• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall: 2 Free Maps Out Today

Bluenova

Neo Member
wow sweet, I'll have to wait but Love these guys and their support. As many suggest, hope MP goes standalone eventually.

jpbonadio

Banned
I bought KZSF 2 weeks ago and I am loving it.

The botzone is where I'm spending most of my time with the game. It's so fun.

2 new maps for free? Thanks based GG.

The botzone is where I'm spending most of my time with the game. It's so fun.
Yeah, it really is. I still don't get why they don't just allow you to complete challenges and unlock gear in that mode.

Does anybody honestly give a shit if somebody boosts? Would it diminish the game if every competitive player had all the unlocks? If so what does that say about the game?

Even if that could somehow be argued, GG could still put up some "official" solo and group botzones that could be tied to the same progression system. Maybe some day.

Regardless I do spend a good deal of time blowing up bots - whether just to learn the maps, or if I want to play while listening to a podcast or when I know I'll need to be able to pause and jump out of the game often.

These are the custom warzones I like to use: http://shadowfall.killzone.com/warzone/NullPointer256#warzone=ca0f2354-a70f-4fca-a2b9-b7654a4625b0

Botzone Limited ditches one-shot-kill weapons, except for grenades, because being sniped by bots just feels wrong. And Botzone Beacons helped me learn where the damn beacon locations were so I could actually defend them when those mission types were rotated in.

Cudder

Do we have to download the "KZ Multiplayer Maps" again in order to get these? I hope I'm not downloading old maps again in the file.

low-G

Do we have to download the "KZ Multiplayer Maps" again in order to get these? I hope I'm not downloading old maps again in the file.

Yeah, when you click that it actually will attempt to download 3 different sets of downloads. If you have all the maps except the newest ones it'll go through the first 2 first... kinda weird, took more than one try to get it to download.

Cudder

Yeah, when you click that it actually will attempt to download 3 different sets of downloads. If you have all the maps except the newest ones it'll go through the first 2 first... kinda weird, took more than one try to get it to download.

So it downloads old maps, first at that?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Yeah, it really is. I still don't get why they don't just allow you to complete challenges and unlock gear in that mode.

Does anybody honestly give a shit if somebody boosts? Would it diminish the game if every competitive player had all the unlocks? If so what does that say about the game?

Even if that could somehow be argued, GG could still put up some "official" solo and group botzones that could be tied to the same progression system. Maybe some day.

Regardless I do spend a good deal of time blowing up bots - whether just to learn the maps, or if I want to play while listening to a podcast or when I know I'll need to be able to pause and jump out of the game often.

These are the custom warzones I like to use: http://shadowfall.killzone.com/warzone/NullPointer256#warzone=ca0f2354-a70f-4fca-a2b9-b7654a4625b0

Botzone Limited ditches one-shot-kill weapons, except for grenades, because being sniped by bots just feels wrong. And Botzone Beacons helped me learn where the damn beacon locations were so I could actually defend them when those mission types were rotated in.

Yep I love not mods in any shooter. Developers need to understand that their community ties won't last forever if they're not COD. Even then, cod wasn't dumb enough to have online trophies.

I have all the SP trophies for SF, but none of the MP ones because they're not borderline impossible to get.

Korten

Banned
Why can't I download the new maps? When I go to the store I get this:

[This content is already being downloaded.

KILLZONE SHADOW FALL Cruiser/Hanger Map Pack....]

Nothing is downloading, more odd at that, why does it mention Cruiser and Hanger and not the new maps?

Man I wish more people played this game. The co-op is awesome and me and my buddy are having a blast. Stoked to check out these maps though, haven't played regular MP in a while. Anyone know if more co-op maps are planned?

Why can't I download the new maps? When I go to the store I get this:

[This content is already being downloaded.

KILLZONE SHADOW FALL Cruiser/Hanger Map Pack....]

Nothing is downloading, more odd at that, why does it mention Cruiser and Hanger and not the new maps?

It will start eventually. This confused me as well.

Man I wish more people played this game. The co-op is awesome and me and my buddy are having a blast. Stoked to check out these maps though, haven't played regular MP in a while. Anyone know if more co-op maps are planned?
Six more are coming, specifically for Intercept. Free as usual.

This is the roadmap for 2014:

ibtKgn03Fsk4WV.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
I don't play Killzone or have it or even PS4 but i really want a map of that Terminal map.
The trailer for it reminded me of Terminal from Halo 2...
Someone telling how similar it is good too.

EDIT here is the map for Halo 2 Terminal:
Terminal_map.gif

Cudder

Only on GAF will you find someone refusing to read and understand a post, even when an edit has been added to clarify things. Oh wait, that's the whole internet.

Why don't you get it? If a developer wants to support their game/community with free DLC, that's THEIR PREROGATIVE. Whether the community has 100 dedicated players online or 50,000, if a developer wants to build on the game more and give more to their fans, what in God's name is wrong with that? It's what separates good developers from great ones.

inb4 you tell me I'm not understanding what you're saying and that I didn't read your post.

SZips

Nice! I haven't played much of the MP in Shadow Fall but I might fire it up after the Destiny beta ends to see the new maps.

Fired it up last night and had a few games, still new to the SF multiplayer, even though I played a hell of a lot on KZ2. Really dig it and prefer it over the fast pace shooters like COD>

Marco1

When I purchase these from the store I always have two 2GB of what looks like the same thing to DL.
Why is this?

Korten

Banned
They really need to implement a mercy rule. Seriously, if one team wins the majority of the rounds... why keep going? I just finished a game were the score was 0 - 8... It should have ended a long time ago.

Top Bottom