• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Single Player Demo released on PSN (for everyone)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
toxicgonzo said:
So um, it gives the error "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (email address)".

Is that because someone else is using it right now?

did you make a new local user? you have to.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
KZ2 was a step in the right direction, but I'm pretty disappointed in the KZ3 demo. Guerilla Games seems like the one sony first party that's given more resources than it's worth.

Quick question, if the 3d makes me nauseous, is that something that's temporary or will I just always get sick from it? When I watch avatar in 3d I didn't get sick at all or when I watch 3d in theatre but both blops and kill zone have given me major motion sickness

StuBurns

Banned
Domcorleone said:
Quick question, if the 3d makes me nauseous, is that something that's temporary or will I just always get sick from it? When I watch avatar in 3d I didn't get sick at all or when I watch 3d in theatre but both blops and kill zone have given me major motion sickness
Could be the shutter glasses assuming you're using those now but used polarized glasses at the cinema.

I always play hunched over with my elbows on my knees but I quickly realized that playing with the move is much easier sitting back. This way it's much easier to freely move the Move around.

Rikyfree

This demo is great. I just love playing through it over and over. I have only done that a few times, and each game I've done that for, surprise surprise, I spent an assload of time on! I have boarded the hype train. Next stop- Awesomeville.

Jtrizzy

PjotrStroganov said:
I always play hunched over with my elbows on my knees but I quickly realized that playing with the move is much easier sitting back. This way it's much easier to freely move the Move around.
Id like some sort of mount for the sharpshooter, would eliminate the issue of steadiness I'm having. Too bad there is no way to remove the gun model from the screen lol

Corto

jetjevons said:
I take it you haven't played many FPS on Wii.

Sorry for the late answer. But yes, you are correct. I don't have a Wii, and the only games I played on friends that had one were SMG, Sports, Party. But I watched some videos on youtube and The COnduit seems to have the same control scheme than Killzone 3 with the deadzone on 0. You can move your character freely, but the weapon sight/crosshair moves independently. So GG didn't create this setting but it feels great nonetheless. And I'm greatful that GG put it in their game as one of the many options that the user can choose to play Killzone 3.

Y2Kev said:
How far do Movers sit from their tvs?

8-9 feet.

gogogow

Lord Error said:
You can change the deadzone, and if you change it to 0, 0 you get cursor almost locked in the middle of the screen.
You mean the bounding box? Did you even try it yourself? Because what you decribe isn't possible, not even close. No matter how small the box is, it will never work as using a mouse or controller. The crosshair won't get locked to the middle of the screen. It will still need to go (almost) all the way to the left/right if you want to turn.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I find the further back you sit, the easier it is to really be pinpoint precise with Move. But I don't have that kind of space. Being up close requires larger movements...I think...

eshwaaz

I've played through the first 2 Killzone games and have tried repeatedly to get into them, but I'm pretty convinced at this point that this series is just not for me. The visuals are amazing, the weapons are appealing and the Helghast are a fantastic enemy, but I just do not think Guerilla's sense of level design and pacing are particularly good (and no, I don't like CoD campaigns either).

Even in this brief demo, I feel like I am constantly being sucked out of the experience with bite-sized bits of action broken up by forgettable cinematics. Start with a turret section, cinematic. Fight a few enemies, cinematic. Fight a few more, cinematic. Briefly fly a jetpack, plant a bomb, cinematic. Just let me get engrossed in the damn combat!

Massa

Y2Kev said:
I find the further back you sit, the easier it is to really be pinpoint precise with Move. But I don't have that kind of space. Being up close requires larger movements...I think...

That depends entirely on the calibration process, doesn't it?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
gogogow said:
You mean the bounding box? Did you even try it yourself? Because what you decribe isn't possible, not even close. No matter how small the box is, it will never work as using a mouse or controller. The crosshair won't get locked to the middle of the screen. It will still need to go (almost) all the way to the left/right if you want to turn.
Yeah, bounding box. I played it with 0,0... certainly didn't feel like I had to move the cursor all the way to the left/right to start turning, like I had to do with default settings.

