• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall | Full Forest level gameplay | Best looking game of show?

Mitchings

Banned
oh my fucking god this game is beautiful. Sess provides us with some new footage.
http://youtu.be/pEwM_zS-y8E?t=5m17s

Gotta be honest, some of that footage looks really weak in terms of visuals and animation.

Something about KZ:SF just seems really graphically incoherent. I don't say this lightly as I think it's said far too much, but I genuinely think some of the darker shots in that just look like upscaled KZ3.

I think this game is going to be very lighting dependent, when lit well it'll look great, but go dark and it crumbles.

KAL2006

Banned
TWIST! I came here for the graphics, and I came out being impressed with the gameplay. Glad it isn't linear, more open level design, more tactical and I like the idea with the Owl orb tool.

What the fuck is wrong with Sony, both Killzone and inFamous, I wasn't much hyped for, and the gameplay videos just made those games into must haves, why didn't Sony just show this gameplay in the conference, instead of things like Assassins Creed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
AS someone who never played any of the ps3 killzones, i like the change in colour/style so that gives me some interest.

I find the way they use the lighting to make the colors appear harsh and contrasted quite unappealing compared to KZ2/3. KZ3 had a ton of color without going as high contrast.

Violater

There is not a single thing in BF4 that looks more impressive than those KZSF shots. The texture quality looks pretty damn good to me.

bf4forest1.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-03-26-at-10.33.26-PM.png

Really?

There is not a single thing in BF4 that looks more impressive than those KZSF shots. The texture quality looks pretty damn good to me.

The way the foliage is lit in Battlefield looks better to me. It Looks more natural than these, but that could be something to do with alien worlds being unnatural of course.

The hilarious thing is, so many people were downplaying KZ SF's visuals for being sky boxes and non geometry lol. Now it seems the game is more open ended.

There's a whole lot of geometry in some of these levels.

iWUOtwNqeqq8p.gif

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

Should have made it look like the top gif.

RedSwirl

The turn to more open-style level design is a surprise. It looks like what they're making is similar to Crysis 1 where they drop you in a large environment and do the objectives however you want.

Remember when people were saying Crysis 3 won't be beat in terms of visuals by next gen?

This looks more impressive, and the fact that the environments are open makes it even more so.

I can't wait to see the dark, gritty Helghan side of the wall.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Both Shadow Fall and Second Son look amazing graphically but look just ok gameplay-wise. The kind of games you would buy for like $10 or $15 in a Steam sale. Their counterparts Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs look more fun to play imo

rdrr gnr

I don't know. I would be more impressed if it were 60 fps. It does win for best looking gun model, however. Goddamn that thing looks sexy.

Boss Man

Both Shadow Fall and Second Son look amazing graphically but look just ok gameplay-wise. The kind of games you would buy for like $10 or $15 in a Steam sale. Their counterparts Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs look more fun to play imo
I wouldn't really call Watch Dogs a counterpart to Infamous...

I think Killzone looks amazing in parts but I agree with inconsistency. BF4 looks better so far IMO. Not agreeing with them not looking as fun though, especially Infamous.

For the first time, I am so interested in a Killzone title, Killzone Shadow Fall looks amazing, the gameplay seems to be tons of fun, Sand Box style maps with the ability to tackle objectives the way I see fit and in my order ?!, I am already sold.

I also really love the Owl, having a multi-function equipment like that is pretty cool to me, as for comparsion between this and BF4, I would take Killzone over BF, and no I am not a fanboy, I have no attachment to either games, it is just that Killzone seems to offer more for me than BF.

Anyway I am not sure if this has been asked before or something, but is there Dual Campaign in Shadow Falls ?!, when it was revealed there were a couple of images showing the 2 sides of the conflict, any one asked about this ?!

Anyway I am not sure if this has been asked before or something, but is there Dual Campaign in Shadow Falls ?!, when it was revealed there were a couple of images showing the 2 sides of the conflict, any one asked about this ?!

As I recall, there's only one campaign, and that's for the boring ISA side.

The february showing of the game was impressive graphically but this forest level doesn´t look much better than current PC games.

I have the exact opposite sentiments, especially with Watch Dogs. I remember being really impressed with it's debut last year but everything sense then has left me more and more uninterested. I'm not sure what people find interesting about the gameplay shown.
For the first time, I am so interested in a Killzone title, Killzone Shadow Fall looks amazing, the gameplay seems to be tons of fun, Sand Box style maps with the ability to tackle objectives the way I see fit and in my order ?!, I am already sold.

I also really love the Owl, having a multi-function equipment like that is pretty cool to me, as for comparsion between this and BF4, I would take Killzone over BF, and no I am not a fanboy, I have no attachment to either games, it is just that Killzone seems to offer more for me than BF.

