• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Damn I totally recognise your Avatar from a game. Was it about gambling or something, it was like an RPG. Damn, I remember it being a fun game. What was it?
It depends on what system, but for the SNES Goemon was the star of The Legend of the Mystical Ninja and had two N64 games (among some handheld versions). The series was huge in Japan, but has been mostly forgotten by Konami now. Which is a shame, as they had some great humor behind them, even though they were seeped in Japanese culture.
I can't talk about the other games but I agree when it comes to ShadowFall. I feel like the Helgasts are only reacting to what the Vektans have done.

They had their planet destroyed, they have the right to be pissed. And, even if they are a dictatorship they are treated by the Vektans like inferior beings so I doubt they would be open to integrate them in the normal society.

This game is full of racism and the player is stuck playing the racist side, it honestly makes it hard to play at times.
The KZ series, in my opinion, has been very heavy-handed in their subtext. And not very discrete about it, either. I'd certainly consider the series AAA, considering their budget and reception, which makes the poor execution of their story and dialogue even more befuddling.
I played through on my freshly ISF calibrated Panasonic VT65. A visual tour de force. Tbh, I still can't even get over how good it looks, and for a launch title too.

I went through some of my screen shots after I beat the game and even whilst viewing them my jaw was on the floor too. Lol.
Kuro Elite owner, so I can relate. And, trust me, that jaw-dropping feeling never subsides. I still am awe-struck over the IQ exhibited by these high-end plasmas. I can't imagine gaming on anything less. ;-)

Is there something I need to trigger in the last part of chapter 9...it's ennemies non stop and there is no little orange marker to tell me where to go...I lasted about 10 minutes but they just keep coming and coming,some with shield,the ones with the blue barrier around them etc etc,it's a little ridiculous,especially with my whopping 3 grenades and 2 adrenaline packs,wooptydoo...wtf is this shit.

You kill enough of them and it triggers checkpoint to end that final segment. You basically just got to outlast them and kill em.

It's not that tough if you stick to cover and keep using the stun feature of the OWL. Keep using OWL and use the sonar pulse to know where the bad guys are at all times. A ton spawn so yea it's confusing at first but it really is just about surviving and killing them all.

Btw, some people mentioned spawning enemies. Like where? The only ones I noticed were in chapter 2 and... possibly 9, I think.

Usually if enemies are spawning, it's because the helghast got to the alarm station and turned it on, if you stop them from doing that then for the most part no more enemies spawn. In a few areas of the game if you start a fight, an extra 2-3 enemies might come out of a door somewhere or around a corner that your sonar pulse can't detect.

Kimppis

Been playing this all weekend after reading comments on here I was expecting all kind.of levels of awful but you know what I'm just finishing chapter 9 and I'v. Absolutely loved every mission.

People were moaning about chapter 7,8,9 so . Was really apprehensive and.waiting for it to get awful....it never happened.

I'm a little bit lost as to alot of complaints towards this game. I found myself taking screenshots every other min due to the stunning visuals.

The only thing I could see people not really enjoying is the delivery of the story. It can come across like a string of events with not much linking them together. I would put that down to it being a launch title. Other than that I genuinely love this game.

I agree 100%. "Waiting for it to get awful... it never happened." Indeed, it never did. KZ: SF is a solid launch title.

Usually if enemies are spawning, it's because the helghast got to the alarm station and turned it on, if you stop them from doing that then for the most part no more enemies spawn.

I only saw alarm stations in chapter 2. If there were more of them, guess I just killed all the enemies before they were able to activate the alarm, every single time after chapter 2. :D

Btw, people never talk about the first Killzone. :( Am I really the only one who liked it? Okay, I must admit, I haven't played it in years and it surely hasn't aged too well, but still. Overhyped, but still a good game.

jet1911

People are giving this game a hard time. They aren't accustomed to this gameplay style anymore which is very old school.

Huuuuuh nope. Not in my case anyway. I'm giving it a hard time because the SP is badly designed and the story doesn't make any sense! I can handle "old school" perfectly fine. Shadowfall is not "old school".

Constantly switching between this and Ghosts made me realise something. There's a controller dead zone issue in this game just like KZ2 present patch version. I appreciate their effort in making a game with no aim assist but they should've sorted out the dead zone as it only makes it artificially harder to play.

Really? I thought it was super responsive. A slight touch on the joystick and the camera moves instantly.

