchups and opponent ranks. I now have all the achievements (except the Gargos ones now).

I still don't know how I feel about the ranked leagues though. Look at my garbage record. Granted I've just been plowing through all the 20 win achievements with all the characters over the past couple weeks while at the bottom of gold, and with almost all of them I went in never having used them versus actual people, only beating up on the CPU for XP. So, that's the bulk of those matches and I was doing really badly with most. I actually burned one of my rank resets while going for the achievements. I didn't want to be in gold when I was doing those. I don't know at what point I started playing only with one character I knew fairly well to actually try to move up the ladder.

So yeah, chances are I'm going to reset and drop out once the end of the month hits. I really don't think I should be in there. I didn't actually fare very well vs Killers at all. I think a good chunk of my wins came against lower tier players or those who obviously just made it to gold by doing a lot of unsafe stuff or not very much character experience like myself. I mean I don't think I ever intentionally used a manual in a combo and played with combo assist on. I don't know if I would have made it there without it. Maybe if I reset my rank I'll turn it off and see how it goes.

Anyone else have thoughts on the ranking system? I'm curious what you think.

Fake, but Dammit. lol

Scorpion from Mortal Kombat was to be included in Season 2. Iron Galaxy studios is based in Chicago as is NetherRealm Studios so contacting wouldn't have been an issue. Ken Lobb and Ed Boon had a talk some time two years ago about getting Fulgore for Kombat Pack 3. It's not a for sure thing as I haven't heard much of it from neither parties. I can say there has been talks of a Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct cross over which might be Xbox, PC, and Steam only.

OniLordAsmodeus

Neo Member
I still don't know how I feel about the ranked leagues though. Look at my garbage record. Granted I've just been plowing through all the 20 win achievements with all the characters over the past couple weeks while at the bottom of gold, and with almost all of them I went in never having used them versus actual people, only beating up on the CPU for XP. So, that's the bulk of those matches and I was doing really badly with most. I actually burned one of my rank resets while going for the achievements. I didn't want to be in gold when I was doing those. I don't know at what point I started playing only with one character I knew fairly well to actually try to move up the ladder.

So yeah, chances are I'm going to reset and drop out once the end of the month hits. I really don't think I should be in there. I didn't actually fare very well vs Killers at all. I think a good chunk of my wins came against lower tier players or those who obviously just made it to gold by doing a lot of unsafe stuff or not very much character experience like myself. I mean I don't think I ever intentionally used a manual in a combo and played with combo assist on. I don't know if I would have made it there without it. Maybe if I reset my rank I'll turn it off and see how it goes.

Anyone else have thoughts on the ranking system? I'm curious what you think.

You pretty much described the ranking system just like I did over on the Ultra-combo forums. As long as you are of decent skill, persistence and time WILL get you into the Killer rank. Especially now 2 months or so after the S3 rank reset, since most of the players have settled where they are supposed to be, it CAN BE pretty easy to move up the ranks if you put in the time.

Regardless, good job! as it is a feat to make it that high. I haven't made killer yet in S3, mostly because I haven't been playing the game. But I hope to change that after Gargos drops.

.la1n

I'm not sure I could get out of Gold if I get there this season, I never made it out in Season 2 so my hats off to you. That's an admirable achievement even if you don't think you belong there.

I've actually played much less ranked this season compared to previous seasons. I have more fun playing exhibition matches since I can rematch as much as I want and get more match up experience. It's also nice to be able to keep track of the teabaggers and choose to not play them again without worrying about losing points. Makes my online experience more enjoyable.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'm not sure I could get out of Gold if I get there this season, I never made it out in Season 2 so my hats off to you. That's an admirable achievement even if you don't think you belong there.

I've actually played much less ranked this season compared to previous seasons. I have more fun playing exhibition matches since I can rematch as much as I want and get more match up experience. It's also nice to be able to keep track of the teabaggers and choose to not play them again without worrying about losing points. Makes my online experience more enjoyable.

You know, it's a double edged sword being in Australia. It means there's almost no one online playing KI, so sometimes you just flat out don't find games.

