• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct: Steam Cross-Play Testing

Head.spawn

Hopefully people give this game a chance.

I swear, that new Tournament feature is going to be goddamn amazing with this game; only thing it's really missing is a solid way to spectate all. Just got done playing a 43 player Tournament a few minutes ago (I got scrubbed in the second round by the guy who ended up winning, so I don't feel too terrible). But man, it was super easy to set-up and at a system level the Tournament thing handles everything... you just create and arrange the specifics of the tournament with the game and the date and all that; people freely sign-up and when the date/time comes it notifies players on it's own ahead of the start time, keeps track of who is online and people that flake out, it sends all invites to initiate the bracket matches, tracking win/lose, timing for matches etc etc... very cool.

Zetaero757

Neo Member
Hopefully people give this game a chance.

I swear, that new Tournament feature is going to be goddamn amazing with this game; only thing it's really missing is a solid way to spectate all. Just got done playing a 43 player Tournament a few minutes ago (I got scrubbed in the second round by the guy who ended up winning, so I don't feel too terrible). But man, it was super easy to set-up and at a system level the Tournament thing handles everything... you just create and arrange the specifics of the tournament with the game and the date and all that; people freely sign-up and when the date/time comes it notifies players on it's own ahead of the start time, keeps track of who is online and people that flake out, it sends all invites to initiate the bracket matches, tracking win/lose, timing for matches etc etc... very cool.
I totally forgot they were adding that to the os. How do you get to that portion. I would love to try so ki tournys.

Head.spawn

I totally forgot they were adding that to the os. How do you get to that portion. I would love to try so ki tournys.

I don't recall where it is on the older builds, but if you're on the the newest Insider build, when you press Guide you should see:

'Achievements | Multiplayer | People | Home | Communication | Broadcast and capture | Action center'.

Tournaments will be under the Multiplayer section, you can browse existing set-up tournaments to join or create your own. I think it just works with KI and World of Tanks for the moment. I'm hoping they add support for DBZ when that drops.

vg260

Some disappointing news:

https://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/ki-steam-cross-play-testing/22204/57
Rukari on KI forum said:
Found out about cross-play. It will be in certain modes - Exhibition, Lobby, and SL multiplayer. Ranked will be limited to the ecosystem you're playing in. So Steam users will play other Steam users, etc.

Last thing to keep in mind - since these are different platforms, your rank on Steam is not linked to your rank on Xbox/Win10.

Top Bottom