Been playing this all weekend after reading comments on here I was expecting all kind.of levels of awful but you know what I'm just finishing chapter 9 and I'v. Absolutely loved every mission.

People were moaning about chapter 7,8,9 so . Was really apprehensive and.waiting for it to get awful....it never happened.

I'm a little bit lost as to alot of complaints towards this game. I found myself taking screenshots every other min due to the stunning visuals.

The only thing I could see people not really enjoying is the delivery of the story. It can come across like a string of events with not much linking them together. I would put that down to it being a launch title. Other than that I genuinely love this game.

Yep.

Regarding the visuals and taking screenshots... I've died countless times in this game because I took a second to snap a picture of a beautiful shot. A.I wouldn't give me a second to take pictures... assholes. This game is absolutely gorgeous. Even the multiplayer looks stunning in which the same thing applies. I've died so many times because I end up seeing this awesome shot and I stop to press my Share button and then get shot. Oh well.

Readingaid

Neo Member
I've literally just finished it and loved it, for a launch game you couldn't ask for more.

I played on hard and just had a chat with my friend who . Was playing MP with earlier and the AI is smarter than most real world players.

Marc

Welp, finished the game... I would give it a 7/10... mostly for the multiplayer and graphics.

SPOILERS

- The story sucked to put it bluntly, if a story doesn't make you care about the subject at hand then it has failed. The main character, whatever his throwaway name is can be summed up as a dumb douche. The girl, whatever her name is, made no sense as a character. I haven't played the previous games so judging purely from this their motivations were all over the place. The main guy lost his father, gained a father and a purpose in war. Ok, I am with you, then he meets a girl who says we have to kill this other person and you should betray everyone you know and love. Your whole entire being should be ignored for me, except unlike other stories involving love where you do stupid shit because of it... this was because "but she helped me out, I mean why wouldn't I just give up everything I have grown up to believe in". And not because he discovered how alike they are, or how evil his own people are, he does this because he finds out they're trying to wipe out his race.
- That ending pissed me off, so I take on hundreds of guys with miniguns, tank walkers, flying helideath machines and then a handgun takes me out. I just take on an army, take a very special inaccessible lift to a place only myself and this chick knows about because we followed them. And his new dad just teleports behind me with a pistol with one shot to take me out, the guy he raised without a seconds hesitation. He could have just arrested me, but no, a shot in the back is the way to go for 20+ years of bringing him up. Uhuh. There are other games, western themed, that dealt directly with this paradox and did it brilliantly. This was just stupid.
- Oh but wait, there's more, because this chick I JUST met and became bestest pals with for no apparent reason takes it on herself to avenge my death. When she wasn't even there, so how the hell does she know what happened? Maybe it was the previous army of dudes that got me. It would seem the likely option compared to pistol man. This mission by the way is terrible, agreed with previous comments the stealth is broken. I just beat it doing the exact same thing I did 6-10 times in a row, but the final time worked. Including a kill with no alarm raised. It is so bloody random!
- I appreciated the pacing in parts of the game, its good to be able to look around and appreciate what you are seeing. At the same time, the action plods along and is doing nothing of note with the new generation.
- The freefall sections are bullshit, that whole bit where the planet is falling apart... I felt like Superman going at the speed of light judging by how much damage I somehow caused.
- Why is it when I am in space or whatever I go from my normal rifle to a fecking infinite rounds cannon?

If there is a Killzone 4, I am unlikely to check it out next time, I hope they move on.

I was thinking GG team probably felt that the split planet setup of this game was how the whole franchise should have started. Probably something along the lines, "Why didn't we thought of this earlier, this is far more interesting, memorable, tense and evocative than simply two planets warring with each other" and then hoped that they'd wave away any logical inconsistencies that might occur towards the translation to this kind of planet setup. Now that they've bit the bullet and done this, they have a much more interesting landscape to work with, and logic loopholes of getting there won't matter anymore in the next game.

I think GG has talked before about how the KZ storyline is loosely inspired by history. There's a break down I read once showing the parallels of the storyline with WW2 where Helghan is Germany and Vekta is a combo of France and America. The KZ:SF premise is a logical evolution of that, especially given that the Helghast originally lived on Vekta so you can consider Vekta as being Germany too. GG just didn't think through the logic of the premise very well.