On the plus side, it makes it super easy to boost the ranked achievements if you have an Australian friend who also plays the game.

vg260

You pretty much described the ranking system just like I did over on the Ultra-combo forums. As long as you are of decent skill, persistence and time WILL get you into the Killer rank. Especially now 2 months or so after the S3 rank reset, since most of the players have settled where they are supposed to be, it CAN BE pretty easy to move up the ranks if you put in the time.

Regardless, good job! as it is a feat to make it that high. I haven't made killer yet in S3, mostly because I haven't been playing the game. But I hope to change that after Gargos drops.

Thanks. Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit. I do think most regular posters here could make Killer just given the time, though now that things have settled. I'm just happy to have that achievement hanging over my head gone.

Overall, really enjoying the game, and I haven't touched SFV in a while, even after waiting anxiously for Guile for so long. I'm really curious what this new multiplayer mode is that IG has coming.

.la1n

I haven't put much time in Street Fighter V recently either. If the next character is Ibuki though I will probably be devoting quite a bit of time to it, hands down my favorite SF character.

C-Sword

Question, I had bought all 3 seasons and Shadow Jago for the game on Xbox One, but I recently sold the console, the PC version only gives me access to the 1st season characters and Shadow Jago, it keeps telling me to buy the other packs, anyone knows why?

BHK3

Banned
Holy crap.
I made it to Killer
My thoughts exactly, literally if shago didn't exist I'd be killer 3 times over. I think there needs to be way more ranks, I went to high gold before I even started baiting combo breakers.

vg260

My thoughts exactly, literally if shago didn't exist I'd be killer 3 times over. I think there needs to be way more ranks, I went to high gold before I even started baiting combo breakers.

I get wrecked by Shago so bad, but my last two gold matches, including the qualifier was against one, who fortunately for me, stayed out of overhead range and kept doing the specials at a distance. I won them by pretty much just turtling, blocking, and punishing.

I was happy to take them because I blew the first qualifier by choking completely after going up one. But yeah, they didn't feel super earned.

I guess maybe it's ok if the bulk of the players end up in either Gold or Killer pretty easily. I can't imagine anyone playing the game with any regularity stuck in bronze or silver too long now that there is combo assist.

//ARCANUM

Hey all, I'm planning on downloading this soon but am wondering about fightstick compatibility. I have a Mad Catz TE2+ PS4 edition (works perfectly with SFV on PC). I'm guessing it won't work in KI on PC for some reason or another. Is this true? And if so, is there any workaround? Some software I can install? Or will I have to have an Xbox stick?

NEO0MJ

I'm guessing it won't work in KI on PC for some reason or another. Is this true? And if so, is there any workaround? Some software I can install? Or will I have to have an Xbox stick?

Yeah, the + version doesn't work if I'm not mistaken, unless MC released a new update I wasn't aware of. Check their site.
If there's no update for it yet you can use Xinput or Joy2Key to get around this.

Soulstar

Hey all, I'm planning on downloading this soon but am wondering about fightstick compatibility. I have a Mad Catz TE2+ PS4 edition (works perfectly with SFV on PC). I'm guessing it won't work in KI on PC for some reason or another. Is this true? And if so, is there any workaround? Some software I can install? Or will I have to have an Xbox stick?

There should be a firmware update that lets you switch between x-input and d-input. As long as it is in x-input then it will work perfectly fine with Killer Instinct.

Cyros

Just download the Madcatz Firmware update that let's you switch to XINPUT. I use a TES+

//ARCANUM

Yeah, the + version doesn't work if I'm not mistaken, unless MC released a new update I wasn't aware of. Check their site.
If there's no update for it yet you can use Xinput or Joy2Key to get around this.

There should be a firmware update that lets you switch between x-input and d-input. As long as it is in x-input then it will work perfectly fine with Killer Instinct.

Just download the Madcatz Firmware update that let's you switch to XINPUT. I use a TES+

Perfect, I've already got the Madcatz update that lets me switch between x-input and d-input so I should be good to go! I'll actually download this now, yay! Thanks :)

Top Bottom