I can't be the only one who's EXTREMELY annoyed at the fact that the water makes no splash. Like when I destroyed the dropship overhead, it just fell in the water with NO FUCKING SPLASH! How the fuck could they overlook something so obvious?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Y2Kev said:

just tilt the controller less when you calibrate

Shaka

TacticalFox88 said:
I can't be the only one who's EXTREMELY annoyed at the fact that the water makes no splash. Like when I destroyed the dropship overhead, it just fell in the water with NO FUCKING SPLASH! How the fuck could they overlook something so obvious?
It might be just missing from the demo. Though I doubt that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TacticalFox88 said:
That bothered me too. I always shoot water in games and I was pretty unsatisfied here.

Smokey

for some reason the menu music reminds me of mgs4.

random thought

btw the awesome menu music got me wondering...is this game in 7.1?

Adam J.

Just created a Hong Kong account to realize that it's not there to download anymore (man, do I feel like an idiot).

Really looking forward to giving this demo a spin next week. I wanted to get into Killzone 2, but couldn't get the hang of the weighty controls. Glad to heard that this one is a tad more accesible.

Massa

Adam J. said:
Just created a Hong Kong account to realize that it's not there to download anymore (man, do I feel like an idiot).

Really looking forward to giving this demo a spin next week. I wanted to get into Killzone 2, but couldn't get the hang of the weighty controls. Glad to heard that this one is a tad more accesible.

You can use Wario64's account to download it, just press the quote button on one of his posts and it should reveal the e-mail/password.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Massa said:
You can use Wario64's account to download it, just press the quote button on one of his posts and it should reveal the e-mail/password.

Repost:

QUOTE TO SEE ACCOUNT INFO TO GRAB DEMO

If anyone wants the demo, the demo is still in my download history, which makes me believe anyone can grab it. Quote this message to see the account info. Do not repost account info anywhere else. I don't give a fuck if I lose the account, I just want to help GAFFERS out.

Cheers :)

If you're clueless, make a new user account on your PS3, sign up for PSN and create an existing PSN account. Use the account info above, login, go to the store and view the download list. Download and play.

nib95 said:
So so beautiful..

70w94l.png

20110209144030.jpg

20110209145636.jpg

20110209145554.jpg

20110209144916.jpg
this is really really fucking good for an ancient GPU. Fuck Sony's PSN Plus horseshit, I want to play this game.

Dug

Banned
theignoramus said:
this is really really fucking good for an ancient GPU. Fuck Sony's PSN Plus horseshit, I want to play this game.
Are you referring to the demo for PSN plus? If so, you can download it from the account Wario64 is posting...

alr1ght

theignoramus said:

you guys really could do yourself a favor and read the fucking op.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Finally a direct feed showing the motion blur. As you can see, it's still very much present but reduced. The quality doesn't seem to be lower, just the amount of blur applied.

20110209144916.jpg

McLovin

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Enjoyed the demo a lot. Controls are muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh better.
Totally agree, they also kept enough weight on it so it doesn't feel like cod. Imo they did a great job fixing them.

alr1ght

That lock on when scoping is fucking horrendous. Plus, they aren't planning on letting me turn it off.

Binabik15

metareferential said:
Ok, here's mine. Quote to see account info

Have fun! And if you get disconnected, just wait. There's someone trying to download xD

You don't need to complete the DL; just start and disconnect, it will continue anyway.

EDIT: corrected the email.

Thanks, man, I used your account, becaue Wario64´s told me I had a wrong name/pw.

I love GAF sharing threads <3

PS: The dl speed for this demo is nice, too, US/EU PSN was really slow for me in 2011.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Binabik15 said:
Thanks, man, I used your account, becaue Wario64´s told me I had a wrong name/pw.

Just checked the account info, looks like it still works in case anyone else wants to try it

alr1ght

alr1ghtstart said:
That lock on when scoping is fucking horrendous. Plus, they aren't planning on letting me turn it off.

urg, just checked Elite and it's just as bad.
o56xb5.gif

Top Bottom