Always felt punished when not going pure stealth in most areas. The way the AI spawn and fight do not make a good gunfight in the scenarios where stealth was optional

Agreed, I don't think stealth was handled well. IMO KZ:M did a better job with stealth. Your stealth kills in KZ:SF aren't really that stealthy and the enemy AI is superhuman about detecting when you've taken someone out. In KZ:M you had a bit of time so if you move fast enough you can take everyone out silently. I was kind of surprised at how poor the stealth is in KZ:SF when it is pretty good in KZ:M.

It depends on what system, but for the SNES Goemon was the star of The Legend of the Mystical Ninja and had two N64 games (among some handheld versions). The series was huge in Japan, but has been mostly forgotten by Konami now. Which is a shame, as they had some great humor behind them, even though they were seeped in Japanese culture.

That's the one! Really enjoyed the game.

While they were obviously going for the extremely comic-book exaggerated spin on the Berlin Wall and cold war with this, you have to keep our own history in mind. Was the whole population of Germany or Japan supposed to be exterminated or sent to live in the desert after the WW2 was won? See, if you think in those terms, the actions don't seem so crazy or unjustifiable anymore. Vektans did the only humane thing they could after causing such a massive genocide. I also don't think Helghast would bring their own military tech necessarily, but they brought some tech, and after 30 years they could develop whatever they saw fit. I'm pretty sure Germany's army was in all kind of good shape 30 years after WW2 ended as well. There also may not be any other habitable planets known to people, and that probably would be why Helgan was the only other option for Helghast in the first place after they've been chased away from Vekta.

Now of course, splitting the whole planet at the middle was indeed ridiculous, but to be fair you only learn that it was done like that (and not a few smaller walls that split larger cities) from a single dossier file that is pretty easy to miss. They don't shove that info down your throat during the game.

Comparing Killzone's doofy plot to the real-world issues it's attempting to discuss only serves to highlight how badly written it is. That's kind of my whole point.

nOoblet16

I'm not having any problems.
It's not about having problems. I loved Killzone 2 even witbout the patch and with its 150ms input lag, same here...I don't really have any issues but it's something that IS there (switching between BF4, Ghosts and this makes this apparent) and fixing it will only make the game better...so why not?

Really? I thought it was super responsive. A slight touch on the joystick and the camera moves instantly.
I thought it was super responsive too until I started switching back and forth beteen Ghosts amd Shadowfall and then I started feeling the difference. I wish I could make a video to show this but I cant. There is a slight dead zone in the analogue compared to BF4 and COD. Give your analogue a slight nudge...the minimum that you possibly could and do the same with BF4 and COD. You'll see that the camera will move in the later games but not in KZ.

This confused me as well until I looked at some of the collectable intel. This was the one area where the writing really failed the game. The rest was fine for the type of game it is but that point was far too vague.

There's actually three total. The first was a biological agent made for Sinclair and the VSA that would kill the Helghast. It was destroyed on the Cassandra. The second was another biological weapon being made for Visari that would kill the Vektans but Massar was killed before finishing it. The third was one she made with Stahl designed to shut down the VSA ships. The just keep referring to all of them as "the weapon" even though they aren't the same.
Wait, why would they have a biologist like Massar make an EMP weapon?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The lack of an amazing intro video is unforgivable. I was so disappointed when I loaded it up, expecting some amazing speech like in #2 only for it to go straight to a menu.
Also the multiplayer menu is a damn mess and I can't find shit

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The lack of an amazing intro video is unforgivable. I was so disappointed when I loaded it up, expecting some amazing speech like in #2 only for it to go straight to a menu.

lol, now this thread has indeed seen every complaint imaginable.

You see an intro 1-3 times, but you boot up the game for multiplayer way more often. I like that they got rid of all splash-screens and intros.

leng jai

Have to laugh at people saying KZ4's campaign is "old school". Just because it doesn't have set pieces and you don't kill anything half the time doesn't make it old school.

Vooduu

Wow this thread is hurtful lol.

I enjoyed the single player even though the story didn't really make sense. Lucas Kellen was a very forgettable protagonist and his lines were terrible. Makes me wonder what direction Guerrilla was going considering Echo was, imo, a pretty cool character. She's really the only reason I remember the story.

Gameplay was fun and the graphics looked great. Multiplayer needs some polishing. Its fun but it could use some refinements in its menus and hud.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
lol, now this thread has indeed seen every complaint imaginable.

You see an intro 1-3 times, but you boot up the game for multiplayer way more often. I like that they got rid of all splash-screens and intros.