No dual campaign, but there is a new big character described in this video,
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...ll-e3-2013--art---design-walkthrough--stream-

She
Yes, she
is the shadow marshal equivalent on the Helghast side and you run into her quite frequently, a pretty big character.

As I recall, there's only one campaign, and that's for the boring ISA side.

Really ?!, such a shame, having 2 campaigns -in my opinion- would have been awesome, especially if it is not separated but rather intertwined together, to make more of a cohesive experience.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...ll-e3-2013--art---design-walkthrough--stream-

She
Yes, she
is the shadow marshal equivalent on the Helghast side and you run into her quite frequently, a pretty big character.

Interesting, I was wondering who was that female on the box cover.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I have the exact opposite sentiments, especially with Watch Dogs. I remember being really impressed with it's debut last year but everything sense then has left me more and more uninterested. I'm not sure what people find interesting about the gameplay shown.

She
Yes, she
I've been speculating since the actress that plays her tweeted she was a lead back in February that the game is going to be some kind of Romeo and Juliet style story where you are working to take out the Helghast extremists and corrupt members of the VSA.

Three Killzone games come out over the course of two gens and I couldn't give less of a shit. Now two more are coming out and I want them both, albeit for very different reasons.

Shadow Fall looks mighty impressive indeed.

MDSLKTR

wtf does that even mean lol, a ubi soft and an ea game are full price quality for you?

Whats with the totally average showing? The marketing of this game for E3 has been a mess

Where is the direct feed gameplay, and direct feed screenshots? We are scrounging through off screen videos and poor quality streams to find a good images.

Every time I see something from this game I can't stop but think at how bad the art direction is. The designer who okays all that visual noise and garbage needs a swift boot from the franchise.

Remember when people were saying Crysis 3 won't be beat in terms of visuals by next gen?

This looks more impressive, and the fact that the environments are open makes it even more so.

I can't wait to see the dark, gritty Helghan side of the wall.
The game looks much cooler than I was expecting from a gameplay perspective (more Crysis-like), but personally, I don't think it looks as good as Crysis 3 yet (which also had pretty open levels. Not like Crysis 1, but I'm not sure KZ:SF will have levels any more open than Crysis 3 either). Perhaps by launch it will have eclipsed it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'm getting this hopeful vibe about the story for Shadow Fall... that Shadow Marshal equivalent on the helghast side of things meets up with you .. you work together in some limited capacity some crazy shit goes down and (hopefully) you realize that the ISA side of things are even more corupt. Perhaps they try to frame you for some terrorist shit to spark out the war. Higher ups in the ISA working with the terrorists to sow discord and produce a reason to go to full on war to attempt a cleansing of the planet to finish off the Higs...

she saves you. She brings you to the helghast side. You meet some people... realize they're just the same as you and you end up fighting alongside higs in the last levels...

shivers. Please GG... bring your story up to the level of your eye shattering graphics.

Zaventem

Damn this thread is pretty horrible lol. Anyways i think battlefield 4 looks better now that i've seen the forest video but this still looks good. And honestly withthe division revealed i can't see how this comes out on top with those trees.

Damn this thread is pretty horrible lol. Anyways i think battlefield 4 looks better now that i've seen the forest video but this still looks good. And honestly withthe division revealed i can't see how this comes out on top with those trees.

Personally, I think the city level showcased the visuals better, although you can see the entire city from the forest level when you look over the cliff. Battlefield sure looks more realistic, but it is so scripted and directed. It is so much easier to create a spectacle when you have so many scripted events.

Apath

I don't see how anyone could think this looks better than Battlefield (going off the comparison shots in this thread), but maybe it just comes down to preference of art style.

Nocturno999

That forest level looks great, although I'm disappointed about it being 30fps.
Hopefully there's urban warfare levels or in multiplayer maps.

FeD.nL

First game i'll play on my PS4. I think we'll get a helghast side of the wall reveal at gamescom and I hope they'll show some MP.

IcyEyes

The shots in the OP don't make justice to how awesome looking is the game while playing. I try the game and It's just fantastic, both to play and watch.

Ps The main weapon is just amazing. It look incredible cool.

jett

D-Member
The shots in the OP don't make justice to how awesome looking is the game while playing. I try the game and It's just fantastic, both to play and watch.

Ps The main weapon is just amazing. It look incredible cool.

Could you tell if the framerate in the demo reached 60fps sometimes?

I hope the Owl is the only weapon in the game. But with upgradeble functionality. Sort of like the BLADE in Vanquish.

Finding software or attachments throughout the game to upgrade it. That would be pretty damn neat imo.

Top Bottom