• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Kardashian: Hollywood Projected to Make $200 Million This Year - Analyst

From Bloomberg

Since its June 25 release, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood has risen as high as second among most-downloaded free-to-play games at Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s U.S. App Store, and the well-reviewed title yesterday was third. Its success has driven shares of creator Glu Mobile Inc. (GLUU) up 44 percent.

While the game is free to play, the goal is to get users hooked on in-app purchases such as clothing or a burst of energy needed for traipsing through Hollywood. Users can spend as much as $99.99 for 175,000 virtual dollars. A trip to Beverly Hills costs 4 game “dollars,” while 400 will buy a necklace.

Annual revenue from Kim Kardashian: Hollywood may reach $200 million, estimates Douglas Creutz, an analyst with Cowen & Co. in New York, who has the equivalent of a buy rating on Glu Mobile and expects the stock to rise to $6 in the next year.

If revenue for the game approaches Creutz’s projections, San Francisco-based Glu Mobile will get a significant boost. Sales are projected to rise 52 percent this year to $160.5 million, the average of eight estimates compiled by Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...e-lifts-publisher-glu-mobile-from-e-list.html

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Princess Peach: Mushroom Lifestyle to be announced for eShop anytime soon.

And before the hate train leaves - from what i have read people are enjoying the game, so considering what kind of project it is, customers seem to be satisfied. Now be angry about people enjoying something you dont :)

Skele7on

Banned
call of duty : Kardashian Ops

GOTY 10/10

Edit: just read the whole OP, that's even more horrifying....

Mobile gamers, just stop.

SoundLad

Anyone here playing this? I'd be interested to learn more about the "draw" of the game and is it actually fun/satisfying to play?

Why do people idolize her again? From what I understand she made a sex tape which was made public, and from that point forward she became a kind of pseudo celebrity and eventually got a "reality" tv show deal? I don't get it.

KHlover

Banned
"Hollywood Projected"? Never heard of the game, but I'll trust Kim for now. She can't be worse than Pachter.
EDIT: Damn it, capitalization!!! So the game is actually just called Hollywood? Still never heard of it.

tbh I thought this was supposed to be in off-topic when I skimmed the post :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why do people idolize her again? From what I understand she made a sex tape which was made public, and from that point forward she became a kind of pseudo celebrity and eventually got a "reality" tv show deal? I don't get it.

You only consume media or play games that feature people and figures you idolize ?

tumblr_n7sm0mij3L1td7wmfo1_400.gif

Nzyme32

I suppose if some people are genuinely enjoying it and happy to spend money on it, to the point that enough people really do push it to make $200 million anually, who am I to complain?

I don't need to like the game but fair play to them as long as there isn't anything shady going on

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This one seems to be sold mainly on her name recognition.

Recognizing and idolizing are two different things.

Also, she's done exactly as much as anybody else who has earned a reality show about them:

Nothing.

Top Bottom