I watched Killzone 2's intro video every time I loaded up the game, seemed like franchise tradition

TEH-CJ

Banned
After reflecting back on the SP after completing it a while ago I must say that it is pretty damn disappointing. Even though I was an avid KZ2 MP player there were times when I would go back to the SP just to relive the fun/intense firefights. You can basically pick any chapter, or hell just play through the campaign from the beginning and it was awesome fight after awesome, visceral firefight. The grit, the guns, KZ2’s SP was FUN for me to play through. Hell; I can even go to KZ3 and there are plenty of chapters with good firefights to be had. The problem is I’ve tried to go through KZ Shadowfall's SP several times after completing it, but I find a lot of it to be boring. I want to go through it again for the graphics, but the only ‘fun’ chapters to me are chapters 4, and 5 – which play more like a Killzone should. GG; I don’t want to fall through nonsense, or protect a floating elevator. I want to shoot shit up against fantastic AI; if you make another KZ, make the SP more like chapters 4 and 5. The MP is ace though; which is the most important thing here. The MP is nearly as good as KZ2’s (would say they would be about equal if there were squads, proximity chat, etc.) The air bot in MP needs to be nurfed though; they are ridiculous - they were bad in KZ2 with their random head shots, but in SF they are floating death machines that take over a territory, and turrets can no longer shoot rockets at them like in 2.

100% spot on. Nailed it bro.

chapter 4 and 5 is what killzone is about. Not the other rubbish chapters. But even so, the game lacked the visceral punch of killzone 2. The fire fights were not as good, the AI got a complete downgrade compared to the previous killzone games and the whole game felt like it needed a shot of testosterone or something.

The Helghast in killzone 2 were brutal and dynamic. They were the smartest AI next to HALO.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I generally enjoy Killzone games, they always have their flaws, but I'm on Chapter 8 now and it has just become a chore to just get through the level, I mean, they make you do one thing that takes a bit of time, but then they make you do it again, and then again. At which point I quit and decided to go play something else, because god knows they will probably want me to do this thing a 4th time because they seemingly can't think of anything else for this chapter besides pure unadulterated monotony.

Which is a shame, because visually the game looks pretty fantastic.

SpecX

Just finished the game on Saturday and I'm giving this a 7/10. I can't believe they ended it the way they did and all the robots at the end was outrageous. I really was enjoying the game until chapter 8 which is where is all went downhill for me. This and the pacing between chapters really burned me on the game, I wanted some kind of transition between leaving the facility to the space station like they did when you abandon the spaceship and enter the atmosphere of the planet. I'm finally going to join in on the multiplayer modes, but if they don't hold up and hook me, this game will be put aside quick.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I loved the instaboot into menu.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Same here.

You just fly through some digital stuff for a few seconds and voila, there you are in the game menu.

Why can't all games be like that?
Seriously. You can even go directly to matchmaking of your last played Warzone from the UI and the game remembers if you left in the Campaign or MP menus. Next gen as fuck.

McLovin

What jank?

Aside from the broken 8th dimensional calculations used when throwing grenades everything else seems solid.
Any section that had you flying had some sort of jank. I had to restart that part where you fly up to space like 3 times because I kept getting caught in invisible geometry outside of the ship.
Durring that skydiving part I got caught on a building for like 2-3 seconds before the game let me move on.

Bollocks

Just played the chapter 8 freefall section and lol that shit was easy, didn't even die once, no inverted controls or anything. How can you make such a fuss about that section.

Now chapter 10, that shit sucks, alarm goes off arbitrarily, turrets spawn out of nowhere, redid that section at least 10x before I said fuck it.

Nipo

Just played the chapter 8 freefall section and lol that shit was easy, didn't even die once, no inverted controls or anything. How can you make such a fuss about that section.

Now chapter 10, that shit sucks, alarm goes off arbitrarily, turrets spawn out of nowhere, redid that section at least 10x before I said fuck it.

They made it much easier with the patch last week. Slowed it way down and improved controls.

RedAssedApe

Banned
What jank?

Aside from the broken 8th dimensional calculations used when throwing grenades everything else seems solid.

lol...i've killed myself with grenades so many times because i can't seem to figure out the correct trajectory. i dont think its the usual parabolic curve.

Bebpo

Banned
Wait, why would they have a biologist like Massar make an EMP weapon?

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense :\

I thought the "downer" ending they were going to go for to setup KZ5 in an empire strikes back way and be "shocking" was gonna be that the Vektan's and Sinclair's warmongering has Massar create this horrible virus to wipeout the Helghast which then gets turned against them and at the very end Stahl unleashes the virus on Vekta and 99% of Vektans die (including Sinclair horribly) in the ending and half the planet goes dark.

