• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall Review Thread

Iceblade

Why are so many of you lambasting a reviewer just because the score is sitting in the middle? The level of bold-faced incredulity that people seem to have towards games criticism (especially when those people constantly accuse the industry of being 'moneyhats') whenever a score doesn't align with their own expectations is astounding.

Doesn´t look too hot overall even if we ignore the MS shills from Polygon.

Aha. AHA. AHAHAHAHHAHAA. Oh my.

Hahaha by Arthur Gies.

iVZ9T0Bzxrwrj.gif

I expected better reviews for this one, really. As a total Killzone non-fan, it always looked terrific in my eyes, but it looks like it's going to be the worst reviewed home console Killzone yet.

Yager

Banned
What do you expect?

It's a Killzone game, of the previous three games I have played, I have enjoyed none of them. This just another Killzone game sprinkled with some launch title glitter, and the scarcity of other games at launch has built the hype about this one.

This. Mediocre franchise. If it wasn't for the visuals, nobody would talk about Killzone.

Recall

lol @ Kotaku and Polygon. Reviews aren't worth shit.

Eurogamer and Gamespot though. Hmmmm...

Have you played the game yourself? A game is more than just pretty graphics and framerate.

I do not understand the neogaf mindset that gameplay and game mechanics don't matter. So obsessed with framerates that seemingly that's all it should take to please all.

seems expected. kinda knew since launch trailer that this was gonna be a cinematic shootery majig with a big emphasize on graphics.

Glad framerate sounds good!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
oh polygon? oh gaf!

its a mans opinion. a man who played the game (you havent!). a man whose opinion really isnt drastically far off from the others that have been published.

lol too familiar design.

And then they will give Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield and all the other " exact same as before " shooters 8's and 9's.

Typical of todays gaming press.

nib95

Banned
Killzone has always been an okay at best shooter.

not surprised at all.

Graphics alone don't make a good game.

KZ2 is one of the best shooters ever made. Not so much for it's SP, but for it's sublime multiplayer, which to this day is, imo, one of the finest multiplayer shooters ever made. Behind only Counter Strike Source.

Not too great, not too bad. Seems like an average game. I was never in to the Killzone series, but this one looked promising. I may pick it up eventually. Not any time soon, though.

A 7/10 from Eurogamer?
Man, next gen's off to a rough start. :[

Perhaps Sessler was on to something about indies being the first ones to innovate and then hopefully it will trickle down to the big AAA stuff.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hearing that the more open level design quickly regresses is probably the biggest disappointment for me. I've always felt Killzone, as a series, really isn't all that great (I don't think Killzone 2 is a good shooter at all, but Mercenaries does some great stuff), but the wider play space and open level structure had me more excited than I would be for a Killzone game.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Have you played the game yourself? A game is more than just pretty graphics and framerate.

Look at the negative on the Kotaku review, "cookie cutter story sequences that players have already seen before"...umm sounds like every CoD ever, yet that never seemed to pull the scores down in CoD (Ghosts aside).

All I care about is if the multiplayer has legs. Story is secondary for me
You and the majority of people who will be picking this up. And yet reviewers still don't seem to grasp this so they rush through the campaign and play a few hours of MP to get a review out in time for launch. Pitiful.

GAF impressions are what will matter with this game.

4lejandro

Haha that polygon bias. Personally I can't wait to play it, I love Mercenary and if that's any indication SF should get plenty of love from me too!

DrZeus

Looks like all the FPS are getting pooped on critically. BF4 and Ghosts are also the lowest reviewed console entries in those series as well. I think the fatigue has finally set in.

Edit: Not for me. I rarely play FPS every few years, so I can't wait for my dosage of BF4, Blacklight, and Kz:SF on PS4! In reality everyone is waiting for Destiny and Titanfall. Those seem like the evolution people are ready for in the genre. No way these games are as bad as they are being reviewed as.

IvorB

Jesus... the Vita game was brilliant, but just short. I was hoping for a longer but similar campaign here.

If it is, I'll be very happy regardless...

Edit: From the IGN review, that's exactly what it sounds like. Vita campaign style with double the length. I'm stoked!

Yeah I don't play FPS games but I got the Killzone Vita game and it's pretty awesome. If I can play that on a bigger scale that would be awesome.

People should stop giving so much airplay to these reviews, man. They are meaningless, especially the numbers.

kasane

oh polygon? oh gaf!

its a mans opinion. a man who played the game (you havent!). a man whose opinion really isnt drastically far off from the others that have been published.
Lol at your tag. While i havent read the reviee since im avoidibg spoilers, seems like other reviewers kinda like it

Coen

So how come this is the only competitive FPS reviewed on the SP portion alone? Why is barely anyone talking about the MP?

Because that would mean having to wait a couple of weeks. And we can't have that, now can we? Think of all the clicks they'd miss!

this polygon quote:

The moments I wasn't shooting were my favorite parts of Shadow Fall's campaign

that kinda sums up 90% of first person shooter campaigns this gen for me lol. Damn shame the 'open level design' was kinda bs.

I'm glad that reviewers are being critical for once, especially on story elements. I just wish they'd do it across the board on all games.

Because they were fair in story elements ith the last Call Of Duty and "Venezuela conquers North America" and dragged down the score of Ghosts even more.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm surprised at how all over the place these seem to be. Oh well, they're at least keeping my hype in check. Expecting more of a KZ3 than a KZ2 now.

The lack of open levels is the worst news about this game. If I was expecting a standard Killzone game then I wouldn't be disappointed but I really thought it was going to be significantly more open ended. I'm just glad I know that going in now but I feel like the game was misrepresented because of that.

cdkee

Banned
Polygon / Gies are such a joke. Can we just ban their site from NeoGaf? It's obviously just click bait garbage.

Kacho

Seems like another average Killzone game. I'm not surprised really. Beyond the nice visuals I saw nothing from the gameplay that looked all that interesting.

Top Bottom