• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - New Info!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I want to see scale, or something from an animation or physics perspective that demonstrates clear evolution. Something that wows me beyond expectation.

I thought they did show scale. The amount of agents on the screen. The distance you could see.
In the end it probably doesn't matter because it's a linear (wider) corridor shooter but if you've seen the other Killzone games this one looked much bigger scale-wise.

Arnie

I thought they did show scale. The amount of agents on the screen. The distance you could see.
In the end it probably doesn't matter because it's a linear (wider) corridor shooter but if you've seen the other Killzone games this one looked much bigger scale-wise.

The scale looked no greater than what you'd expect from current generation. There weren't vast swathes of Helghast or ISA on screen. It depicted a small cluster of soldiers fighting another small cluster in a fairly tight environment (although the sideways path stuff suggested at something wider).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The scale looked no greater than what you'd expect from current generation. There weren't vast swathes of Helghast or ISA on screen. It depicted a small cluster of soldiers fighting another small cluster in a fairly tight environment (although the sideways path stuff suggested at something wider).
There were 60 NPCs running around. Triple that of the current gen KZ games. The cityscape was also actual geometry with a nice draw distance.

Arnie

There were 60 NPCs running around. Triple that of the current gen KZ games. The cityscape was also actual geometry with a nice draw distance.

The 60 NPCs is interesting because I didn't notice them whatsoever, giving the impression that they changed nothing in terms of how the player approaches the game. The cityscape and geometry looked amazing, more impressive than the Frostbite 3 stuff we've seen, but again it amounts to little more than aesthetic icing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The 60 NPCs is interesting because I didn't notice them whatsoever, giving the impression that they changed nothing in terms of how the player approaches the game. The cityscape and geometry looked amazing, more impressive than the Frostbite 3 stuff we've seen, but again it amounts to little more than aesthetic icing.
I didn't realize that there were that many either but that's what they said in their recent lighting presentation. There may be more in the current build than in the demo or the player just didn't look around enough to really put it in perspective.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
That's not a very exciting bullet point list

same as their boring gameplay video for KZ:SF.

there is a huge problem with GG,they seems like they can't do anything new or just don't really know what to do,for an example play as the helghast or focusing into story and characters about the war (something like The Line) or huge change in the setting could've been great and refreshing..but no, they just playing it safe and boring and this list tell us that they are doing nothing really new.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
- Can switch modes on your weapons
- Ex: you’re using a close range weapon, and with the press of a button, scope flips up and switches over to a long-range weapon

Bring back Helghan StA-52 Assault Rifle from Killzone1

Suprise shotty secondary was godlike

StA-52LAR.jpg

waypoetic

Banned
... But we knew all that.

EDIT: All i want to know is if KZ2's multiplayer guy is in charge of KZ:SF's multiplayer.

Shikoro

there is a huge problem with GG,they seems like they can't do anything new or just don't really know what to do,for an example play as the helghast or focusing into story and characters about the war (something like The Line) or huge change in the setting could've been great and refreshing..but no, they just playing it safe and boring and this list tell us that they are doing nothing really new.
They had something new and refreshing going on with KZ2, and people mothereffing complained to death about the sluggish controls, aiming and the color palette. That's why we got the KZ3 as it is and that's why we'll get another CoD clone with the same controls except less "fluid" and better graphics. Screw the people.

I haven't played KZ2 or KZ3 multiplayer yet, but what is better in KZ2 multiplayer?
KZ2 has identity whereas KZ3 does not. Watch some MP vids on YouTube and decide which is better. You can even check out KZ3's MP since it's free to play.

eat my 50 bullets

oh you are still standing

eat this slug round now
lol

I loved alt fire in KZ1. :(

... But we knew all that.

EDIT: All i want to know is if KZ2's multiplayer guy is in charge of KZ:SF's multiplayer.
Yes, he is.

I just noticed this little conversation on Eric Boltjes twitter account. Isn't Eric the guy who was in charge of KZ2 multiplayer, who subsequently left GG but is now back working there?

@EboltGG I never played KZ multi player because there has never been any no respawn modes hopefully KZ4 will make a mode for us!

@ShadowgateKDA Maybe! ;)

So possibly a round based, no respawn mode coming to KZ SF. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

- killzone shadow fall will be a video game on the playstation 4
- you will shoot bullets at bad guys
-thereis a jump buttoN?
- might suck who knows

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming

Really now? You're always the biggest detractor of Killzone for some reason yet I always find that you manage to make your way into it's topics/threads. What's funny is you're using old, recycled information labeled as new and attempt to use it as evidence as Guerrilla doing repetitive things. There is no new information beyond the demo so just wait until E3 to see because at the moment your criticisms are very... ahem, premature.

I also hope you're as critical of other games that don't do anything radically new in comparison to their predecessors or contemporaries. Also you're claiming players should take on the role of a Helghast, honestly what would that do other than deprive the game of it's iconic antagonists? Not really a good idea in my opinion. Finally we really can't address the games story yet but I think like all the standout titles in the KZ series, this one draws inspiration from real world events.

Top Bottom