• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall: 2 Free Maps Out Today

Via: PS Blog

Today sees the arrival of The Terminal and Stormgracht, two freely downloadable multiplayer maps for Killzone Shadow Fall. The Terminal is situated inside the Wall on the New Helghan side while Stormgracht is set in the toxic industrial area of the planet.

The Terminal

14525897790_7c2d4ba50b_z.jpg

Stormgracht

14732437223_72393c6b32_z.jpg

Did a search and found nothing. Apologies if old.

EDIT: For those wondering, the maps don't seem to be downloaded through an automatic update, you'll have to grab them from the store yourself.

I really gotta wonder why they bother with any free DLC for this game. I understand the paid DLC because they made a season pass, but they get nothing from doing free DLC since no one even plays the game anymore.

EDIT: Because people don't want to actually bother to think about what I said and instead would rather call me a troll or say I am complaining about free DLC I feel the need to put this edit here. I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT FREE DLC, I'm not even complaining. All I said is I wonder why they bother with any DLC, especially free DLC, beyond the season pass when the online community is dead.

I really gotta wonder why they bother with any free DLC for this game. I understand the paid DLC because they made a season pass, but they get nothing from doing free DLC since no one even plays the game anymore.
This kind of attitude is why we can't have nice things. You're right, they should've charged for it.

This kind of attitude is why we can't have nice things. You're right, they should've charged for it.

No, I'm saying why bother with any DLC beyond the DLC that they absolutely have to make because they already charged people for a season pass. Something like 800 people still play the game, supporting the game beyond the season pass is a waste of money on their part.

I still play it sometimes. I also see friends playing it from time to time as well. I just don't think it's most peoples go to favorite.

Also, they said they'd release maps for free before the game even came out, so they're just keeping their word.

Hoo-doo

Banned

To offer something cool to their fans who do still play. For free.

You should go and work at EA with that terrible mindset of yours. ;)

EL CUCO

This is going to be all me this week until TLOU:R :D thank you based, GG.

Some people do still play this game. What's wrong with offering post release value to their game? I wish other developers had this type of support.

Theecliff

Banned
Because why would you want to fragment an already very small player-base by making people pay for new maps? Even if only a few people are still playing it seems like they're doing a nice thing in supporting the game whilst also making sure not to split people up.

test_account

XP-39C²
So what was the point of the Season Pass? Owl skins and a weapon? Was there anything worthwhile?
The co-op mode was also a part of the Season Pass, so was the new class. I don't think there has been any free Owl skins in the Season Pass, except for maybe one (the digital camo one).

Because it's a nice thing to do for those who still enjoy the game? selling maps to a dead user base isn't any better you know.

Because why would you want to fragment an already very small player-base by making people pay for new maps? Even if only a few people are still playing it seems like they're doing a nice thing in supporting the game whilst also making sure not to split people up.

Because it's a nice thing to do for those who still enjoy the game? selling maps to a dead user base isn't any better you know.

I never said they should sell maps, I'm saying they are wasting money making any DLC beyond the season pass. The game is dead, it would be much smarter of them to move all their available resources to their next game.

Concern trolling with the 1st reply? That might be a record!

I'm not trolling, I'm just saying they are wasting time and money making any DLC for this game beyond the season pass.
It has become standard procedure in KZSF threads.

I bought the damn game day 1 and it was the only PS4 game I had for a month and a half. I like the game and defend it when people say it's shit. I also recognize that the multiplayer is dead and they are wasting resources that could go towards their next game.

M_A_C

Your either just a troll or have a horrible way of thinking. I never have a problem finding games. I really enjoy the mp and love that they don't charge for new maps.

sunnz

The fact they are making and releasing maps for free, even with a small playerbase, says a lot about them.
Really hope there next games are bigger, they deserve it a hell of a lot more ( compare this to say what other devs do with like 10 times the playerbase, they still rip you off )

Great support.
Puts others to shame.

Your either just a troll or have a horrible way of thinking. I never have a problem finding games. I really enjoy the mp and love that they don't charge for new maps.

Holy shit, are people even reading what I said? I never said they should charge for the maps, I said they shouldn't even bother making them because they are wasting time and money.

Artorias

Banned
I'm not trolling, I'm just saying they are wasting time and money making any DLC for this game beyond the season pass.

Are you really going to claim that your comment was meant for anything but derailing a thread before it even began?

No need to be dishonest, its pretty obvious what your intention was.

Are you really going to claim that your comment was meant for anything but derailing a thread before it even began?

No need to be dishonest, its pretty obvious what your intention was.

The intent of my comment was to start a discussion on why they think it is a good idea to continue to put resources towards making content for a dead game. I wasn't trolling, I wasn't trying to derail the thread, I was trying to have an adult conversation but people would rather call me a troll.

AlexBasch

"Why the hell are they making free stuff for people who still play the game, duh."

That's how I read it. It's odd. Complaining about free DLC now? I love this place.

Artorias

Banned
I bought the damn game day 1 and it was the only PS4 game I had for a month and a half. I like the game and defend it when people say it's shit. I also recognize that the multiplayer is dead and they are wasting resources that could go towards their next game.

I'm not a shareholder, so what do I care what they do with their time? I don't log on to check the player count, I log on to play. There are no game types that require 800 people, so I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

Or made an enjoyable multiplayer experience.. ya know... either or, right?

Edit: That's opinion... i find it horrible but that doesn't mean others, however small the population is, don't find it amazing.

Betty

Banned
"Why the hell are they making free stuff for people who still play the game, duh."

That's how I read it. It's odd. Complaining about free DLC now? I love this place.

It's more a case of wondering why they're spending any time making free DLC for the miniscule online population.

They had a chance to keep an active userbase and failed, it's not 'wrong' that they're still making DLC, just a bit pointless when they could be working on something new.

but it is an enjoyable multiplayer experience

That didn't do enough to keep the million or so who bought it to return.

Cudder

It's more a case of wondering why they're spending any time making free DLC for the miniscule online population.

They had a chance to keep an active userbase and failed, it's not 'wrong' that they're still making DLC, just a bit pointless when they could be working on something new.

Because Guerrilla is awesome and supports their games whether that's with free DLC or paid DLC.

Besides they do have another IP in the works, so.

.GqueB.

Banned
Really wish I could get into this game. Love when developers support their game this much. I had the same experience with Burnout Paradise. Respected the cause, couldn't play the game.

rac

Banned
Why not make the mp portion of the game free and offer an upgrade for people who like the game enough to want to play the sp. It's not like free maps are going to bring anyone new to the game.

Top Bottom