Bollocks

and done.
Now ready for the MP.

Now off to read a summary of the story.
Overall it was enjoyable, it lacked some epic fights though, so if I had to rank KZ2>KZ3>KZ:Shadow Fall. In lieu of a launch title it is ok.

krioto

I'm enjoying the pace of the SP - sneaking around, brief, intense firefights, then move on to the next objective. It makes sense in line with the character (Shadow Marshall) you play in this game.

Feels old-school, fps

leng jai

The low scores seem to make sense now - they're based mostly on the campaign. I can justify 6-7/10 depending on how many points you want to allocate for the audiovisual prowess.

The KZ series, in my opinion, has been very heavy-handed in their subtext. And not very discrete about it, either. I'd certainly consider the series AAA, considering their budget and reception, which makes the poor execution of their story and dialogue even more befuddling.

Kuro Elite owner, so I can relate. And, trust me, that jaw-dropping feeling never subsides. I still am awe-struck over the IQ exhibited by these high-end plasmas. I can't imagine gaming on anything less. ;-)

Goemon should absolutely appear in Smash Bros. He is a much better choice than Snake. I also think he should get a console kart racer. However, I'm probably one of the few western Goemon fans on the planet and my existence is sad.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. The unpatched version was like doing the Death Star trench run with no targeting computer, no force powers, and you weren't entirely sure how to fly an X-Wing.

Damn. I wanna try the unpatched version when I get the game then hahaha.

Darknight

Beat the game like 1-2 days ago. As a KZ fan, this was disappointing.

Best thing about this game is the MUSIC! Heard that the people who preordered get the OST but then read that its not out yet? Sucks since its so good. Wow music in this game is the best out of all the KZ games. I like the "score" like music in the old ones but this new soundtrack is something that I can listen to any time of the day. its damn catchy.

Worst thing about KZSF is how GG fails to get across why certain things are in this universe. Why can I breath in space?(same suit he always wears on Vekta lets you??) How can I float and move across zero gravity areas? Why can Kellan shoot rockets when floating in his magic carpet? If you look at his shadow(character model), looks like he is holding a gun yet in-game you dont have one.

How does the AirDrone work? When you call it/send it out, does it come out of your backside? Does Kellan wear a backpack like device that the robot resides in? (I think GG should of made this droid have 1 life per mission. If it blows up, its gone till you die/finish section)

I hate that you cant freely climb high areas, you must wait for a prompt (X to climb). Missions arent presented properly. No proper segway into how you are getting into some of these missions. You just appear in space, floating. Ok how did Kellan end up here? Oh and when Kellan falls from that thing that blows up with Tyran...he falls and screen goes blank. I thought to my death. Nope you are standing up like nothing happened walking down a path. So he lands on his feet? A simple scene with him landing on his back and into a platform would help. Alot of these little things broke immersion for me.

I could go on and on about these little things like when you use a spiderbot, your character model disappears? Cloaks itself? lol. Sorry just venting!

Elios83

I've finished the SP campaign and I've enjoyed it more than KZ2 and KZ3. There is more variety, the plot is more interesting than in the previous games, graphics of course are amazing and the artists have done a wonderful job. Gameplay is really solid and well balanced.
It has a bit of this old school feeling, I've found it to be a mix of Doom 3 and Crysis. It is not a groundbreaking or innovative game but it's a solid fps with the usual top notch graphics from Guerrilla. I'd give it a 8.

Really enjoy it. Didn't have the time yet to play very much but Chapter 2 was fun.
Also didn't realize how much modern corridor shooters have influenced me. Finding a way to that AA gun really wasn't that hard but it took me quite some time to get an idea how to get there.

And I really like the difficulty although I die a lot. Maybe I just suck or I need to use the OWL some more.

100% spot on. Nailed it bro.

chapter 4 and 5 is what killzone is about. Not the other rubbish chapters. But even so, the game lacked the visceral punch of killzone 2. The fire fights were not as good, the AI got a complete downgrade compared to the previous killzone games and the whole game felt like it needed a shot of testosterone or something.

The Helghast in killzone 2 were brutal and dynamic. They were the smartest AI next to HALO.

Oh please, there was nothing amazing about the AI in KZ2 at all. It's typical linear corridor shooter AI that just takes cover and pop and shoots and shifts position. Even Halo CE had more impressive AI than anything in any of the KZ games.

Have to laugh at people saying KZ4's campaign is "old school". Just because it doesn't have set pieces and you don't kill anything half the time doesn't make it old school.

Thats not at all why people calling it old school, its because of the non linear design of the games various areas, and that a player has to actually explore to figure out how to get to the next section. Old school shooters like Doom, Duke3D, and so on were all about exploration in non linear maps where you had to usually find an objective to proceed. You often didn't have constant combat in those games either, huge sections of Doom involved searching back and forth to find a path out. There was also some slight platforming/puzzle elements in SF, which again gives feeling of more old school design. The game has many segments that are guided cinematic action though of course, but they at least give you freedom to play and not constantly have NPCs screaming at you to "COME ON MOVE FORWARD!"

It was different from many of the other blockbuster shooters like COD which is pretty much a guided cinematic, with many playable scenes being nothing more than holding up on the movement stick the entire time. It's funny in Ghosts there are combat segments that are cinematic but you still got enemies and they give you shooting control, yet it has no purpose as you don't die from taking the enemy hits and it's again, a guided cut scene. You don't get lost or have any exploration to do.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Really enjoy it. Didn't have the time yet to play very much but Chapter 2 was fun.
Also didn't realize how much modern corridor shooters have influenced me. Finding a way to that AA gun really wasn't that hard but it took me quite some time to get an idea how to get there.

And I really like the difficulty although I die a lot. Maybe I just suck or I need to use the OWL some more.

I made a how to play video of chapter 2 to help people out. I kind of had to rush through to make it fit in the time limit but I hope it helps some people. Each base I approach differently. The first is preventing enemies from hitting the alarm, the second is dealing with an alarm once it goes off, and the third it taking out the alarm before storming the base.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1387065241540954

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Really enjoyed the first half, but the second half got progressively worse with horribly repetitive mechanics. Feels like the petrucite cannister puzzles/enemies were used WAY too much to pad out the game. I get the impression that they give you all of these cool abilities and the only way they could think of balancing it is to throw tonnes of enemies at you constantly, I always felt overwhelmed with bullets coming from everywhere

None of this was helped by woeful instakill falling/flying sections and some awful checkpoints. The very last part was also needlessly trial and error and finished the game on a slightly sour note. On the plus side I actually quite liked the story throughout and thought the aforementioned ending was excellent in concept, if not execution.

Imo the SP ranking is KZ3 > KZ2 > KZSF

Is the whole flying through space stuff and rockets supposed to be from the OWL? Since OWL is attached to your back like a jetpack or something? No idea, it was odd how you suddenly had infinite rockets and boosters in space

I made a how to play video of chapter 2 to help people out. I kind of had to rush through to make it fit in the time limit but I hope it helps some people. Each base I approach differently. The first is preventing enemies from hitting the alarm, the second is dealing with an alarm once it goes off, and the third it taking out the alarm before storming the base.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1387065241540954

Thanks appreciate it, but your link doesn't work for me :(

I finished the campaign and enjoyed it. I'd rate it a solid 8/10. While different in many respects, I found the campaign more or less on par in terms of quality and entertainment value w/other 'AAA' FPS campaigns such as Halo 3/Reach/4, Crysis 2 and 3, and the various COD campaigns, and better than that of KZ2. In some ways it was most similar to the first Crysis, although not as good in my opinion.

My experience didn't exactly mesh up w/that of many others as I found the difficultly on normal to be similar to those other games too. Actually, if anything, I think I found most of the other games listed to have more frustrating moments. Probably the worst part of the game was reading this thread as I went through it, which made me fear/negatively anticipate what was coming ahead, when I never really found anything to be overly difficult once I finally arrived at those places. It seems if you didn't fully leverage the OWL or take advantage of some strategically placed weaponry, the game was much more difficult than it was otherwise.

Anyway, solid launch title.

nib95

Banned
Playing through in Hard now (after completing it in Normal) and much preferring it. Once the trial and error is out the way, it's a much more enjoyable game as you can concentrate on the gunplay. You have to be far more tactical and precise as well. AI seems far more relentless and your health is even lower. I've found that I've been using the OWL in Attack mode constantly, where as in Normal I was using Shield the most.

In Hard, the shield only provides temporary cover as they either destroy it too quickly or punch through by charging you from all angles. Suffice to say, it's a much better experience the second time around.

Top Bottom